Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

ARTPOPster 2,014

I think rihanna did ok, just average. Probably above average if you consider her being preggers. Although she lacked the IT charisma of born performers like gaga, bey or madonna :katy:

The stage was cool but i think it could have been used more. Like put some projections on that white tile lmao. Tbh it felt very apple'd and sterile with the minimalism, not a fan  :snake:

The Red jackets were too monotone. Costume was also meh overall, although i liked the dancers costumes :snake:

Her songs were quiet good with a few odd choices, but great transitions tbh. Like nobody has pulled off that many songs while also not destroying the flow of the performance :applause:

The opening and ending was not really very memorable too. Not the worst performance of all time but surely one of the worst among pop girls because theyre held to some insane high standards :shine:

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 2/13/2023 at 8:51 AM, Mr. V said:

I think rihanna did ok, just average. Probably above average if you consider her being preggers. Although she lacked the IT charisma of born performers like gaga, bey or madonna :katy:

The stage was cool but i think it could have been used more. Like put some projections on that white tile lmao. Tbh it felt very apple'd and sterile with the minimalism, not a fan  :snake:

The Red jackets were too monotone. Costume was also meh overall, although i liked the dancers costumes :snake:

Her songs were quiet good with a few odd choices, but great transitions tbh. Like nobody has pulled off that many songs while also not destroying the flow of the performance :applause:

The opening and ending was not really very memorable too. Not the worst performance of all time but surely one of the worst among pop girls because theyre held to some insane high standards :shine:

I mean, yeah Riri was an electrifying performer (I'd say she's better than Katy who only relies on theatrics) but the stage, the setlist and the vibes were so good.  Yeah, her strongest factor is just her hits tbh

Edited by Mario Spears

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 2/13/2023 at 3:42 AM, Lazz Monster said:

My pop girls' Halftime Shows ranking:

1. Gaga
2. Beyoncé
3. Shakira/JLo
4. Madonna
5. Katy
6. Rihanna

Same. I'd put Rih before Katy tho. 

A Popster Is Born 10,029

One of the WEAKEST show ever

literally served the same energy as Weeknd, Justin Timberlake and any male artists out there

also not them using the pregnant excuse… like didn’t Beyonce kill her a** off at VMA’s 2011 while being pregnant… Rihanna has never been a good performer and always looked lazy and this crowned it

the stage was meh, no choreo, setlist was uneventful too

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 2/13/2023 at 3:37 AM, Adarsh said:

They said it’s a male artist next 

If so then it better be him forsure! 

QiXhUy.gif

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 2/13/2023 at 9:06 AM, Adarsh said:

I liked this more than Madonna (apart from the entrance) and Katy’s messy shows tbh

To each their own. But Madge did her damn thing in her performance, idc if she lipsynced she was DANCING and performing the stage down (only mistake is performing GMAYL instead of Hung Up or Express Yourself. She could've also performed the Confessions Tour version of Everybody instead of it). 

Katy.... Only relied on theatrics and the only highlight was a left shark outmoving her ijbol

I love Katy performance. Setlist was perfect, there was enough time to soak in every song, she was keeping thing interesting by changing a lot with each song. Also the guest appearance from Missy was amazing. 

She isn't amazing performance, but she played to her strengths and gave an interesting and amazing show.

• paws up 6
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 2/13/2023 at 9:34 AM, little legend said:

Wait I completely forgot 

Did Hold Me Closer aka the Bad Habits of 2022 aka best song of 2022 , won Record or Son of The Year at the Grammys? 

:enigma:

In Knees Army heart yes

• shook 1

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 2/13/2023 at 4:34 PM, zoldyck said:

I love Katy performance. Setlist was perfect, there was enough time to soak in every song, she was keeping thing interesting by changing a lot with each song. Also the guest appearance from Missy was amazing. 

She isn't amazing performance, but she played to her strengths and gave an interesting and amazing show.

FACTS.. :applause:

Rihanna show was good, not one of the most iconic ever but still a good one. Not as good as shows by other female pop stars like Madonna, Gaga, Beyoncé or even Shakira / JLo

It was such a pleasure to see her back. And I love the fact she made it without guests.

Edited by monketsharona
  • love 4

A Popster Is Born 13,395
On 2/13/2023 at 1:45 PM, Mario Spears said:

To each their own. But Madge did her damn thing in her performance, idc if she lipsynced she was DANCING and performing the stage down (only mistake is performing GMAYL instead of Hung Up or Express Yourself. She could've also performed the Confessions Tour version of Everybody instead of it). 

Katy.... Only relied on theatrics and the only highlight was a left shark outmoving her ijbol

Madonna should’ve done it alone. Nobody wanted to see Nicki, MIA and LMFAO at her show. The guests were not it.

• paws up 3
  • thanks 3
  • lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 2/13/2023 at 10:10 AM, Adarsh said:

Madonna should’ve done it alone. Nobody wanted to see Nicki, MIA and LMFAO at her show. The guests were not it.

Yes. Fair 

• love 1