Charts Thread - Stream Bloody Mary and Applause (Make Em Touch Remix) 👏🙌

Stats4LG

Popster to Popster 3,193
On 1/16/2023 at 9:00 AM, Artur said:

Yeah, but it's not only because of its current chart performance. She is in the middle of the JFAD filming, there is probably little to no time for a music video + I don't think she is as eager as before to shot a music video in the middle of the movie (maybe she is not even allowed?).

Visualizer or something. They've had the time to do one. 

Popster to Popster 3,193
On 1/16/2023 at 9:26 AM, ARTPOP said:

Girl there is no doubt that R Kelly was the #1 reason the ARTPOP era went downhill the way it did. 

Applause was big on radio and served a lot of longevity in the BB100 top 10. DWUW went #13 with no video and radios were on board. Had it been any other artist on that song, they would have just shot the video and promoted it a lot more and it would have done very well. Don't know how many of you were there for that era but it was radio silence from Gaga for a long time while we waited impatiently for the video and while the album had no room to grow and kept going downhill. Underwhelming numbers + bad press + her team leaving her were huge factors, but I really think she would have been able to turn it around and have DWUW be a big hit if she didn't have to relive her r*pe trauma after working with both Kelly and Richardson which made her shut down for months. 

She was way oversaturated, management was in shambles, and she was spiraling. Don't blame it on R Kelly. :icant:

• paws up 1

On 1/16/2023 at 5:00 PM, Artur said:

Yeah, but it's not only because of its current chart performance. She is in the middle of the JFAD filming, there is probably little to no time for a music video + I don't think she is as eager as before to shot a music video in the middle of the movie (maybe she is not even allowed?).

she can do it in late march/ april or even summer it will never be too late for smashery like this :oops:

On 1/16/2023 at 3:49 PM, BloodyMary said:

she can do it in late march/ april or even summer it will never be too late for smashery like this :oops:

Yeah even a March release for MV would be good since radio is picking it up now + they’d have time to plan it, book some days off from Joker for Gaga to prepare etc. but that’s not going to happen :katy:

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,874

acts we thought were over that smashed/ had a hit since 2022:

-Sam Smith

-Nicki Minaj

-Meghan Trainor

-Miley Cyrus

-Bebe Rexha

-OneRepublic

Curiously they all peaked in the same awfull time period in pop music: 2013-2015. Who's next? Silento? Macklemore? :icant:

Edited by BloodyOreo

Pop-a-911-ster 39,400
On 1/16/2023 at 9:57 AM, BloodyOreo said:

acts we thought were over that smashed/ had a hit since 2022:

-Sam Smith

-Nicki Minaj

-Meghan Trainor

-Miley Cyrus

-Bebe Rexha

-OneRepublic

Curiously they all peaked in the same awfull time period in pop music: 2013-2015. Who's next? Silento? Macklemore? :icant:

People thought Miley Cyrus was “over” ? After Plastic Hearts? The album outstreaming Chromatica? :laughga: who thought that I need to know asap 

• lol 2

Popster for Sale 44,874
On 1/16/2023 at 3:06 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

People thought Miley Cyrus was “over” ? After Plastic Hearts? The album outstreaming Chromatica? :laughga: who thought that I need to know asap 

I mean Plastic Hearts did well in the longevity department but one could attribute that to the fact it's her best album and even then it wasn't particularly successful, even with high-profile collaborations and lots of promo and performances. She proved me wrong though. 

On 1/16/2023 at 4:48 PM, Imtired1616 said:

She was way oversaturated, management was in shambles, and she was spiraling. Don't blame it on R Kelly. :icant:

Again, a big part of the spiraling was due to the second single mess. If she had collabed with anyone else or even released it solo, the ARTPOP era would have been so different.

• paws up 4

A Popster Is Born 10,142
On 1/16/2023 at 10:32 AM, FRANZGA said:

It's because of top40.. it only peaked at #19 and not even making the YE Chart there

Meanwhile

AC - #2 Peak and #2 YE

HAC - #2 Peak/ #1 Mediabase Peak and #11 YE

Exactly, which proves my point that pop radio hasn't been behind Gaga for a long time