Charts Thread - Stream Bloody Mary and Applause (Make Em Touch Remix) 👏🙌

Stats4LG

A Popster Is Born 16,845
On 1/16/2023 at 7:44 PM, protonalex0203 said:

Flowers did more streams than Anti-Hero on Day 3. Talent won.

FLOWERS bigger than Anti-Hero, Why?

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,640
On 1/16/2023 at 12:46 PM, BenG said:

I don't get it. Flowers sounds just okay?

Then again many smash hits are just mediocre songs :billie:

Yeah I'm honestly surprised as well at this smashing like this immediately considering how her music performed with the last releases, 'Midnight Sky' was so much superior.

She couldn't even make a hit of the Dua Lipa collab just 2 years ago.

Even on Youtube 'Flowers' is already at 31 Million views :receipts:

A Popster Is Born 11,580
On 1/16/2023 at 12:40 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Sis do you rememeber the McLove Flurry going viral on polish twitter and SL increase  in poland Spotify the next day :laughga:

I want gaga to have an as it was moment with dark sexga song that's not from 2008-11 :enigma:

I remeber. And just like Mc Flurry, PolePee flushed her down the toilet the following day. Not like anybody could blame them :katy:

ARTPOPster 1,577
On 1/16/2023 at 5:15 AM, chartgaga said:

If BM can break her curse and bring her back to top 5-10 of Pop Radio, let it be it

Imagine if Interscope is pushing for it to be Top 10 on both formats to get her back in the good graces of radio to set her up for success in the future. Bloody Mary going top 10 on pop and Hot AC would be a moment methinks. :flutter:
Growth and stability/longevity > high peak and fall off

A Popster Is Born 12,829
On 1/16/2023 at 11:48 AM, Replay said:

Midnight Sky also had radio deal, iz was top10 on tth but not from the start, it climbed there from 13 or sumtn. Miley is in much better state now and hype is bigger than it was after younger now / she is coming mess so position is higher too. RCA was a mess with album release tho

Her rebrand in combination with celebrity relationship narrative ans song being good is what made this so successful 

Also pirsoner on dua and mileys album actually helped her and that was her last label, it was cause of her content coming out with it put her in a vulnerable spot, PH changed everything but was coming off flop after flop.

I do think stans think labels can work a miracle, but it's more like the content itself, and what's going on at the time. Both miley and gaga 2020 eras had more potential cause they were ahead of what's going on now, but they laid foundation for things like renaissance etc
0aee983f358e76198afbca1f224d8441.gif

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09

Pop-a-911-ster 31,858

I won’t be too excited about US radios for BM :disappointed:

We were so disappointed the last decade for every Gaga song on the radio in the US since 2011 

even Shallow and ROM struggled a lot 

:disappointed:

• paws up 7
  • thanks 2

Popster to Popster 4,640
On 1/16/2023 at 1:09 PM, protonalex0203 said:

I think a lot of people just forget that Miley is one of the top Billboard 200 artists of all time (above Britney and Beyonce). Like, she could definitely smash if she tried. "She Is Coming" was amazing, but she wasn't going to smash with songs like "Drugs Rule Everything Me." "Plastic Hearts" is great, but it has very little commercial appeal. PH's numbers are great for a glam rock album. 

Again, I don't think it would be easy for any pop girls to smash these days.  

The thing weird to me it's the fact that this is pulling big numbers immediately, even on Youtube, a dead platform these days, when she couldn't manage to do that for years, meaning having people or a fanbase to check and give you a strong push at the beginning at least, if this would have grown organically would have been different.

On 1/16/2023 at 2:03 AM, nodandsmile2.0 said:

every single person that responded to you has proved you wrong and used past races as examples to back up what they said (so clearly they know what they are talking about) and you just keep repeating the same thing over and over again lol

The thing is, unless you bring me concrete proof or an official rule, it's just stuff created in your minds.