Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

On 2/13/2023 at 11:36 AM, Andreu said:

This being said I still cannot believe she wasted the biggest promo an anglo artist can have and hasn't used it to launch a new album or tour 

Well just imagine if Gaga was releasing Joanne B-side album right after her SB show. She's the artist who had the biggest boost on her discography post Superbowl

Gaga also is messy when it's about missed opportunities

ARTPOPster 1,620
On 2/13/2023 at 2:46 AM, BloodyOreo said:

:giveup: the POP update 

Truly amazing (for our standards). Just a few days ago people were saying it was close to peaking/over on Pop while HAC would carry it. Pop isn't willing to give it up just yet and we love it. :oscar:

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
On 2/13/2023 at 11:44 AM, monketsharona said:

Well just imagine if Gaga was releasing Joanne B-side album right after her SB show. She's the artist who had the biggest boost on her discography post Superbowl

Gaga also is messy when it's about missed opportunities

Gaga announced a tour which did a lot better than we expected back then, and that is the most profitable thing she could do. And releasing new music so quick would have been a little awkward imo, she needed to push Joanne and MR once more and it was proven to be worth it.

Edit: jfc Gaga has definitely missed a lot of oportunities and it is kinda frustrating for us, but I dont think that was one if the cases

Edited by Andreu
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 2
  • love 1

ARTPOPster 1,620
On 2/13/2023 at 2:36 AM, Andreu said:

I wish Gaga did the same instead of making 6 full-ish songs. And also the fact she used snippets of songs the geepee doesn't know as a kind of an easter egg for us fans was such a pleasant surprise: Numb, Birthday Cake etccc

Not you forgetting about the *DITD instrumental*, LoveGame LoveGame, Papa-papa-I'm on the edge" serve :billiecat:

I disagree though, I'm glad she let each song have its moment. Didn't feel rushed that way. The only thing I would've changed is swap Telephone for something else. Applause could've had a cute moment. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 12,828
On 2/13/2023 at 10:36 AM, Andreu said:

I really liked how she squeezed so many songs, even though some of the choices were well... a choice. I wish Gaga did the same instead of making 6 full-ish songs. And also the fact she used snippets of songs the geepee doesn't know as a kind of an easter egg for us fans was such a pleasant surprise: Numb, Birthday Cake etccc

this being said I still cannot believe she wasted the biggest promo an anglo artist can have and hasn't used it to launch a new album or tour 

Tbh i think as of late, the superbowl hasn't nearly given the same boost as in the 10's. Gaga was always really an 'event' kind of artist and she really utilises promotional spots well - any opportunity she was given post ARTPOP she made an event

Stans made this 'lol SB million reasons'  whilst forgetting the climate at the time and spotify not wanting anything to do with MR. Labels would take 3 songs on TTH over a SB anyday imo for a current era in a post 2018 world. 

• paws up 5

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 2/13/2023 at 11:52 AM, little legend said:

What was the peak audience of Hold My Hand?

28.8-30M

Peaked at 12.123 in Pop (4800 spins)

Peaked top 10 on HAC with like 11.4M (3100 spins)

#9 on AC with 3.6-3.7M audience and 800+ spins

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
On 2/13/2023 at 11:55 AM, derpmonster said:

Not you forgetting about the *DITD instrumental*, LoveGame LoveGame, Papa-papa-I'm on the edge" serve :billiecat:

I havent forgotten it was one of my favourite parts, i just wished she did something like that again beyond the intro :ohhh: we wanted John Wayne and Venus1!1!1!1 :bigbird:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
On 2/13/2023 at 11:57 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Labels would take 3 songs on TTH over a SB anyday imo for a current era in a post 2018 world

Specially since it doesnt imply anyone getting their a** up

• lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,620
On 2/13/2023 at 2:57 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Tbh i think as of late, the superbowl hasn't nearly given the same boost as in the 10's. Gaga was always really an 'event' kind of artist and she really utilises promotional spots well - any opportunity she was given post ARTPOP she made an event

Stans made this 'lol SB million reasons'  whilst forgetting the climate at the time and spotify not wanting anything to do with MR. Labels would take 3 songs on TTH over a SB anyday imo for a current era in a post 2018 world. 

Gaga has also always been a promo (live performance) sensitive artist because let's face it, her performances are interesting. Whenever she does a televised performance, her entire catalog gets a boost in a way other artists don't. :shine:

• paws up 2

ARTPOPster 1,620
On 2/13/2023 at 3:06 AM, chartgaga said:

It peaked at #19 on pop let’s’not

Hasn't Bloody Mary already surpassed that? Pop is the biggest category on radio, so I don't get how you go from 20M to 90M. I know they changed the audience formula a bit but still. Was Shallow picked up by a bunch of other formats (other than Pop, HAC, AC)?