Charts Thread - Stream Bloody Mary and Applause (Make Em Touch Remix) 👏🙌

Stats4LG

Popster to Popster 3,183
On 1/11/2023 at 8:14 AM, Stargazer said:

~5,5K daily

Expected to hit 100,000,000 on: 2030/05/15 :rip: 

Thanks, but no thanks. :laughga:

Spoiler

Stans should try and make it a summer virally viral hitty hit on TikTok. It already kinda sounds like a sped up version. :icant:

Popster for Sale 44,832
On 1/11/2023 at 1:16 PM, Imtired1616 said:

Katys whole 'single'/droplet era has to be one of the most desperate, wierd, mindless stretches ever for a main pop girl.  NRO, Small Talk, HIH, 365, Smile, Daisies, NWW. It's crazy how they tried everything, but believed in nothing. If they had just picked a struggle and stuck with it, you think they could have at least saved themselves the career damage. I'm glad they at least got HIH some success after the fact, but it's so embarrassing.  

Honestly I feel like she should've released an album on the heels of NRO/ST/HiH. They really were trying everything thinking eventually something would smash but in hindsight NRO would've been a much more solid lead single (which is why they end up keeping those tracks despite the campaign being completely unrelated to them). When I'm Gone was very much still in that vein as well with the black hair back. 

• paws up 1

The Applause playlist reach increase is such a mystery. I can't find any new playlists it's been added to.

Best I could find was that it increased its position on its biggest playlist (Pop Mix, 3.16M followers) today from #31 to #27. :awkney:

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,430

It’s always the sped up versions going viral. And in 2020-2021 it was the slowed ones. At this point Spotify should put an option like Custom Speed where you can listen to a song from 0.5x, 1x, 1.5x etc, just like YouTube :lesson:

And with this option, no need to release sped up or slowed versions, and streams will not be split :excuseme:

Edited by Stargazer
  • paws up 4
  • shook 2
  • thanks 3
  • lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
On 1/11/2023 at 1:44 PM, ARTPOP said:

Can someone tell me what "#53 on UK, #65 in Australia, #69 in Canada and #75 in Germany on their respective YEC charts say that" means :icant:

It's the positions an ava max single achieved on various YEC charts but idk which one

• paws up 1

On 1/11/2023 at 9:23 AM, thehanyo said:

The Applause playlist reach increase is such a mystery. I can't find any new playlists it's been added to.

Best I could find was that it increased its position on its biggest playlist (Pop Mix, 3.16M followers) today from #31 to #27. :awkney:

Perhaps it's smaller personal playlists with some followers? Organic playlisting? :ohhh:

A Popster Is Born 12,829
On 1/11/2023 at 1:00 PM, Thrasher said:

Dance-pop also tends to be welcomed better on playlists than ballads (as we saw with HMH or even ARUTW and MR), but whether it clicks with listeners long-term is another matter. 

WIG and BMS

Reveal hidden contents

and ROM

come to mind :billie:

Spoiler

WIG only did 25m streams from Spotify charts, and is going for 200m total. It’s very stable above 300k - it was the right thing at the right time for Katy for what’s trendy rn, and it’s so inoffensive I think spyify AutoPlay it a lot. not bad move by Capitol to keep kwtys streams

HMH really clashed at first on Spotify and I remember it didn’t help her catalogue streams. It was definitely a hit with an older skewed audience mimd ( YT/digital sales)

Eventually now its settling, 450k on such a low playlist reach shows a bit of organic stability. needs the Oscar though to maximise its base streams 

wrestling trish stratus vs lita GIF by WWE

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 2
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,183
On 1/11/2023 at 8:22 AM, BloodyOreo said:

Honestly I feel like she should've released an album on the heels of NRO/ST/HiH. They really were trying everything thinking eventually something would smash but in hindsight NRO would've been a much more solid lead single (which is why they end up keeping those tracks despite the campaign being completely unrelated to them). When I'm Gone was very much still in that vein as well with the black hair back. 

I would love to know who's fault it was. Katys? Her manager? The record company? CEOs? So much doubt behind the scenes. 

That's why, we can trash Gaga's team and record company all we want, but I don't ever get the impression that everyone involved doesn't have Gaga's back 100%, they all believe in her, and they all want her to succeed....

On 1/11/2023 at 8:25 AM, Stargazer said:

It’s always the sped up versions going viral. And in 2020-2021 it was the slowed ones. At this point Spotify should put an option like Custom Speed where you can listen to a song from 0.5x, 1x, 1.5x etc, just like YouTube :lesson:

And with this option, no need to release sped up or slowed versions, and streams will not be split :excuseme:

wait, that's brilliant :excuseme:

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,832
On 1/11/2023 at 1:30 PM, Imtired1616 said:

I would love to know who's fault it was. Katys? Her manager? The record company? CEOs? So much doubt behind the scenes. 

That's why, we can trash Gaga's team and record company all we want, but I don't ever get the impression that everyone involved doesn't have Gaga's back 100%, they all believe in her, and they all want her to succeed....

Don't think they didn't want Katy to succeed... just had no way of making that happen :icant:

I remember the story going around of focus groups trying to figure out what happened :rip:

• lol 5

On 1/11/2023 at 8:28 AM, Dean ARTchester said:

Perhaps it's smaller personal playlists with some followers? Organic playlisting? :ohhh:

Songstats is saying it hasn't been added to ANY playlists today, which is odd. Like you say, it usually has at least a handful of small personal playlists added every day. I'm gonna email Songstats... :icant:

Spoiler

Screenshot-2023-01-11-at-8-36-58-AM.png

Edited by thehanyo

Popster to Popster 3,183
On 1/11/2023 at 8:32 AM, BloodyOreo said:

Don't think they didn't want Katy to succeed... just had no way of making that happen :icant:

I remember the story going around of focus groups trying to figure out what happened :rip:

I forgot about the focus group rumor. :laughga: I guess we're all still trying to find out then. 

Spoiler

Imagine if those focus group stats ever leaked. The ki :icant:

On 1/11/2023 at 4:35 PM, Bojana said:

POP
36 30 LADY GAGA Bloody Mary 1654 1157 497 5.707

+99 Spins
+67 Bullet
+0.301 Audience

HOT AC
73 48 LADY GAGA Bloody Mary 67 22 45 0.197

+11 Spins
+11 Bullet
+0.027 Audience

a radio hit :oscar:

• paws up 3
  • hugs 1
  • love 1

Navy’s still clinging hope to LMU Oscar chances by thinking a CC’s win out of all awards body would benefit the song more than GG’s, little do they know, that awards show is literally the definition of hopedictor, handing the win to whatever’s #1 on GD and/or won the GG’s :billie: