Charts Thread - Stream Bloody Mary and Applause (Make Em Touch Remix) 👏🙌

Stats4LG

On 1/19/2023 at 3:34 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Ana is getting those nominations despite film being a total mess.

plus its pablo larrain not a rando like blonde director 

yeah, but I dont think she'll get an oscar nod, while many people were saying shes a guarantee, same with margots babylon 

im just saying, maybe it better to stay humble :oscar:

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 13,389

Pablo Larrain is one of the most overrated directors in recent history and his movies make next to nothing on the box office. It’s just the gays and film twitter hyping him up lmao 

• lol 2

Popster to Popster 3,082
On 1/19/2023 at 9:33 AM, Leptine said:

A song snub for me wouldn't be a big deal, especially now that Gaga has already that trophy.

Acting is more difficult to get as you all know, especially for a popstar, Gaga remains the only one who managed to get an acting lead nomination after Cher.

Also acting in a movie takes a lot more time and comittment than making a song, especially if you are not a full time actor what was sad to me during the HOG snub was the thought of when Gaga next movie would have been happened (and thank God JFAD was announced months later), and still we have to wait basically 3 years from HOG.

Whereas you can try with song more easily every year (see Diane Warren).

Not true. Barbra Streisand and Liza Minelli both WON lead actress too...

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 1/19/2023 at 3:26 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Pablo larrain’s next film is with Angelina Jolie which will be released in 2024 so one of the best actress slot is already reserved for her @ oscar 2025

and on a personal note, i want to see gaga in a pablo larrain film in future i’m a fan of his films esp female biopics like jackie and spencer

That Maria Callas biopic would have been a perfect-dream role and project for Gaga, Angelina Jolie doesn't fit that role physically. She and Gaga also share similar origins, both born in NY from South European families.

maria-callas-95221.jpg

Maria_Callas.jpg

• love 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 1/19/2023 at 4:22 PM, Leptine said:

Also it would have been a bad look for her if she wouldn't have attended, at the end it wasn't their fault if she didn't happen the Oscar, it was the right thing to do attending those ceremonies and showing gratitude to the two most important industry awards after the Oscars.

SAG and BAFTA, remain 2 prestigious recognition.

And I'm glad also she attended the NYFCC, that is another very prestigious award, the most important critic circle and the most important acting award she has won so far.

Yeah that award that she won was very important and we should give more attention to it tbh It's a prestigious ACTING award with a history of almost 100 years and sometimes I feel like we are treating it like if its one of those random MTV awards :katy:

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,901
On 1/19/2023 at 8:08 PM, Adarsh said:

Pablo Larrain is one of the most overrated directors in recent history and his movies make next to nothing on the box office. It’s just the gays and film twitter hyping him up lmao 

as they should & he did not do it for the fame, he did it for IMPACT Lets Go Abc GIF by The Bachelorette

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 1/19/2023 at 3:39 PM, Imtired1616 said:

Not true. Barbra Streisand and Liza Minelli both WON lead actress too...

Liza Minelli wasn't a popstar turned actress, her career started as Broadway actress. Her acting career is bigger than music one.

Same Babra Streisand to an extent, her music career started along her Broadway one, she won an Oscar for a role she was already Tony nominated.

Only Cher truly transitioned from being a traditional popstar to Oscar winning actress.

• paws up 8

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 1/19/2023 at 3:38 PM, Adarsh said:

That is kind of true, 'Spencer' was borderline ridicolous imo.

However I would have still liked Gaga in the Callas biopic :katy:

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,082
On 1/19/2023 at 9:44 AM, Leptine said:

Liza Minelli wasn't a popstar turned actress, her career started as Broadway actress. Her acting career is bigger than music one.

Same Babra Streisand to an extent, her music career started along her Broadway one, she won an Oscar for a role she was already Tony nominated.

Only Cher truly transitioned from being a traditional popstar to Oscar winning actress.

Broadway was pop music in the early 60s. I dunno what to tell you. :oops:

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 1/19/2023 at 3:45 PM, Imtired1616 said:

They can be considered popstars singers of course, but their acting career started first or along the music one.

It's like Julie Andrews (Mary Poppins), those are theatre actresses that study sing and acting for musicals.

J.Lo did the opposite for example, she started with movies, then music.

• paws up 2

I figured Gaga would be in for sure… Kristen is a fav but is hardly ever in the conversation and she has so many haters, despite delivering amazing performances. So I was super sad about Gaga not being nominated but so proud of Kstew for getting her first nom she deserved to win. 

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 1/19/2023 at 3:48 PM, Imtired1616 said:

Broadway was pop music in the early 60s. I dunno what to tell you. :oops:

The point is that is more impressive when somebody like Cher or Gaga that started their career as singers-vocalist (in Cher case she was also a tv presenter showgirl) and become established in that field for years, then manage to transitioning into acting, that is basically the point.

• paws up 5

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 1/19/2023 at 3:33 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Natalie portman deserved that Oscar over Emma stone Happy Mia Goth GIF by VVS FILMS

The one truly deserving that year was this French Goddess.

elle-isabelle-huppert.jpg

• paws up 2
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 13,389
On 1/19/2023 at 8:17 PM, Leptine said:

That is kind of true, 'Spencer' was borderline ridicolous imo.

However I would have still liked Gaga in the Callas biopic :katy:

Judging from his previous work, it would also be a hallucinatory “art film” with half fact and fact fiction. I want Gaga to play Callas too but in a big budget movie. It’s kind of the perfect role for her.

• yaas, gaga 2

A Popster Is Born 13,389
On 1/19/2023 at 8:13 PM, Ayobabylon said:

as they should & he did not do it for the fame, he did it for IMPACT Lets Go Abc GIF by The Bachelorette

What impact? No one in the real world even knows those movies exist.

• lol 1