Charts Thread - Stream Bloody Mary and Applause (Make Em Touch Remix) ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™Œ

Stats4LG

Kindness Admin 7,528
On 1/19/2023 at 8:56 AM, Aloe said:

Gaga will most definitely not be nominated for Joker 2 but at least sheโ€™s in a super hero movie so thatโ€™s a win already ย 

Gonna bookmark that one. We won't know until it comes out, but honestly, if we were tracking this early (and some do) she'd be at the top. They won on the first film, the entire team wants to win again for this one. Keep it positive cause the signs are bright.

On 1/19/2023 at 9:10 AM, Imtired1616 said:

Chastain deserved. Her performance was great. Plus, she's annoying and Tammy Faye was annoying, so it was perfect.ย :icant:

Absolutely. Flawless, mesmerizing performance. The movie itself was fine, honestly, it was better than HOG, lol.

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 11,829
On 1/19/2023 at 10:45 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

its weird i kinda feel like no one was as secure even with everything there, the compeitition was extremely tough with Cruz in the mix some predictors would refuse to take her out.

At least if the same happens next week we're prepared? :enigma:

No we are notย :enigma:

The Song category is super weak, there is no way it can miss...

• lol 1

Kindness Admin 7,528
On 1/19/2023 at 9:16 AM, Leptine said:

I honestly preferred Penelope Cruz between the rest of contenders, more classy and nuanced performance, she also had the better-interesting movie in my opinion.

Chastain performance was borderline between an over the top Razzie performance a la 'Mommie Dearest' and a SNL sketchย  :billie:

Penelope was amazing for sure. Chastain does sorta come off that way, except that's exactly how Tammy was in real life. After the movie I was sorta shook and watched so many videos and read a bunch of articles and was in awe of how much Chastain nailed her quirkiness, camp and sincerity.

• paws up 2

ARTPOPster 1,827
On 1/19/2023 at 10:03 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Why do you say that? The first film got 11 Oscar nominations and won 2 including best actor for Phoenixโ€ฆ.and Angela Bassett is on her way to an Oscar nomination for the BP sequel so clearly they will nominate her for Harley if the role is phenomenal

Just my feelings. I think itโ€™s getting easier for super hero roles to be nominated recently but it has got to be acted extremely well (Joaquin) or have the actorโ€™s legacy thing going for it (Angela). Iโ€™m not sure if lightning can strike twice for the Joker series as well but itโ€™s all too early to tell eitherย 

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,611
On 1/19/2023 at 3:13 PM, LGMonster95 said:

It just proved that she wasn't that "desperate" for the Oscar like how some certain individuals said on that time.

Also it would have been a bad look for her if she wouldn't have attended, at the end it wasn't their fault if she didn't happen the Oscar, it was the right thing to do attending those ceremonies and showing gratitude to the two most important industry awards after the Oscars.

SAG and BAFTA, remain 2 prestigious recognition.

And I'm glad also she attended the NYFCC, that is another very prestigious award, the most important critic circle and the most important acting award she has won so far.

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 1/19/2023 at 7:50 PM, Aloe said:

Just my feelings. I think itโ€™s getting easier for super hero roles to be nominated recently but it has got to be acted extremely well (Joaquin) or have the actorโ€™s legacy thing going for it (Angela). Iโ€™m not sure if lightning can strike twice for the Joker series as well but itโ€™s all too early to tell eitherย 

Joker is not a superhero movie thoughย :whatga:

Kindness Admin 7,528
On 1/19/2023 at 9:20 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Kristen Stewart deserved that Oscar over jessica chastain and Spencer was such a class cinemaย 

I'm very glad Kristen got a mom, she deserved. I did find that movie to be a supreme snore fest tho. And super slow dramas are my fave movies. That's not Kristen's fault, but it really put me to sleep.

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 39,257

Chastain deserved her nomination and the win honestly, Kidman had no right being there, her Lucy was GOD AWFUL. Canโ€™t believe that performance got nominated over Gagaโ€ฆ.truly the pitsย :darkmode:ย not to mention BTR was awful.

I also canโ€™t believe Bardem and JK Simmons got nominations for thatโ€ฆ.what awful casting.

Kindness Admin 7,528
On 1/19/2023 at 9:21 AM, Stats4LG said:

Chastain's performance was great, and the movie started out as decent but the second half was definitely full of filler and could've been cut downย 

I at first read this as HOG and thought you told no lies, lol.

ARTPOPster 1,827
On 1/19/2023 at 10:09 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Its not a superhero film and makers are planning it in a way which will appeal to award season like musical aspect & release date

Yeah I get what you mean, I hope the film can really mix the genres well which may bode well for its award chancesย 

• love 1

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 1/19/2023 at 7:52 PM, admin said:

I'm very glad Kristen got a mom, she deserved. I did find that movie to be a supreme snore fest tho. And super slow dramas are my fave movies. That's not Kristen's fault, but it really put me to sleep.

Pablo larrainโ€™s next film is with Angelina Jolie which will be released in 2024 so one of the best actress slot is already reserved for her @ oscar 2025

and on a personal note, i want to see gaga in a pablo larrain film in future iโ€™m a fan of his films esp female biopics like jackie and spencerย 

ย 

• paws up 2
  • love 1

On 1/19/2023 at 3:26 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Pablo larrainโ€™s next film is with Angelina Jolie which will be released in 2024 so one of the best actress slot is already reserved for her @ oscar 2025

and on a personal note, i want to see gaga in a pablo larrain film in future iโ€™m a fan of his films esp female biopics like jackie and spencerย 

ย 

people were saying this for ana de armas blondeย :katy:

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,611

A song snub for me wouldn't be a big deal, especially now that Gaga has already that trophy.

Acting is more difficult to get as you all know, especially for a popstar, Gaga remains the only one who managed to get an acting lead nomination after Cher.

Also acting in a movie takes a lot more time and comittment than making a song, especially if you are not a full time actor what was sad to me during the HOG snub was the thought of when Gaga next movie would have been happened (and thank God JFAD was announced months later), and still we have to wait basically 3 years from HOG.

Whereas you can try with song more easily every year (see Diane Warren).

• paws up 7

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 1/19/2023 at 8:02 PM, Bojana said:

people were saying this for ana de armas blondeย :katy:

Ana is getting those nominations despite film being a total mess.

plus its pablo larrain not a rando like blonde directorย 

ย