Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

On 2/2/2023 at 5:05 PM, Adarsh said:

Jennifer Lawrence’s last major movie is the 2nd biggest Netflix film of all time. 

On 2/2/2023 at 5:05 PM, danwasd said:

she was part of very famous franchises up until 2019, tho? 

After Hunger Games she didn't have the same pull until recently. Or maybe a voice in my head lied to me several times :excuseme:

A Popster Is Born 10,285
On 2/2/2023 at 10:04 PM, Adarsh said:

Joan Crawford and Bette Davis made countless hit movies that were both commercially successful and won them Oscars for best actress. Ryan Murphy turning their lives into a melodrama doesn’t make their career sad in any shape or form. 

That's true, but their career basically had hard lows as well. Hollywood turned its back to them.

It was a just an example. There's plenty of hot and trendy talented actresses that vanished from big productions the day Hollywood decided there were hotter new actresses. 

Popstanne 9,417
On 2/2/2023 at 6:00 PM, monketsharona said:

Hollywood can be very hard as well, maybe even more than music industry tbh. She really should make both music and actress projects regularly.

Believe me, the day Hollywood will decide she's the actress you need to avoid having in your movies. Nobody will want her in their productions.

Anybody who still hasn't watch Feud season 1 about Bette Davis and Joan Crawford should watch. It's sad ending for two movies stars. 

I'm not saying Hollywood isn't hard, but it's a fact Gaga is underappreciated for her "pop" career, imo she'd do very well as a full time actress

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 2/2/2023 at 10:07 PM, Dean AYOster said:

After Hunger Games she didn't have the same pull until recently. Or maybe a voice in my head lied to me several times :excuseme:

she just chose bombs that's all and then she had a baby

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,903

happy birthday to THEE Latina Queen LEGENDkira!!!!

:legend:

• paws up 1

On 2/2/2023 at 4:01 PM, sugden said:

what sucks is that they always play other people songs even with bad callouts

but never gaga

its Interscope as a whole, iirc there was an article where they were one of the only record labels that barely paid out radio stations, hence practically every act having to rely on pure organic success or dishing out there own wallets even Billie's latest era failed to score a Top 10 radio hit (overall and on pop)

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 13,327
On 2/3/2023 at 2:37 AM, monketsharona said:

There's plenty of hot and trendy talented actresses that vanished from big productions the day Hollywood decided there were hotter new actresses. 

That happens when you rely on your beauty instead of talent. And let’s be honest, no one is casting Gaga because she’s beautiful or hot. 

• love 1

On 2/2/2023 at 9:50 PM, monketsharona said:

I think we need to handle the fact she's not that liked by critics and the industry :oops:

Wrong!

GODGA is super loved by the industry.

The only ones hating on her is a minority of self called “music critics” aka irrelevant blog writers working for metacritic approved publications, who originally stan some old hasbeen blonde pop girls and are pressed that GODGA gave them the boot the second she put her foot in the industry!

spacer.png

Popster This Way 900
On 2/2/2023 at 3:27 PM, Swallow said:

Z100 totally dumping Bloody Mary :overit:

I feel like we've done this before. Like, one day Rain on Me would be on sub-power rotation, the next day it would only get played a few times in the early morning, late evening. And then people would meltdown about it, than the next day it would be back on sub-power rotation. That wasn't fun then and its not going to fun now :bebe:

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 2/2/2023 at 10:06 PM, Arturo said:

Cuff It is there. 

Cuff It and Bloody Mary outstreamed every JLo song this decade

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,326
On 2/2/2023 at 9:09 PM, Adarsh said:

That happens when you rely on your beauty instead of talent. And let’s be honest, no one is casting Gaga because she’s beautiful or hot. 

:bigbird: what? 

• thanks 1

Hm....will keep an eye on Z100. Hopefully they didn't completely remove it from the playlist this week. If so, updates might be bad bc 1M audience comes from Z100 alone so if it gets 0 plays from Z100 starting today it's going to lose all of that. But it may still get plays later today, let's wait and see.

A Popster Is Born 13,327

Hollywood is far more forgiving than the music industry. Literally every big actor has had multiple flop movies yet they keep going without the fear of failing. Nicole Kidman had to make 10+ movies before being taken seriously as an actor and now she’s at the peak of her career when she’s in her 50s. Can you say the same about the music industry? Absolutely not.

• thanks 3
  • love 2

A Popster Is Born 18,363
On 2/2/2023 at 9:28 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Gaga has around 55M followers on Insta. Meanwhile, Beyonce is close to hitting 300M. Lady FAD indeed!

:catwalk:

Taylor Swift has 243M and her tour announcement got 5.7M in three months while Beyonce has 294M and her announcement got 7.9M in one day. I didn’t mean to compare, as previously stated, because I really find it pointless but since you brought it up, I felt compelled to continue.

Let’s see what numbers will Katy Perry’s tour announcement do. 
:ohhh:

Edited by DonnieDarko

Popster This Way 588
On 2/3/2023 at 2:41 AM, Adarsh said:

Hollywood is far more forgiving than the music industry. Literally every big actor has had multiple flop movies yet they keep going without the fear of failing. Nicole Kidman had to make 10+ movies before being taken seriously as an actor and now she’s at the peak of her career when she’s in her 50s. Can you say the same about the music industry? Absolutely not.

As much as y’all love to sh!t on JLo, she’s also a good example for this. She will always remain more relevant than her peers because of her movies which are still successful after so many years. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,285
On 2/2/2023 at 10:12 PM, Adarsh said:

People cast Gaga because of her talent and box office pull, not because of how she looks. 

True, but that doesn't often last in majority of case. That was my original point. 

She has the chance of being a great musician / singer and actress. I don't see why she should stop releasing music.

I don't see where people got the fact her pop music is not successful when she had regular big hits in her discography from three different decades and she's still one of the biggest female artists in music industry.

Maybe people here need to stop comparing her to bigger artists than her and should handle the fact she flopped with songs that were actually not that good and we'll be happier with the numbers she's pushing. 

Edited by monketsharona
  • paws up 1