Charts Thread - Stream Bloody Mary and Applause (Make Em Touch Remix) 👏🙌

Stats4LG

On 1/19/2023 at 8:56 AM, Aloe said:

Gaga will most definitely not be nominated for Joker 2 but at least she’s in a super hero movie so that’s a win already  

The way I was so afraid she'd be convinced to jump onto the sinking ship that is Marvel :katy: Thankfully she picked the correct franchise and 'spin off' (if you want to call it that)

Am I the only one who genuinely doesn’t care about awards? I mean, I didn’t even watch the Oscars and just scrolled by when I found out she didn’t win :icant: maybe I’m a bad fan 

Edited by Shor
  • shook 1

Popster for Sale 44,329
On 1/19/2023 at 1:59 PM, 0606060 said:

The way I was so afraid she'd be convinced to jump onto the sinking ship that is Marvel :katy: Thankfully she picked the correct franchise and 'spin off' (if you want to call it that)

She's very smart in picking roles. I think she really wants the Oscar tbh. 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,411
On 1/19/2023 at 2:57 PM, BloodyOreo said:

The fact that she ended up being one of the most talked about moments of Oscars night, in contrast to the mess that happened. :talent:

Her Oscar snub made more noise than who actually ended up winning at the end.

Everybody will remember her campaign, the movie (box office hit) and her attending the precursors + her moment with Liza at the ceremony.

No shade, but Chastain won for a movie nobody cared that coudn't even make 3M$ at the box office and more panned than HOG, her win didn't even make noise because the whole Will Smith controversy was more talked about than the other winners.

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 38,946

Gaga will most definitely not be nominated for Joker 2 but at least she’s in a super hero movie so that’s a win already  

Why do you say that? The first film got 11 Oscar nominations and won 2 including best actor for Phoenix….and Angela Bassett is on her way to an Oscar nomination for the BP sequel so clearly they will nominate her for Harley if the role is phenomenal

• paws up 6

Popster to Popster 2,995

This 100%. It's going to do wonders for her box office total though, so its a win whatever happens. :romance:

Pop-a-911-ster 38,946

Not y’all already counting her out “100%” because she’s starring in a sequel to an 11x Oscar nominated film that won an acting award :door: tragic 

edit: y’all have NO FAITH 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 2
  • lol 1

Popster for Sale 44,329
On 1/19/2023 at 2:03 PM, Leptine said:

Everybody will remember her campaign, the movie (box office hit) and her attending the precursors + her moment with Liza at the ceremony.

No shade, but Chastain won for a movie nobody cared that coudn't even make 3M$ at the box office and more panned than HOG, her win didn't even make noise because the whole Will Smith controversy was more talked about than the other winners.

Yes I'm a firm believer being shockingly snubbed will work to her advantage in her future, maybe even J:FAD, if she eats up the role, and the movie is good. :talent:

• paws up 5

On 1/19/2023 at 9:02 AM, BloodyOreo said:

She's very smart in picking roles. I think she really wants the Oscar tbh. 

I agrih. I like that she decided to jump onto a sequel, it can be pretty risky but the payoff if she pulls it off will be amazing

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,523
On 1/19/2023 at 7:26 PM, Aloe said:

Its not a superhero film and makers are planning it in a way which will appeal to award season like musical aspect & release date

• thanks 1

no one really knows how a film will fare awards season until it plays out; i mean this year you got The Son, Empire of Light, Women Talking, Bardo all in talks of being top tier BP & acting contenders, only for each one to fall complete flat after Venice & TIFF

• paws up 1
  • thanks 6

Popster to Popster 4,411
On 1/19/2023 at 2:58 PM, little legend said:

It was a sad moment but at least she had already won an Oscar before, so I handled better that moment. The real depression for me was when she lost the Oscar to the first gay man ever. I was feeling so sad the next day cause I know that we have to wait for many more years for her finally become an Oscar winner. Thanks god we didn't have to wait that long:oscar:

That time for me wasn't traumatic at all, sure I was hoping her to win but it wasn't a big deal since I wasn't a big fan of the song and I would have liked Gaga to win for something that would have had a big impact like it lately happen with 'Shallow', not to mention it was a blatant way for Dianne to using Gaga for that, see also the lyrics thing.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 2,995
On 1/19/2023 at 9:03 AM, Leptine said:

Chastain deserved. Her performance was great. Plus, she's annoying and Tammy Faye was annoying, so it was perfect. :icant:

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 1/19/2023 at 3:54 PM, Leptine said:

Her attending the rest of awards season was definitely a gesture of class and maturity, other people would have probably avoided.

It just proved that she wasn't that "desperate" for the Oscar like how some certain individuals said on that time.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1
  • lol 1

Popster to Popster 2,995
On 1/19/2023 at 9:13 AM, 0606060 said:

Ugh, just the thought of seeing the sold out theaters on the AMC/Fandango app when buying tix the first weekend :flutter:

Imagine sold out IMAX shows. Ugh. Makes my bits tingle. :enigma:

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 1/19/2023 at 3:56 PM, Aloe said:

For me it doesn't even matter that much if she gets nominated or not (sure it will be amazing) what truly matters is her to have another acclaimed performance cause that will be extremely beneficial for her.

• paws up 3
  • love 3

Popster to Popster 4,411
On 1/19/2023 at 3:10 PM, Imtired1616 said:

Chastain deserved. Her performance was great. Plus, she's annoying and Tammy Faye was annoying, so it was perfect. :icant:

I honestly preferred Penelope Cruz between the rest of contenders, more classy and nuanced performance, she also had the better-interesting movie in my opinion.

Chastain performance was borderline between an over the top Razzie performance a la 'Mommie Dearest' and a SNL sketch  :billie: