Charts Thread - Stream Bloody Mary and Applause (Make Em Touch Remix) 👏🙌

Stats4LG

A Popster Is Born 13,405
On 1/19/2023 at 6:55 PM, Lazz Monster said:

I screamed so loud that my father came running to my bedroom screaming "what's wrong? Are you hurt?"

I felt everything around me go silent for a minute and I immediately logged out of all my social media and threw my phone away :door:

• hugs 8
  • lol 5

Popster to Popster 3,183
On 1/19/2023 at 8:18 AM, Doncho said:

Am I the only one who got over the Oscar "snub" in like a day? Yes Gaga made the precursos, but the competition was high and she lost all her nominations (not to mention the movie had mixed reception). She wasnt a lock (at least to me)

Yes. You're the only one. :excuseme:

• paws up 1
  • lol 2

A Popster Is Born 11,859
On 1/19/2023 at 10:25 AM, xo_hours said:

the Academy has a habit of pulling wild cards every few years, snubbing at least one who hit all the pre-cursors:

-Tilda Swinton (2011)
-Marion Cotillard (2012)
-Tom Hanks, Emma Thompson and Daniel Bruhl (2013)
-Jake Gyllenhaal (2014)
-Amy Adams (2016)
-Timothée Chalamet (2018)
-Lady Gaga and Catriona Balfe (2021)

Let me add one more:

Spoiler

- Rihanna, Lift Me Up (2023)

:enigma:

• lol 4

Popster to Popster 3,183
On 1/19/2023 at 8:20 AM, zoldyck said:

We shouldn't take stanning that seriously, but I was really depressed the night Gaga missed the nomination for Oscars. I  cancelled all my plans and spent whole day lying down on bed :dead:

Sam Smith, first gay to win, tease for me. Especially after that TIHTY performance. :cry:

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,634
On 1/19/2023 at 2:25 PM, xo_hours said:

the Academy has a habit of pulling wild cards every few years, snubbing at least one who hit all the pre-cursors:

-Tilda Swinton (2011)
-Marion Cotillard (2012)
-Tom Hanks, Emma Thompson and Daniel Bruhl (2013)
-Jake Gyllenhaal (2014)
-Amy Adams (2016)
-Timothée Chalamet (2018)
-Lady Gaga and Catriona Balfe (2021)

Ruth Negga also last year along with Gaga and Balfe.

Popster for Sale 44,832
On 1/19/2023 at 1:22 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

I was too :gaga-scream: I remember being so so so sad and mad, I wanted that nomination so bad for her after the sh!t everyone had said about her throughout the season. The snub almost felt like it gave credence to those nasty people who sh!t on her all award season….

Chile I remember I was in the library so had to pack my things up to meltdown in private :icant:

When I saw a f-word celebrating her snub on twitter 

This Is So Humiliating GIF - This Is So Humiliating ...

• hugs 1
  • lol 16

Popster for Sale 44,832
On 1/19/2023 at 1:12 PM, Artur said:

I think it's possible, considering that the song will stay getting around 2M updates for a while.

Z1VWCJ1.gif

I don't think if it'll stay above 2M+ that long tbh

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 1/19/2023 at 3:18 PM, Doncho said:

Am I the only one who got over the Oscar "snub" in like a day? Yes Gaga made the precursos, but the competition was high and she lost all her nominations (not to mention the movie had mixed reception). She wasnt a lock (at least to me)

I got over it the next day because at the end of the day it wasn't Gaga's fault, she had an amazing performance and she still got a nomination for best actress at BAFTA for example (most of the Oscar nominees that year can't relate) what makes it really worse is the fact that some fans now act as if Gaga was a razzie nominated actress bc of that Oscar snub

• paws up 3
  • thanks 3

A Popster Is Born 12,829
On 1/19/2023 at 1:18 PM, Doncho said:

Am I the only one who got over the Oscar "snub" in like a day? Yes Gaga made the precursos, but the competition was high and she lost all her nominations (not to mention the movie had mixed reception). She wasnt a lock (at least to me)

its weird i kinda feel like no one was as secure even with everything there, the compeitition was extremely tough with Cruz in the mix some predictors would refuse to take her out.

At least if the same happens next week we're prepared? :enigma:

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,359
On 1/19/2023 at 8:42 AM, BloodyOreo said:

Chile I remember I was in the library so had to pack my things up to meltdown in private :icant:

When I saw a f-word celebrating her snub on twitter 

This Is So Humiliating GIF - This Is So Humiliating ...

My fiancé was running late to work because he was at the house watching Oscar nominations with me, I have never seen a gay run as fast as he did when Gaga was snubbed, he DID NOT WANT TO BE AROUND ME :billie:  He didn’t even stick around for one of his favorite directors to also be snubbed 

• lol 12

Popster to Popster 4,833

The thing with me is the fact that I got through so much stuff and sh!t with Gaga throughout her career (including the ARTPOP days) that I never really get that disappointed if she misses some awards or nominations (no matter how big they are) I really only get worried or really sad if something bad happens to her, other than that I'm just glad of what she became and the fact that she keeps improving.

• paws up 7
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,634

As somebody who is passionate of awards-Oscars, after I followed the race in every detail since Summer 2021 with the first predictions, her best actress snub has been for me probably the most traumatic-shocking thing Gaga related in her whole career, with her precise combination of precursors nobody was never snubbed before (not even the ones from the list posted above.

I've been in shock-denail the whole day when happened and then I've stayed mad-furious for weeks, especially with her attending the precursors events and knowing she was the one not making it for the Oscars, it was depressing.

Her attending the rest of awards season was definitely a gesture of class and maturity, other people would have probably avoided.

• paws up 12
  • hugs 3
  • love 1

On 1/19/2023 at 8:18 AM, Doncho said:

Tbh she could never win another Oscar again and I'd be fine. Box office and public reception>>

Popster for Sale 44,832
On 1/19/2023 at 1:54 PM, Leptine said:

As somebody who is passionate of awards-Oscars, after I followed the race in every detail since Summer 2021 with the first predictions, her best actress snub has been for me probably the most traumatic-shocking thing Gaga related in her whole career, with her precise combination of precursors nobody was never snubbed before (not even the ones from the list posted above.

I've been in shock-denail the whole day when happened and then I've stayed mad-furious for weeks, especially with her attending the precursors events and knowing she was the one not making it for the Oscars, it was depressing.

Her attending the rest of awards season was definitely a gesture of class and maturity, other people would have probably avoided.

The fact that she ended up being one of the most talked about moments of Oscars night, in contrast to the mess that happened. :talent:

• paws up 6
  • love 2

Popster to Popster 4,021
On 1/19/2023 at 6:48 PM, Doncho said:

Last year was prolly the least competitive year in best actress category. 

The real cut throat competition is this year between cate & michelle, even Danielle, viola, michelle williams who are not predicted to win gave splendid performances. 

Gaga snub was heartbreaking but 1 year later i see it as expected bc HOG was a mess, every actor in it seemed like they are in a different movie.

The awful mario accent of jared letto & american accent of adam driver.

only gaga & al pacino were good but still they didn't give an oscar winning performances.

gaga at best could have been the 5th slot but ofc academy must have thought its too soon for her

Pop-a-911-ster 28,973
x3
On 1/19/2023 at 2:20 PM, zoldyck said:

We shouldn't take stanning that seriously, but I was really depressed the night Gaga missed the nomination for Oscars. I  cancelled all my plans and spent whole day lying down on bed :dead:

It was a sad moment but at least she had already won an Oscar before, so I handled better that moment. The real depression for me was when she lost the Oscar to the first gay man ever. I was feeling so sad the next day cause I know that we have to wait for many more years for her finally become an Oscar winner. Thanks god we didn't have to wait that long:oscar:

• hugs 1
  • lol 1