Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

A Popster Is Born 16,843
On 2/2/2023 at 4:16 PM, Miaou said:

Not ARTPOP at 21M streams in January and Chromatica 26M streams :rip:

the gap is only 5M :dead: Chromatica is such a huge disappointment in term of longevity :dead:

I love the album but it's a BOMB, longevity wise :rip:

Gaga, longevity poison, why?

A Popster Is Born 16,843
On 2/2/2023 at 5:41 PM, FRANZGA said:

I love the album but it's a BOMB, longevity wise :rip:

Gaga, longevity poison, why?

We blame STUPID LOVE :icant:

On 2/2/2023 at 10:25 AM, Ayobabylon said:

I mean she is making albums about dead aunts and mental healths

with due respect to latter but these things will never be relatable to GP and will never be able to compete with albums about ex lovers and popular husbands 

even with hmh she sneaked lyrics about heavens and mythology in a film about fighter jets which would be 10 times more relatable if it was a love ballad like take my breath away 

Gurl just stop :rip:. As if anyone thinks of ROM or Stupid Love as "mental health" songs :toofunny: they were as basic as anything else on the radio at the moment, SL even too basic. The lack of chorus was the reason that song never went anywhere not its theme.

• paws up 4
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,620
On 2/2/2023 at 1:46 AM, Swallow said:

Gurl just stop :rip:. As if anyone thinks of ROM or Stupid Love as "mental health" songs :toofunny: they were as basic as anything else on the radio at the moment, SL even too basic. The lack of chorus was the reason that song never went anywhere not its theme.

This. Plus "mental health" songs are actually starting to finally take off. If anything, they're more relatable and authentic to GenZ and Gen Alpha. There's a reason Billie's music was popular with its lyrics and Anti-Hero recently. Even Bloody Mary is very atypical (even though it can be read as a love song). 

Spoiler

Also, Million Reasons was a mental health struggle song ("head stuck in a cycle, I look off and I stare") masquerading as a relationship song. It went #4 and GP still remembers it :ohyes:

We've heard the same old love song tropes in a million songs before. Even her successful love song Shallow alludes to something deeper ("are you happy in this modern world", "aren't you tired trying to fill that void"). In conclusion, we need more Fun Tonight and less Stew Pilaf :flirtga:

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 12,828
On 2/2/2023 at 9:25 AM, Ayobabylon said:

I mean she is making albums about dead aunts and mental healths

with due respect to latter but these things will never be relatable to GP and will never be able to compete with albums about ex lovers and popular husbands 

even with hmh she sneaked lyrics about heavens and mythology in a film about fighter jets which would be 10 times more relatable if it was a love ballad like take my breath away 

i totally disagree about the mental health thing, its a very current contentious issue and she tied it into a dance album that's forward thinking and good marketing as per from Legend G.

Remember its a dance album, so production is the forefront. Renaissance lyrics make me cringe a little, but the focus is on production and that's where it's extremely strong - it went full into the concept.

• paws up 3

Popster for Sale 44,827

Yeah if anything Chromatica wasn't marketed enough as a mental health-related album. Imagine if Replay was released as a lead single, that would've sparked a much more interesting conversation around the era than Stupid Love. The fact that she had to fight to keep that song on the album :rip:

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1
  • love 2

Popster for Sale 44,827
On 2/2/2023 at 10:10 AM, chartgaga said:

#46. Beyonce with tour announcement 

didn't expect Bey to be below Gaga despite tour announcement tbh

when did Gaga announce her dates? so I can check the effect on her

On 2/2/2023 at 12:47 AM, JennyWayne said:

Every month I get reminded that Dance in the Dark is the least streamed song on TFM :overit:

imagine my surprise when I finally got spotify and saw the numbers :katy: i was like 'didnt we beg for this to be fourth TFM single? and now its the least streamed song' 

• lol 4

On 2/2/2023 at 11:29 AM, BloodyOreo said:

didn't expect Bey to be below Gaga despite tour announcement tbh

when did Gaga announce her dates? so I can check the effect on her

7th of March 

Also just noticed her latest insta post has over 1.7 million likes, not bad for a instagram shop 

• paws up 2
  • lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,620

If we're doing TFM 4th single discourse, my hot take is that it should've been Speechless. :arguega: GP was so judgmental of her back then thinking she's a talentless auto tune artist and a ballad would've showcased her vocals and her more vulnerable side. Shown that she has substance behind it all. If they realized that about her earlier, maybe she wouldn't have faced as much backlash. 

Spoiler

And maybe Born This Way would've got the critical attention it deserved and won AOTY like it deserved. 

• love 2