Charts Thread - Stream Bloody Mary and Applause (Make Em Touch Remix) 👏🙌

Stats4LG

On 1/16/2023 at 10:38 AM, protonalex0203 said:

Where do you think Gaga's career would have been right now had she released the DWUW video and it ended up smashing and saving the era back then?

I think it couldnt have saved the era neither. I mean, yes, the mv wouldve been so controversial that it would have boosted the sales and streams of the song but at what cost? It could have been the last nail on her coffin if she had released it and something that would have followed her up until today. Im glad it never got to see the day of light 

• paws up 4

Popster to Popster 3,187
On 1/16/2023 at 8:25 AM, Artur said:

It's kinda sad that this is probably gonna be Gaga's first single without a music video. I know they don't mean much these days, but the song is so incredible and unique. It begs for some insane, expensive and non-iphoned visuals. 

I think we'll know in the next few weeks if they plan to do anything for it, I guess. POP add date tomorrow, HAC add date end of the month. You'd think if anything else was coming, it'd be now or never. Tiny bit of hope. They've had 2 whole months of +2 million stream updates, so...

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 10,591
On 1/16/2023 at 2:46 PM, Imtired1616 said:

I think we'll know in the next few weeks if they plan to do anything for it, I guess. POP add date tomorrow, HAC add date end of the month. You'd think if anything else was coming, it'd be now or never. Tiny bit of hope. They've had 2 whole months of +2 million stream updates, so...

Yeah maybe she has something up in ther sleeve for this. They doesn't seem to be to about frontloaded promo and moves for Bloody Mary but more about making grow progressively : discount on Itunes one week, added to pop radios the next one, added to HAC next...

Edited by monketsharona
  • paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 11,859
On 1/16/2023 at 10:42 AM, protonalex0203 said:

But she would then face a lot of backlash for that video.   

Yes. But we are also talking about the woman who had a dress made out of meat :icant:

At the time it would probably be just another controversy to add to the list

A Popster Is Born 12,829
On 1/16/2023 at 1:47 PM, protonalex0203 said:

Yep, I think the backlash over that video would be so strong that she wouldn't be able to recover from that. 

On the other hand, she did a controversial performance with R Kelly, and everyone forgot about that (apart from a few OGHs).   

i inda thought she was competing with miley abit that era to be queen of shockpiop. i rememebr miley wore grillz and then gaga said culture was her b*tch :enigma:

Straights loved DWUW and i actually think theyd have found her conventionally attractive in the video (gays won they seem to need GP to see Gaga in that way?) This was very 'flowers' actually hihi:

b821543fa464c0e8bebde296fc030a1b--what-u-want-do-what.jpg

• paws up 4

On 1/16/2023 at 10:46 AM, Imtired1616 said:

Yeah, but it's not only because of its current chart performance. She is in the middle of the JFAD filming, there is probably little to no time for a music video + I don't think she is as eager as before to shot a music video in the middle of the movie (maybe she is not even allowed?).

A Popster Is Born 11,859
On 1/16/2023 at 11:00 AM, Hurem said:

It really wouldn’t.

I don’t know if you were fans at the time, but when DWUW video snippets leaked it got a lot of bad press. Can’t remember what the video would’ve done to her career.

Yes I was. And yeah... maybe. I dont remember the backlash really well honestly. I know the video was probably a bad thing, but as a fan I really wanted to see it :bebe: Specially considering the decline in quality her MVs suffered post-ARTPOP

Girl there is no doubt that R Kelly was the #1 reason the ARTPOP era went downhill the way it did. 

Applause was big on radio and served a lot of longevity in the BB100 top 10. DWUW went #13 with no video and radios were on board. Had it been any other artist on that song, they would have just shot the video and promoted it a lot more and it would have done very well. Don't know how many of you were there for that era but it was radio silence from Gaga for a long time while we waited impatiently for the video and while the album had no room to grow and kept going downhill. Underwhelming numbers + bad press + her team leaving her were huge factors, but I really think she would have been able to turn it around and have DWUW be a big hit if she didn't have to relive her r*pe trauma after working with both Kelly and Richardson which made her shut down for months. 

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

The fact that Cuff It has less digital sales than Bloody Mary (not that they count that much though), just a million streams more but it’s comfortably sitting Top 15 on the Hot 100 with 56M on radio :mess:

We really need radio/Interscope to shamelessly back BM up and we’re gonna skyrocket yup 

• paws up 5
  • hugs 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,857

Most viewed female artists on YouTube in France this week :

1. Lady Gaga

2. Nej (french artist)

3. Aya Nakamura (french artist)

4. Rihanna

5. Céline Dion

6. Shakira 

7. Selena Gomez

8. Vitaa (french artist)

9. Beyoncé 

10. Sia 

Gaga is insane 

She is the most viewed female artist including local acts despite no release since May 2022 and no studio album since May 2020

She is the only female artist in the top 20 with Nej

no words at this slayage

Edited by Miaou
  • paws up 8
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

Had she released that controversial DWUW video, the song would have probably gone Top 5 on the Hot 100. It was just waiting to happen since it already spent 10 weeks in the Top 20 (without going Top 10) and the GP overall liked it. 

Her brand would have been 1000 times more tarnished though, I doubt she would have been able to book all the tributes gigs she did in 2014-16, AHS role, ASIB role etc. 

In the end I think she would have found a way to rebound because she’s immensely talented, but things have already been slow and tough without that damned video so imagine if it was actually released. 

• paws up 7
  • thanks 1

Popster This Way 563

I find it funny that Iceland and Estonia only have around 60-80 spots on the Top 200 because many tracks don't surpass the 1000 streams benchmark. They must be the best places to farmstream :rip:

Edited by LaMaterialista
  • shook 3

Popster to Popster 3,903

It's a Wrap going viral yess iktr!!! 

Mariah still rules! 

Edited by Mario Spears