Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

A Popster Is Born 13,416
On 2/5/2023 at 6:46 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Y'all are so unserious

She is the best selling female artist of all time

And Gone with the wind is the highest earning movie of all time. How many kids from the current generation are talking about it regularly? 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,137
On 2/5/2023 at 6:45 PM, Adarsh said:

There are plenty of artists that debuted before her that are performing better. There’s no shame in admitting that GenZ and Gen Alpha don’t know who she is. 

What are those plenty except for men bc misogyny exist

No female artist are competing with men of that time bc of gender bias

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 2/5/2023 at 2:17 PM, yomama said:

If it's fair to compare Beyonce to Dua Lipa and the like, surely the dino shouldn't be an exception now, should it?

1436333821_smokinemall.thumb.gif.62710b5

I'm seeing a pattern

wgCq0IQ.gif

But Madge stans know her catalogue is from the past while the Hives act like Beyonce is a new pop girl

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,137
On 2/5/2023 at 6:48 PM, Adarsh said:

And Gone with the wind is the highest earning movie of all time. How many kids from the current generation are talking about it regularly? 

Her & mariah are the most Streamed girls from 90s and madonna even debuted a decade ago idk how u say she is forgettable 

& Mind u that 40% of mariah total Streams come from that christmas somh

• paws up 1

On 2/5/2023 at 9:14 AM, monketsharona said:

It's totally delusional thinking Madonna has fogotten music when she has when Express Yourself, Vogue, Like a Prayer, Hung Up, Like a Virgin, Frozen, La Isla Bonita and so much more in her discography. Some of those songs still heavily inspiring some 'recent artists' :tea:

Hung Up alone is extensively used in tiktok, and she has a few other viral tracks like Frozen and the unreleased demo

On 2/5/2023 at 9:15 AM, Adarsh said:

There are plenty of artists that debuted before her that are performing better. There’s no shame in admitting that GenZ and Gen Alpha don’t know who she is. 

Maybe on Spotify, but on YouTube for example, Madonna is outviewing Cher (and even Mariah Carey on the future side of things)

On 2/5/2023 at 9:17 AM, yomama said:

If it's fair to compare Beyonce to Dua Lipa and the like, surely the dino shouldn't be an exception now, should it?

1436333821_smokinemall.thumb.gif.62710b5

I'm seeing a pattern

wgCq0IQ.gif

I don't always go after Bey, especially in the context of Dua Lipa. This comment is weird. Besides, Madonna is also an entire generation ahead of Bey, so maybe at least choose an act that was contemporary with Bey like Britney. Again, just weird comment all around

200w.thumb.gif.a1cdde719c4cdc2d8895ed7b1235abc8.gif

200w.thumb.gif.a1cdde719c4cdc2d8895ed7b1235abc8.gif200w.thumb.gif.a1cdde719c4cdc2d8895ed7b1235abc8.gif200w.thumb.gif.a1cdde719c4cdc2d8895ed7b1235abc8.gif

Edited by Dean AYOster
  • thanks 1

On 2/5/2023 at 4:18 PM, chartgaga said:

But Madge stans know her catalogue is from the past while the Hives act like Beyonce is a new pop girl

a) no they do not
b) as long as you're a SWIFFER we are not gonna be able to have a conversation, ever

wgCq0IQ.gif

• paws up 1
  • lol 3

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 2/5/2023 at 2:24 PM, yomama said:

a) no they do not
b) as long as you're a SWIFFER we are not gonna be able to have a conversation, ever

wgCq0IQ.gif

Not my fault if you can’t collect your thoughts and have a conversation without resorting to the same bias… 

On 2/5/2023 at 4:28 PM, chartgaga said:

Not my fault if you can’t collect your thoughts and have a conversation without resorting to the same bias… 

I mean, I can. There's no point though cause, y'know, your fellow swiffers act like Gaga is a FAD and hasn't been relevant since 2009 so where do we go from here?

wgCq0IQ.gif

Taylor and Gaga have supported each other since they both became mainstream acts, I really don't understand why the two bases fell out. It was so nice around 2018 to early 2019

Edited by Dean AYOster
  • paws up 2
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 13,416
On 2/5/2023 at 7:07 PM, Ayobabylon said:

No bc how some of y'all are Taylor Swift enablers but gets triggered Everytime someone here praises Beyoncé or Madonna like how-??:katy_pie:

Because Taylor Swift never had an unhealthy obsession with Gaga :katy_pie:

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 2/5/2023 at 2:34 PM, yomama said:

I mean, I can. There's no point though cause, y'know, your fellow swiffers act like Gaga is a FAD and hasn't been relevant since 2009 so where do we go from here?

wgCq0IQ.gif

and you stan a woman whose base also put Gaga down, calling her the biggest FAD ever and makes fun of her health condition and how ugly she is...

meaning, every base have their problematic stans and you can stan an artist without loving most of their fans.

I love Gaga and some people from the LM are insufferable, same happens in every fanbases

what I won't tolerate is when one acts like Taylor and Beyoncé demands is insane while Gaga had to give her tickets for free for Chroma Ball

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 2/5/2023 at 2:36 PM, Dean AYOster said:

Taylor and Gaga have supported each other since they both became mainstream acts, I really don't understand why the two bases fell out. It was so nice around 2018 to early 2019

up until some got cocky in joining the masses and throwing Taylor under the bus for the absolute garbage that were ME! and Calm Down

and then the Ariana collab happened and Swifties took it personally when there are literal videos of Taylor dancing to Ariana's songs

• sad 1

On 2/5/2023 at 4:42 PM, chartgaga said:

and you stan a woman whose base also put Gaga down, calling her the biggest FAD ever and makes fun of her health condition and how ugly she is...

meaning, every base have their problematic stans and you can stan an artist without loving most of their fans.

I love Gaga and some people from the LM are insufferable, same happens in every fanbases

what I won't tolerate is when one acts like Taylor and Beyoncé demands is insane while Gaga had to give her tickets for free for Chroma Ball

So what we've established is that every "stanbase" is insufferable and hating on a particular artist because of it is stupid?

wgCq0IQ.gif

Pop-a-911-ster 39,400
On 2/5/2023 at 8:39 AM, OliverDespechao said:

2010:applause::applause::applause:

2017:rip::dead::banana:

I still water up when I watch last years performance….her love for Tony really something else, I love them so much  :bradley: What a beautiful performance for Tony

• hugs 2
  • love 1