Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Also saying Chromatica is not good enough objectively when it literally is her most critically praised album. I thought the critics who supposedly know about this stuff are always right or is it only when they call Beyoncé's acting bad? :receipts: jk don't come for me

Edited by CHROMATICON
  • love 2

A Popster Is Born 18,363
On 2/16/2023 at 10:30 AM, derpmonster said:

Listening to Joanne in full with headphones. Such an underrated gem. Sure it's not her best work ever, but I'm glad it exists. It's still got a great vocal performance and something different from her. :kiss:

Hide contents

As for the instrumentals? Great gowns. Beautiful gowns. The way we were robbed of a 10x better album just because InterFad had to hire Ms. BloodClot to water it down and turn everything into easy listening soft electro beats (mixed with annoying high pitched sounds, looking at PI) instead of the more organic sound Mark Ronson is known for. :arguega:

See what happens when Gaga and Ronson work together without that fad producer from the mid 2010s? Yes. It's called Shallow. :oscar:

Imagine praising and bashing your favourite artist for the same release in the same post. If Gaga wouldn’t approve it, if Gaga didn’t like it, she would not release it. She’s standing behind all of her work without hesitation and so am I. It’s not BP’s fault or any other producers’  fault for that matter. Blame all of them, including Gaga if you have to.

Spoiler

Having said that, BP when I’ll catch you for the bore that HMH is!:katy:

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 18,363
On 2/16/2023 at 11:36 AM, CHROMATICON said:

Also saying Chromatica is not good enough objectively when it literally is her most critically praised album. I thought the critics who supposedly know about this stuff are always right or is it only when they call Beyoncé's acting bad? :receipts: jk don't come for me

Liddos take critics into account when fighting other stan bases but ignore them when people are saying this because they can’t stand the fact that this is indeed her most praised album in terms of reviews. So tiring.

• hugs 1
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,600
On 2/16/2023 at 2:37 AM, DonnieDarko said:

Imagine praising and bashing your favourite artist for the same release in the same post. If Gaga wouldn’t approve it, if Gaga didn’t like it, she would not release it. She’s standing behind all of her work without hesitation and so am I. It’s not BP’s fault or any other producers’  fault for that matter. Blame all of them, including Gaga if you have to.

Hide contents

Having said that, BP when I’ll catch you for the bore that HMH is!:katy:

Sis please Gaga approved of HMH too. :laughga:

I actually can praise and bash something at the same time. Because reality is complicated. I get it and I'm not saying that Gaga is perfect and it's only one producer's fault. But there's something to be said about professional boundaries. He's the one she's been closest to personally of all her producers. And it's also true that he was originally brought in by Interscope, not her. :enigma:

She's an extremely interesting and capable artist. I love almost everything she puts out. At the same time, I feel like somehow her own taste can be... Questionable. Like how Jewels N Drugs was her favorite song on ARTPOP :mess:

It'll forever be a mystery to me how she can have enough of shared taste with a lot of us that she can approve of and put out music we love, but when it comes to specifics, it's so different. 

• paws up 1

On 2/16/2023 at 7:36 AM, Impossible Princess said:

RS has gone mad-

are you saying this because of american life? but they didnt lie about that

it should be even higher to be honest, that album is ridiculous

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 18,363
On 2/16/2023 at 11:53 AM, derpmonster said:

Sis please Gaga approved of HMH too. :laughga:

I actually can praise and bash something at the same time. Because reality is complicated. I get it and I'm not saying that Gaga is perfect and it's only one producer's fault. But there's something to be said about professional boundaries. He's the one she's been closest to personally of all her producers. And it's also true that he was originally brought in by Interscope, not her. :enigma:

She's an extremely interesting and capable artist. I love almost everything she puts out. At the same time, I feel like somehow her own taste can be... Questionable. Like how Jewels N Drugs was her favorite song on ARTPOP :mess:

It'll forever be a mystery to me how she can have enough of shared taste with a lot of us that she can approve of and put out music we love, but when it comes to specifics, it's so different. 

I worded it wrong. We can do both, agreed. I jjst hate when people bash her producers instead of bashing her ot at least bashing them all lol. BP and Ronson both specifically said - she’s in control all the time even tho it may seem to not be the case in some situations. Anyway, I get what you’re saying. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,762
On 2/16/2023 at 10:29 AM, CHROMATICON said:

For real I think Chromatica needs a viral moment the most. The fact that is her most recent album with Ariana and BLACKPINK and had a No. 1 Grammy winning song yet it's not doing 1M daily is kinda tragic. If Bloody Mary went viral anything from Gaga will. I think Replay, SC, 911 and Babylon (Bree version) have the most potential.

On 2/16/2023 at 10:31 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Its not good enough enough and im being objective

We need to move on from chromatica 

The fantastic debuts for the project shows how much hype she had post ASIB and how people are here for Gaga after all her good movements.   800k daily for an album that went #1 in 23 countries means it was never going to smash, but it could've been a good era at the time and maximised the units. It does need a tiktok moment and get it north of 1m like 'rare'.

Chroma is not more acclaimed than TFM or ASIB i dont think, but it is a good enough album for Gaga fans at least. its a bop album! :billiecat:

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,522
On 2/16/2023 at 4:33 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

The fantastic debuts for the project shows how much hype she had post ASIB and how people are here for Gaga after all her good movements.   800k daily for an album that went #1 in 23 countries means it was never going to smash, but it coul;d've been a good era at the time and maximised the units. moment and get it north of 1m like rare'

70 woc at max but it would've aged like milk as it is rn. no hate but im not a fan of this album can can do a lot better.