Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Popster for Sale 44,665
On 1/27/2023 at 3:03 PM, Fame Romance said:

Imagine if Bloody Mary eventually becomes a Halloween classic and re-charts on Hot 100 every year like Thriller ugh 

Better than a 28474th tired Christmas song 

it better be on the top 5 of every halloween playlist next year tbh

• thanks 3

On 1/27/2023 at 12:03 PM, Fame Romance said:

Imagine if Bloody Mary eventually becomes a Halloween classic and re-charts on Hot 100 every year like Thriller ugh 

Better than a 28474th tired Christmas song 

Honestly, I don't think that's too far from reality, if Interscope promotes and playlists it in October. Monster has a lot of potential too, considering it gets a really good boost every year just for existing. 

I dream of some kinda of "Gagaween event" so bad. New music videos (dreaming too much), Halloween playlisting, some Halloween performances (like the Thanksgiving ones she did during the BTW era), idk. 

• paws up 3
  • hugs 2
  • yaas, gaga 2

ARTPOPster 1,577

I posted on ATRL why radio is so important in the US for the Hot 100 performance and longevity and thought I would share here for anyone that might be interested.

Spoiler

I apologize as this is lengthy.

Radio is important in the US for the Billboard Hot 100 as it’s part of their formula in addition to streams and sales. Radio airplay has a huge influence on the Hot 100. Radio can help a song rise on the Hot 100, and also helps cushion it if streams/sales fall. Radio can play a big factor in longevity on the charts as well because radio usually has a slower rise, but also a slower fall helping the song chart longer even if the sales/streams fall.
Several songs stay in the top 15 of the BB Hot 100 weeks after their sales/streams peaked thanks to big radio support. Current examples include Anti Hero (49% of points from radio), Unholy (47% of points from radio), I’m Good (Blue) (57% of points from radio), Die For You (55% of points from radio), As It Was (50% of points from radio), Made You Look (49% of points from radio). Songs overall just perform better/have better longevity on the charts if radio is on board.
A good example of good radio support helping Gaga would be with Applause. Radio didn’t peak until October/November for Applause, and is a big reason that it stayed in the top 10 as long as it did. Without radio, longevity can be hard and songs are likely to be more volatile and fall quickly after a peak. Gaga unfortunately hasn’t had good radio support since ARTPOP. They supported Million Reasons, Shallow, and Rain on Me decently, but it could have and should have been much better. These songs could’ve charted even better and had better longevity had radio been more onboard.
Interscope hasn’t really pushed Gaga hard on radio since ARTPOP. That’s why it’s promising that they’re apparently giving a hard push to Bloody Mary on radio. Streams could stay the same or even fall a bit, but with good radio support and increases, the song would continue to climb the Hot 100.

In summary, it’s important that radio is on Gaga’s side in the US and will help with Hot 100 performance and longevity.

• love 3

ARTPOPster 1,577
On 1/27/2023 at 8:47 AM, Fame Romance said:

Bloody Mary actually rose on weekly US Spotify streams compared to the previous week (+19k) 

It also performed better on AM, we shouldn’t be having meltdowns over one bad day when we’re having amazing and steady radio increases 

I’m kinda shook at the stability and slow, but steady growth overall in the US. We’re used to a quick, nice peak and then falling off completely after a few weeks. :billie:

Stability and longevity >>>>

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

On 1/27/2023 at 10:11 AM, Artur said:

Honestly, I don't think that's too far from reality, if Interscope promotes and playlists it in October. Monster has a lot of potential too, considering it gets a really good boost every year just for existing. 

I dream of some kinda of "Gagaween event" so bad. New music videos (dreaming too much), Halloween playlisting, some Halloween performances (like the Thanksgiving ones she did during the BTW era), idk.

A mini spooky dooky concert somewhere would be kinda iconic ngl. I don't really know what that would look like though unless she just posted it on her Youtube and she/her label funded it themselves?

Or it could be a Fornite event

Spoiler

:laughga:

Edited by 0606060
  • love 1

On 1/27/2023 at 12:32 PM, 0606060 said:

A mini spooky dooky concert somewhere would be kinda iconic ngl. I don't really know what that would look like though unless she just posted it on her Youtube and she/her label funded it themselves?

Or it could be a Fornite event

Hide contents

:laughga:

Something like Miley's NYE show, but spooky, would be soooo amazing :love:

• yaas, gaga 2

Popster for Sale 57,185
On 1/27/2023 at 4:35 PM, chartgaga said:

A reminder Taylor came back to streaming in august 2017

June 2017*

On 1/27/2023 at 4:36 PM, yomama said:

And released 10 albums and 300 songs since then. LMAO!

4822-F10-C-89-F9-4226-9751-7-A072-FDA860

Exactly and her last album to have a song above 900M streams is still 1989 so her staying on Spotify for those 2 years would've changed nothing :icant:

• thanks 1
  • lol 2