Charts Thread - Stream Bloody Mary and Applause (Make Em Touch Remix) 👏🙌

Stats4LG

Pop-a-911-ster 27,007
On 1/19/2023 at 12:01 PM, Leptine said:

The one truly deserving that year was this French Goddess.

elle-isabelle-huppert.jpg

Both deserved over Emma Stone :lesson:

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,565
On 1/19/2023 at 3:42 PM, LGMonster95 said:

Yeah that award that she won was very important and we should give more attention to it tbh It's a prestigious ACTING award with a history of almost 100 years and sometimes I feel like we are treating it like if its one of those random MTV awards :katy:

So true.

Not even DiCaprio has ever won it.

Literally only the most praised legends of the big screen-cinema has won that award if we look at the past winners (and this year Cate Blanchette):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Film_Critics_Circle_Award_for_Best_Actress

Cher or Barbra never won it.

• paws up 4
  • love 4

Pop-a-911-ster 27,007
On 1/19/2023 at 12:06 PM, Leptine said:

So true.

Not even DiCaprio has ever won it.

Literally only the most praised legends of the big screen-cinema has won that award if we look at the past winners (and this year Cate Blanchette):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Film_Critics_Circle_Award_for_Best_Actress

Cher or Barbra never won it.

Argentine Best Actress EVER, Norma Aleandro, has won it :giveup:

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 4,565
On 1/19/2023 at 4:08 PM, emig_09 said:

Argentine Best Actress EVER, Norma Aleandro, has won it :giveup:

Yeah, also the best legendary ones from my country, Anna Magnani and Sophia Loren, both also won the Oscar for the same roles.

• paws up 4
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 13,373
On 1/19/2023 at 8:42 PM, Leptine said:

Yeah, also the best legendary ones from my country, Anna Magnani and Sophia Loren, both also won the Oscar for the same roles.

I was watching “It started in Naples” today and it made me want to move to Italy permanently :giveup:

Edited by Adarsh
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 4,565
On 1/19/2023 at 4:05 PM, emig_09 said:

Both deserved over Emma Stone :lesson:

I like Emma Stone in general, she's doing excellent choices with her movie career (always wished Lindsay Lohan would have done that path) but remains imo one of the weakest best actress winner, along with Jennifer Lawrence, I appreciate them in other movies.

• paws up 2

On 1/19/2023 at 2:16 PM, Leptine said:

Chastain performance was borderline between an over the top Razzie performance a la 'Mommie Dearest' and a SNL sketch 

She was the most underestimated in that race for some reason when she had that SAG on lock

it was hammy, she looked unrecognizable + kept talking about how she hurt her skin (they love that sh*t)

Pop-a-911-ster 27,007
On 1/19/2023 at 12:17 PM, Leptine said:

I like Emma Stone in general, she's doing excellent choices with her movie career (always wished Lindsay Lohan would have done that path) but remains imo one of the weakest best actress winner, along with Jennifer Lawrence, I appreciate them in other movies.

J Law winning for that table scene... :katy:

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,565
On 1/19/2023 at 4:15 PM, Adarsh said:

I was watching “It started in Naples” today and it made me want to move to Italy permanently :giveup:

Props to you for watching to those old italian classics :applause:

Italy is always an amazing location to film a movie or a show, one of the thing they didn't take advange properly with HOG, see for example how they used the gorgeous Sicilian location in 'The White Lotus' recently.

(Althought living in here can be messy, but that is another story).

• love 1

Popster for Sale 57,170

spacer.png

France is a bigger music market than China, so interesting :ohhh:

Swifties use Chinas as a drag as if it was as big as the USA :billie:

Gaga being bigger than Taylor 6 of the top 10 markets (Japan, UK, Germany, France, South Korea, Italy). Global thingiez :romance:

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 4
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 4,565
On 1/19/2023 at 4:17 PM, nodandsmile2.0 said:

She was the most underestimated in that race for some reason when she had that SAG on lock

it was hammy, she looked unrecognizable + kept talking about how she hurt her skin (they love that sh*t)

Probably because the movie didn't feel prestigious enough for the Oscars and at the same time it didn't have a big office narrative (like when Sandra Bullock won) and the character she was portraying wasn't very famous outside the US.

Popster to Popster 4,565
On 1/19/2023 at 4:29 PM, Fame Romance said:

spacer.png

France is a bigger music market than China, so interesting :ohhh:

Swifties use Chinas as a drag as if it was as big as the USA :billie:

Gaga being bigger than Taylor 6 of the top 10 markets (Japan, UK, Germany, France, South Korea, Italy). Global thingiez :romance:

Can't believe we're still 10th when basically all the music stores are disappearing in here :katy:

Popster to Popster 4,420
On 1/19/2023 at 10:17 AM, Leptine said:

hard disagree, La La Land is one of the best contemporary films. And she's amazing in it. The audition scene alone is Oscar worthy. 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,565
On 1/19/2023 at 2:56 PM, Aloe said:

Gaga will most definitely not be nominated for Joker 2 but at least she’s in a super hero movie so that’s a win already  

I think, or at least that will be my approach, it's the best not having expectations and aiming for the movie to be good-well received with a good box office result in first, then we'll see, what happens happens.

There's definitely an interesting stat to break, no actress has never been nominated over a comic book character in Oscar history, it would be the first time for a woman.

• paws up 4
  • thanks 1