It's not real, but I'll try to grab it
Keep myself in beautiful places
Paradise is in my hands
spacer.png

• yaas, gaga 1
  • love 2

A Popster Is Born 16,279
On 1/22/2023 at 12:36 PM, Hurem said:

Die For You wasn’t added to TTH either and it’s quite literally a top 10 hit.

So The Weeknd also has horrible team made of friends!! :bebe:

• lol 7

A Popster Is Born 16,279
On 1/22/2023 at 1:20 PM, Dean ARTchester said:

Agreed but I thought the soundtrack for Avatar 2 was there for its debut?

which just proves the point that tth isn't determined by what labels/team want

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 1/22/2023 at 1:20 PM, Dean ARTchester said:

Agreed but I thought the soundtrack for Avatar 2 was there for its debut?

I don't remember if that one was put there, I just know it bombed hard, nobody even talked it about, if it was Gaga we would had daily updated on ATRL :dead:

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 16,279
On 1/22/2023 at 1:24 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Clearly curators are selective about putting old songs on TTH.

Yeah agree. Kinda find it odd they have that mindset but its clearly there. Like if it was one day boost sure but like if song has been consistent it's really weird they are holding it out just because it's older song

On 1/22/2023 at 6:25 AM, Leptine said:

I don't remember if that one was put there, I just know it bombed hard, nobody even talked it about, if it was Gaga we would had daily updated on ATRL :dead:

Leona Lewis’ song for the original Avatar also bombed. Gaga better start away from Avatar 3’s soundtrack. 

On 1/9/2023 at 7:09 AM, BloodyMary said:

looks like the weekend’s soundtrack song about to drop off the TTH after 2 weeks lol

It was there right away? @Replay 

Lift Me Up and the Weekend's soundtracks debuted on TTH regardless of performance. HMH wasn't was the comparison I was tryng to make, not with BM.

Popster to Popster 4,585

With TikTok trends becoming always more bigger and popular making old songs punctually going viral I think that if they start to put those songs there on TTH the playlist basically would lose its sense of giving a spotlight to new|recent releases, that is why they don't put the old songs there, RUTH was obviously an exception because it became huge in an exceptional way.

Edited by Leptine

A Popster Is Born 16,279
On 1/22/2023 at 1:29 PM, Dean ARTchester said:

It was there right away? @Replay 

Lift Me Up and the Weekend's soundtracks debuted on TTH regardless of performance. HMH wasn't was the comparison I was tryng to make, not with BM.

I'm not sure but I think it did.

I know but like I'm saying that point just tells u that's it's not about team but what curators decide which depends on the song, hype and so on. Like if u think Avatar song got there because of his team, wouldn't they also manage to playlist DFY?  

Not the damn stale argument about playlist and TTH, it's getting annoying y'all.

Eminem & The Weeknd, bigger artists than Gaga on Spotify (better relationship with curators too) don't have TTH with bigger hits, Kate Bush had to wait an entire month when her song was at #1 on Spotify WW. Bloody Mary will NEVER get added on TTH unless something extraordinary happens. PERIOD. The song is doing good on its own and we will be happy about it.

ajayii-ribbon.gif

• paws up 3
  • thanks 5

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 1/22/2023 at 1:29 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Leona Lewis’ song for the original Avatar also bombed. Gaga better start away from Avatar 3’s soundtrack. 

Yeah although I wouldn't blame 'Avatar' specifically, it's obvious that ballads used for ends credits movies just don't have chances of becoming hits in this music landscape no matter the artist or movie, it was more a 90s thing.