Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

A Popster Is Born 10,573

The only fact that hurts about Beyoncé is that she is a Dance / EDM Grammy winner when they blocked Gaga from being nominated in those categories all along her career.

That is a shame knowing all of Gaga's dance albums are actually Grammy winners worthy far more than Renaissance. Still a good album anyway.

Edited by monketsharona
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 5
  • love 2

Popster to Popster 3,903

The fact that Renaissance lost AOTY but Harry won...it just proves that Grammys are SCAM! 

And the Grammys keep showing their racism. 

Edited by Mario Spears
  • thanks 1
  • lol 2

On 2/6/2023 at 3:25 AM, Adarsh said:

Diplo knows why Beyoncé won in the dance categories despite not being a DJ

spacer.png

if she was gonna buy anything might as well buy aoty not dance categories

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 13,403
On 2/6/2023 at 12:46 PM, sugden said:

AOTY is voted by all the members of the academy not just one genre so it’s clearly harder to convince them all.

• paws up 4
  • thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 18,423
On 2/6/2023 at 8:16 AM, sugden said:

It’s not going to fit their narrative tbh. Not that I believe you can’t buy awards because you can but the blatant hate towards her and then acting like we’re only doing this because her fanbase is the worst is absolutely ridiculous. 

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 2/6/2023 at 6:17 AM, Adarsh said:

:icant:

Gaga and Bey always getting robbed 😭😭 not surprised tho. 

Grammys are irrelevant. 

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 2/6/2023 at 8:17 AM, Adarsh said:

AOTY is voted by all the members of the academy not just one genre so it’s clearly harder to convince them all.

Idc what the Grammys or these few people said. Renaissance will always be the real AOTY. 

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 2/5/2023 at 10:35 PM, OliverDespechao said:

The Fraud :katy:

Bey joining Rih, Donna and her mother Janet 👏👏👏

See what happens when you're a LEGEND 

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
On 2/5/2023 at 11:13 PM, OliverDespechao said:

MOTOMAAAAMI WON :darkmode:

@Andreu

On 2/5/2023 at 11:13 PM, Fame Romance said:

Rosalia won @Andreu

On 2/5/2023 at 11:13 PM, Stats4LG said:

ROSALÍA WON :ohyes:

it was the bare minimum and I always took it for granted tbh so I didn't move

4822-F10-C-89-F9-4226-9751-7-A072-FDA860

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 2/6/2023 at 7:08 AM, DonnieDarko said:

Harry’s performance tho

:katy:

Yeah, it was not it 🙄 i don't get the hype over him and never will. 

On 2/6/2023 at 7:10 AM, Adarsh said:

I mean if Taylor can win 3 times despite being the second worst vocalist after Selena...

I believe Taylor bought them. 

Edited by Mario Spears
  • paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 2/6/2023 at 5:42 AM, Lazz Monster said:

Not Beyoncé losing AOTY :dead:

I can totally see the Hive on twitter saying The Grammys are 'racist', 'Beyoncé was snubbed' :mess:

Bey is always robbed. Lemonade deserved AOTY, Renaissance too. The Grammys indeed are r@cist scam

On 2/6/2023 at 5:41 AM, MANiCURE1295 said:

YAS HARRYS HOUSE :giveup: SO f-ING DESERVED

IJBOL pls 

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
On 2/6/2023 at 5:45 AM, ConnorFilm said:

Adele won one award tonight? How the mighty fall. 

I meaaan I don't think she is going to be mad and it's still one award more than 99% of people have won

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384

Bad Bunny was snubbed as expected and we all know why :billie:

The genre-bending artisté won as expected, but at least not in the biggest categories

I didn't care for that Lizzo song but at least she blocked other people from winning, same for ROTY, even though I am still mad Steve Lacy was snubbed. Actually more surprised than mad, because he seems to have everything the grammys love to reward.

idk the girlie who won BNA but I'm kinda happy anitta didn't win. As much as she's practically the only artist on the list I actively listen to, the fact she was nominated for this category was a joke.

I can't believe they decided to leave ABBA grammyless once more :dead: I thought the point of nominating them was that they wanted to make up for their lack of wins but n-e-ways we know they hate continental european artists too. I don't like unholy at all, but when you take a look at the other nominees except for ABBA the bar was on the floor for the pop duo this year

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384

Also my hot take is that, since they are never going to be competing in an equal way, hispanic (or non-anglo, in general) music shouldn't be allowed to be nominated. Because the biggest winners in the latin grammys getting crumb awards at the anglo ones give out the idea that latin grammys and hispanic music in general is worth less. 

Spoiler

Which is what most white and black americans (and non-hispanic ones in general i guess) must think 

Edited by Andreu

Pop-a-911-ster 28,966
x3

Bloody Mary playing once again at the metro station (at the busiest hour). So many people got blessed by Gaga's voice.:oscar: 

Spoiler

It's just hits different when you listen Gaga in public :bradley:

A Popster Is Born 13,403
On 2/6/2023 at 12:48 PM, DonnieDarko said:

It’s not going to fit their narrative tbh. Not that I believe you can’t buy awards because you can but the blatant hate towards her and then acting like we’re only doing this because her fanbase is the worst is absolutely ridiculous. 

I love you and you know that but can you tell me why did they change the DJ rule only to award Beyoncé in the dance categories? Don’t you find that weird? 

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,966
x3

Gaga not winning an EDM Grammy is so unfair. 

Beyonce won more than half of her Grammys cause of the RnB categories. Gaga deserved to have 10 more Grammys at least from EDM categories :arguega:

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 2/6/2023 at 8:58 AM, Adarsh said:

I love you and you know that but can you tell me why did they change the DJ rule only to award Beyoncé in the dance categories? Don’t you find that weird? 

She deserved to win BOTH AOTY AND the dance category. 

• lol 1

ARTPOPster 2,014
On 2/6/2023 at 7:25 AM, Adarsh said:

Diplo knows why Beyoncé won in the dance categories despite not being a DJ

spacer.png

Honest i noticed that too, if it was any other year, it's crystal clear that the winner is Rufus du sol. Honestly I've been a fan of his music the past few years and i was already disappointed when they nominated bey everywhere that he will lose all the Grammys he deserved to her.