Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Popster for Sale 44,821
On 2/4/2023 at 5:22 PM, sugden said:

telephone isnt even on beys page

so it wouldnt get that much of a boost

exactly I don't think anyone is rushing to stream The Fame Monster because she announced her tour tbh 

Pop-a-911-ster 31,852

Lady Gaga charts 5 albums on this week’s Spotify Top Albums Global chart - the second most for a female artist

Not Gaga being #2 for female artist with no new studio album since 3 years ... :banana:

• paws up 5
  • hugs 1
  • yaas, gaga 4
  • love 1

On 2/4/2023 at 2:35 PM, Miaou said:

Lady Gaga charts 5 albums on this week’s Spotify Top Albums Global chart - the second most for a female artist

Not Gaga being #2 for female artist with no new studio album since 3 years ... :banana:

five? is this counting the top gun soundtrack?

Popster for Sale 44,821
On 2/4/2023 at 5:44 PM, sugden said:

five? is this counting the top gun soundtrack?

yes 

TF / TFM / BTW / ASIB / TGS

the TF(M) fraudery also helps but still impressive tbh 

• paws up 1
  • lol 6

A Popster Is Born 16,843
On 2/5/2023 at 1:20 AM, BloodyOreo said:

didn't expect that since her songs decreased when she released a studio album 

I think the new algo scheme is more vulnerable/fluid

On 2/4/2023 at 6:31 PM, chartgaga said:

why are Hives always hiding Telephone from Beyonce's most streamed songs?

I just noticed Telephone is written just like that on Spotify, maybe if it was written like 'Telephone' with Beyonce, same as ROM, it would appear on Bey top10 

Popster for Sale 44,821
On 2/4/2023 at 6:18 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Beyonce is doing fine for a female that debuted in the 90’s. I really don’t get the comparison with girls that debuted in mid 2000’s, especially white doing pop music, unless for a petty stan wars.

:cm:

I agree, but let's not act like Renaissance and Self-titled aren't pop. And Lemonade was a very strategic move away from pop when female-pop specifically was flopping hard and rap/rnb were rulling the charts so if anything it worked in her favor. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 18,429
On 2/4/2023 at 7:21 PM, BloodyOreo said:

I agree, but let's not act like Renaissance and Self-titled aren't pop. And Lemonade was a very strategic move away from pop when female-pop specifically was flopping hard and rap/rnb were rulling the charts so if anything it worked in her favor. 

It’s still urban pop, not your regular pop albums, especially selftitled.  Lemonade being even more urban did help her in the US, agreed but not ww, hence the stans laughing at her being local.  Aaaand the 90’s debut really does play a big role.

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • paws up 1