Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

A Popster Is Born 13,471
On 1/31/2023 at 9:40 PM, Ethel said:

It's not even a good comparison. Paula Abdul had two huge eras in the span of like, two years and then underperformed and then practically disappeared from music until American Idol. Katy's peak lasted close to a decade and she's still releasing music.

Also, Paula Abdul was an exceptionally talented dancer who literally choreographed for Janet Jackson. I don’t think Katy compares in terms of talent at least. 

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,396
On 1/31/2023 at 5:20 PM, Ms I am a local said:

The "He ate my heart" Edition of the Lady Gaga TikTok hits playlist is available with a new cover in honor of Monster!!!

And with no miley sneaks :applause:

Popster for Sale 44,902
On 1/31/2023 at 4:29 PM, Andreu said:

The way I have yet to ever hear someone mention Paula Abdul not to make this shady comparisons, let alone irl

7476E1FA-34A2-4976-A942-FC3F7881818A.thu

I only know who she is because of Rupaul's Drag Race endless spamming of her songs for lipsyncs

MANiCURE1295

Is Rupaul the old Katycats?

MANiCURE1295

Popster This Way 900
On 1/31/2023 at 11:26 AM, BloodyOreo said:

Since Gaga has been collapsing on daily artists unfortunately, I think that's not the case. 

I blame myself for saying she was coming for Ariana. :bradley:

She's collapsing because NYE is rolling over. It's going to keep going down hard for at least a few more days. 

I'm sorry, but I can't get over the fact that unofficial sped up videos on YouTube of Bloody Mary have already gotten more than 150M views... This is so enraging, why can't her team do something right for once? A simple question.

Popster for Sale 44,902
On 1/31/2023 at 4:38 PM, Ethel said:

She's collapsing because NYE is rolling over. It's going to keep going down hard for at least a few more days. 

I'm not talking about monthly listeners but daily streams. The former can be explained bc of NYE 1 month anniversary, but the latter can't. 

Popster for Sale 44,902
On 1/31/2023 at 4:38 PM, Ms I am a local said:

I'm sorry, but I can't get over the fact that unofficial sped up videos on YouTube of Bloody Mary have already gotten more than 150M views... This is so enraging, why can't her team do something right for once? A simple question.

They are protecting her legacy a little too well I fear. 

But yeah the song is absolutely smashing youtube and this goes unnoticed because it's not due to official uploads. In the real world the song is still a hit though. 

Popster This Way 900
On 1/31/2023 at 11:46 AM, BloodyOreo said:

I'm not talking about monthly listeners but daily streams. The former can be explained bc of NYE 1 month anniversary, but the latter can't. 

But both Dua and Ariana collapsed yesterday too. Gaga was ahead of Dua again yesterday. 

Popster This Way 900
On 1/31/2023 at 11:38 AM, Ms I am a local said:

The thought of a Chipmunk version being Gaga's top streamed song on her Spotify page is just too much for me. I don't participate in stan wars anymore but if I did, it would be hard to defend. 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,902
On 1/31/2023 at 4:48 PM, Ethel said:

But both Dua and Ariana collapsed yesterday too. Gaga was ahead of Dua again yesterday. 

36 (+3) Dua Lipa

28 (-2) Ariana Grande

For the past few weeks Gaga was like 4-5 positions below Ariana (now 14 below) and a few positions above Dua Lipa (now 6 below) so her drop is relatively bigger. 

Edited by BloodyOreo

On 1/31/2023 at 5:46 PM, BloodyOreo said:

In the real world the song is still a hit though. 

Yeah, but what are the benefits of this when this doesn't translate to WW charts nor certifications? Her team is so... in the past.

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,902
On 1/31/2023 at 5:00 PM, Ms I am a local said:

Yeah, but what are the benefits of this when this doesn't translate to WW charts nor certifications? Her team is so... in the past.

Agreed, I won't get into the sped-up debacle but a visualizer would've obviously been uploaded in late November by a competent team. 

• paws up 6
  • thanks 3

Popster This Way 900
On 1/31/2023 at 11:59 AM, BloodyOreo said:

36 (+3) Dua Lipa

28 (-2) Ariana Grande

For the past few weeks Gaga was like 4-5 positions below Ariana (now 14) and a few positions above Dua Lipa (now 6 below) so her drop is relatively bigger. 

I imagine that's mostly due to Blood Mary losing streams. My point was that other girls pop catalogs had also fallen, what with Gaga being above Dua yesterday even though she lost streams week over week. 

• paws up 1