Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Popster This Way 900
On 2/2/2023 at 8:02 AM, Swallow said:

So apparently the callouts are bad for BM :katy:

We don't have access to the Mediabase radio callouts anymore. Gonna have to provide a source. 

On 2/2/2023 at 2:26 PM, Ayobabylon said:

@chartgaga she will do atleast 4 shows there, i think gaga's good for 1 wembly date 

Same thing happened with Madonna, more than 200k in line. I don't know how accurate is that. Or it's just ticketmaster thing for dynamic pricing

Popster to Popster 3,522
On 2/2/2023 at 6:57 PM, chartgaga said:

Renaissance is not lyrics… it’s just catch phrases put together… literally no one uses them as deep. It’s serving no actual thoughts or feelings

My issue with Chroma lyrics is that sometimes she doesn’t go as deep as she could. Certain lyrics remain at the surface

The IT factor of RENAISSANCE is its production and well used samples not lyrism

The topic of mental health is important but its not commercial 

Popster to Popster 3,522
On 2/2/2023 at 7:09 PM, Nemanja said:

Same thing happened with Madonna, more than 200k in line. I don't know how accurate is that. Or it's just ticketmaster thing for dynamic pricing

How much were gaga's? Can anyone recall? Her first Tottenham date took 1 week to sellout if i recall

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 2/2/2023 at 2:44 PM, Ayobabylon said:

How much were gaga's? Can anyone recall? Her first Tottenham date took 1 week to sellout if i recall

I think it was pretty big if I recall, in France it was literally A WAR!

Popster to Popster 3,903

Queen Bey rlly is coming to slay and putting all the girlies to their place and remind them she's THAT girl! 

Now she's also adding more dates!! Yup! 

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 2/1/2023 at 6:05 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Registered for the fan presale for the Boston show…I didn’t necessarily LOVE Renaissance but who I’m not gonna openly miss an opportunity to see of the best live performers of my generation…I’ll check out prices and go from there!

Yes me too! I'll get my tickets too!!! 😎😎

Edited by Mario Spears

On 2/2/2023 at 11:44 AM, derpmonster said:

If we're doing TFM 4th single discourse, my hot take is that it should've been Speechless. :arguega: GP was so judgmental of her back then thinking she's a talentless auto tune artist and a ballad would've showcased her vocals and her more vulnerable side. Shown that she has substance behind it all. If they realized that about her earlier, maybe she wouldn't have faced as much backlash. 

Hide contents

And maybe Born This Way would've got the critical attention it deserved and won AOTY like it deserved. 

I mean she did perfom it a lot in 2009, AMAs, Ellen, VEVO lauch, but she was still seen as a weird gimmicky pop star, I dont think it wouldve even worked as a full single with a music video and everything...

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 2/2/2023 at 3:11 PM, Bojana said:

I mean she did perfom it a lot in 2009, AMAs, Ellen, VEVO lauch, but she was still seen as a weird gimmicky pop star, I dont think it wouldve even worked as a full single with a music video and everything...

yeah I remember critics saying Speechless was such a non authentic song for Gaga, that she was such a fabricated popstar that it couldn't be true

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 2/2/2023 at 11:44 AM, derpmonster said:

If we're doing TFM 4th single discourse, my hot take is that it should've been Speechless. :arguega: GP was so judgmental of her back then thinking she's a talentless auto tune artist and a ballad would've showcased her vocals and her more vulnerable side. Shown that she has substance behind it all. If they realized that about her earlier, maybe she wouldn't have faced as much backlash. 

Reveal hidden contents

And maybe Born This Way would've got the critical attention it deserved and won AOTY like it deserved. 

Speechless def deserved to be a single! 

• yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

“Rocking or walking a carpet, as Doja says, “I like to show my feathers.” Her manager, Gordon Dillard, says, “It’s a performance everywhere we are. If we pop up at a party, it’s a performance. If she goes and reads a book, I’m sure it’s gonna be a performance. That’s her personality. I think Doja is our generation’s Madonna or Lady Gaga, as far as her capabilities, and we’ve just scratched the surface. We are planning for the long haul, as far as her businesses, and as far as potentially joining the film and TV world.”

The way every successful artist from the new generation wants to model their career after GODGA!

Thats what happens when you’ve built an unmatched career on versatility, full of GLOBAl cultural impact, staying true to your artistry and not following trends. 
IT WILL ALWAYS PAY OFF!

Interesting how nobody successful from the new generation is using Beyonce and Taylor swift as point of reference to model their career after, but only flops who never took off properly like Normani & Conan Gray?

spacer.png

Edited by totallyNOTentela

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 2/2/2023 at 3:15 PM, totallyNOTentela said:

“Rocking or walking a carpet, as Doja says, “I like to show my feathers.” Her manager, Gordon Dillard, says, “It’s a performance everywhere we are. If we pop up at a party, it’s a performance. If she goes and reads a book, I’m sure it’s gonna be a performance. That’s her personality. I think Doja is our generation’s Madonna or Lady Gaga, as far as her capabilities, and we’ve just scratched the surface. We are planning for the long haul, as far as her businesses, and as far as potentially joining the film and TV world.”

The way every successful artist from the new generation wants to model their career after GODGA!

Thats what happens when you’ve built an unmatched career on versatility, full of GLOBAl cultural impact, staying true to your artistry and not following trends. 
IT WILL ALWAYS PAY OFF!

Interesting how nobody successful from the new generation is using Beyonce and Taylor swift as point of reference to model their career after, but only flops who never took off properly like Normani & Conan Gray?

spacer.png

Olivia Rodrigo is right there tho

• lol 1