Charts Thread - Stream Bloody Mary and Applause (Make Em Touch Remix) 👏🙌

Stats4LG

On 1/18/2023 at 2:27 AM, derpmonster said:

Well one thing is Troy Carter leaving 💀 Applause was also a good lead single, had a long Top 10 run. 

But yeah I don't think it's just that. Bobby has been great for her career in the long term but her team seems to have collectively lost their intuition for selecting singles. 

I don’t think Troy Carter is the culprit. Gaga mentioned Jimmy Iovine chose Applause as the lead, not Troy Carter. I think Interscope or Gaga/her team just go with what they think is “safe” for leads, but at this point I don’t think the GP likes/responds to safer Gaga tracks as much as we think they do. Shallow and Bloody Mary kind of prove the public at large likes when Gaga takes risks. 

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 28,973
x3
On 1/18/2023 at 9:19 AM, GraceRandolph said:

Something happened after BTW. They just haven’t been able to select leads well since with the exception of Shallow if that counts. 

Now that I am thinking about, we are so so lucky that somehow they chose the correct lead single for ASIB era. With these choices (Perfect Illusion and Stupid Love) I wouldn't be surprised if they had chosen Why You Did That as the lead single. We were so lucky.

• lol 6

A Popster Is Born 12,829
On 1/18/2023 at 8:37 AM, little legend said:

Now that I am thinking about, we are so so lucky that somehow they chose the correct lead single for ASIB era. With these choices (Perfect Illusion and Stupid Love) I wouldn't be surprised if they had chosen Why You Did That as the lead single. We were so lucky.

They originally thought of doing INLA iirc, they thought her whitney moment. Still, seeing as that song is literally still bigger than SL when it wasn't added to any big playlist it probably still wouldn't have been as bad :dead:

• paws up 5
  • lol 2

Popster to Popster 4,021
On 1/18/2023 at 1:31 PM, Miaou said:

Youtube :

Lady Gaga - Americano Official Audio : 26K daily views

———BARRIER———

Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion Official MV : 19K daily views

Lady Gaga - Stupid Love Official MV : 19K daily views 

:applause:

BTW being her magnum opus with best deep cuts she really was onto something while making this album, i never not trusted its potential :applause:

Her best album my miles 

• yaas, gaga 1
  • love 2

Pop-a-911-ster 28,973
x3
On 1/18/2023 at 9:45 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

They originally thought of doing INLA iirc, they thought her whitney moment. Still, seeing as that song is literally still bigger than SL when it wasn't added to any big playlist it probably still wouldn't have been as bad :dead:

INLA makes sense at least. It can see it being a top10 hit

ARTPOPster 1,620
On 1/18/2023 at 12:45 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Yup. But I think the trailer sealed the deal for Ms. Shallow. Everyone was instantly hooked when they heart her bridge belting. 

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,832
On 1/18/2023 at 8:45 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

I remember wanting INLA to be lead single :mess: in hindisght it wouldn't have done as well as Shallow but it sounds more commercial

Risks really pay off for Gags

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,634

I hate this Miley bandwagoning just because she's smashing, people that you never seen mentioning her to save their life in the last years now suddenly are stans suggesting Gaga should have released a bland song like that as lead single :dead:

• thanks 10
  • lol 2

ARTPOPster 1,620
On 1/18/2023 at 12:53 AM, BloodyOreo said:

I remember wanting INLA to be lead single :mess: in hindisght it wouldn't have done as well as Shallow but it sounds more commercial

Yup. People were convinced Shallow wouldn't work due to the crowd sounds, less polished chorus vocals (compared to the trailer), and how disjointed it sounded. But INLA would never have the Oscars moment Shallow did even if she gave the performance of a lifetime - without the Bradley drama, it just wouldn't have gone that far. 

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 31,856
On 1/18/2023 at 9:47 AM, Ayobabylon said:

BTW being her magnum opus with best deep cuts she really was onto something while making this album, i never not trusted its potential :applause:

Her best album my miles 

:whatga: The Fame Monster sweetie...

• thanks 1
  • love 1

ARTPOPster 1,620

I definitely don't want Gaga to release a song like Flowers (especially production wise - it's still too BloodPop adjacent for me) but I do wanna hear more of an organic, analog sound with interesting backing vocals (like the post chorus of Flowers). Something bluesy and soulful. Think Amy, Adele, Mark Ronson, and Beyoncé all in one. It would be an interesting way for her to cross over her jazz skill into her pop work. 

Spoiler

Even if it flops :cm: music not the bling

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,973
x3

Do you think that ARUTW would have been bigger than Shallow if it was the lead single? 

For me makes sense for Shallow to be the lead single and Always Remember Us This Way to be the second single. 

Like Just Dance or Someone Like You(Shallow) as lead singles and then ARUTW as the second single would have been the new Poker Face/Rolling In The Deep

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,620
On 1/18/2023 at 1:05 AM, little legend said:

Do you think that ARUTW would have been bigger than Shallow if it was the lead single? 

For me makes sense for Shallow to be the lead single and Always Remember Us This Way to be the second single. 

Like Just Dance or Someone Like You(Shallow) as lead singles and then ARUTW as the second single would have been the new Poker Face/Rolling In The Deep

Shallow for the lead single 100%. The demand was just there. If they had pushed ARUTW, Shallow would've overtaken tbh. 

ARUTW would be a great second single to extend the era after the Oscars. Finally, Is That Alright as the cute winter 2019 single to close the era. :cm:

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

On 1/18/2023 at 6:03 AM, derpmonster said:

I definitely don't want Gaga to release a song like Flowers (especially production wise - it's still too BloodPop adjacent for me) but I do wanna hear more of an organic, analog sound with interesting backing vocals (like the post chorus of Flowers). Something bluesy and soulful. Think Amy, Adele, Mark Ronson, and Beyoncé all in one. It would be an interesting way for her to cross over her jazz skill into her pop work. 

Reveal hidden contents

Even if it flops :cm: music not the bling

Exactly this. The other day I said the same thing and got jumped but I would love a more mature Joanne but more fun, with more "Gaga" moments and more soulful and jazzy. Also, I would love a very "femenine" album if that makes sense, I want Gaga to talk her sh!t and be sexy AF visually speaking. 

• paws up 1

On 1/18/2023 at 6:05 AM, little legend said:

Always Remember Us This Was was destined to become a smash but they fumbled the bad with that one, but at least it still is one of Gaga's most streamed tracks ever and daily. So I don't really complain.

• sad 1

A Popster Is Born 10,585

On LG7 I want her to go Ray of Light just like Madonna did back in time. Something fresh, with strong production and writing but still very commercial. Great and soft vocals and some smooth electronic sounds. 

It gave a new boost to her career both in critics and sales numbers.

I love Bloodpop but she needs brand new producers on this. I wouldn't mind some past producers back in co-writing (Ronson, RedOne, DJWS why not). But I feel like new people are needed for instrumentals.

A Popster Is Born 12,829
On 1/18/2023 at 8:53 AM, BloodyOreo said:

That's what made ASIB work the most: having 3 very single worthy songs, with no doubts in question. So that even if two singles are disadvantaged or become regional singles, the quality is so good they will end up not tanking into the thin air after a month - and receive further boosts when new releases happen.

This is what they need to to take into LG7.

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1
  • lol 1

On 1/18/2023 at 5:55 AM, Leptine said:

I hate this Miley bandwagoning just because she's smashing, people that you never seen mentioning her to save their life in the last years now suddenly are stans suggesting Gaga should have released a bland song like that as lead single :dead:

It’s not a bland song. It’s just simple while being good and quality. Bland was SL which also tanked miserably so yeah maybe that’s why stans are suggesting she should follow that path 

Moderator 17,129
On 1/18/2023 at 10:05 AM, little legend said:

Rolling In The Deep was the lead single and Someone Like You the second single though...

• shook 1