Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

A Popster Is Born 12,829
On 1/25/2023 at 1:42 PM, BloodyMary said:

we are so used to her singles freefall after first week BM’s longevity keep surprising people with a fear of freefall :santa:

nnn

But I think with these tiktok hits, they do fluctuate a lot its like they come back in fashion. I wont be surprised to see Judas/Applause suurge again at some point. It happens to gimme more and harley's. I think BM did it's thing, but to stay top 10 she will need something quick. I do think we could eventually see an EP with the speed up mix and maybe another remix too for BM.

I wonder if FAD-GUN goes back into cinemas for it's best picture serve?

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09

On 1/25/2023 at 9:14 AM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Did anyone else notice that Rihanna wasn’t credited for the lyrics of LMU?

even the academy was Iike ”yeah sure girl” :door:

The 'music to my eyes' shoutout as well :applause:

Spoiler

:enigma:

• lol 3

On 1/25/2023 at 4:14 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

As if the song has any interesting lyrics, anyone could come up with lift me up put me down whatever that was

And the same goes for hold my hand you will be ok hold me close 

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029

Year-End Projections (averg)

A Star is Born - 5.417 billion (2.05M avg)
The Fame - 3.201 billion (2.05M avg)
Born This Way - 2.696 billion (2.9M avg)*
Chromatica - 2.507 billion (800k avg)
The Fame Monster - 2.337 billion (1.12M avg)
Joanne - 1.827 billion (470k avg)*
ARTPOP - 1.197 billion (650k avg)*

* meaning it's too unstable to be sure how those albums will hold up til the end

• paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 3
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 17,958
On 1/25/2023 at 10:06 AM, JustJames said:

Why would anyone expect BM to rise/drop substantially overnight now? Aside from random +/- on US Spotify, it's been in the same 1.9-2.1M range for like 2 weeks now, no? That's incredible for any Gaga song, let alone one from 2011 that went viral ~3mo ago, lacks any official sped-up remix. visual streaming option, only just recently impacted US Radio, and max'd out its playlist reach based on where curators are willing to place old viral hits. 

This is pretty much the dream for an OG. A 6th BTW single played on z100 5x/day, while it climbs BB100, pulls 2M streams, exposes a new generation to her catalogue, and boosts BTW (A) to 4 (+) more weeks on BB200 is amazing. 

The only thing missing is a visual on YT.* Gaga was at her peak lyrical/visual artistry on BTW, IMO, but couldn't have predicted the impact of digestable, < 4 min MVs from 2013+, which hurts BTW/Y&I/MTN. The output of a BTW era MV made with 911 sensibilities would be great. But, it'd be delusional to expect given The Cure is a recent example of a single that could've been pushed harder with an MV but never received 1 due to timing conflicts.

*Since, 1) anyone who blames the lack of Playlisting on her team/label is delusional, 2) an EP with old + new commissioned remixes would slay, but there are like 10 Chromatica remixes that weren't ever released as part of single EPs (SL, ROM, 911) or as part of any version of the album (SL, ROM, 911, FW).

FnFvrSdWIAAWsHk?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

Jk:prideheart:

• lol 5

A Popster Is Born 13,416
On 1/25/2023 at 7:44 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Gaga and Bloodpop being the only people credited for both writing and producing :santa:

Wait, Diane Warren too :santa:

Edited by Adarsh

On 1/25/2023 at 2:06 PM, JustJames said:

Why would anyone expect BM to rise/drop substantially overnight now? Aside from random +/- on US Spotify, it's been in the same 1.9-2.1M range for like 2 weeks now, no?

There has been a pattern these past few weeks in which the song got a cute increase on Wednesdays and Fridays (this one was obvious). Last week for example, on Wednesday, the song got a +3 increase in positions and a +90K in streams from the Tuesday of that week. The rest of the days it either has very little gains or loses (except for Sunday).

Edited by Ms I am a local

Popster for Sale 41,917
On 1/25/2023 at 2:51 PM, Adarsh said:

Gaga and Bloodpop being the only people credited for both writing and producing :santa:

Wait, Diane Warren too :santa:

Technically, production (and arrangement) is (are) not awarded. Music is generally the tune/melody and lyrics the words.

• paws up 1