Charts Thread - Stream Bloody Mary and Applause (Make Em Touch Remix) 👏🙌

Stats4LG

Popster for Sale 44,834
On 1/10/2023 at 3:30 PM, LaMaterialista said:

Americano 56.821 streams (37.972.705 total streams). Yesterday it did 46.710 streams. Who joked about the Puss in Boots effect and turned out to be true? :oscar:

It's me, hi

Edit: Actually I wasn't joking, everyone just assumed I was and gave me LOL reaction :icant:

Edited by BloodyOreo
  • paws up 1
  • lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 12,829
On 1/10/2023 at 3:17 PM, Bojana said:

Shallow - 1,983,168,962 (+872,392)

ARUTW - 889,721,640 (+628,992)

Million Reasons - 676,866,984 (+279,762)

that would've been a smash friday update a few months ago - MR is coming for 290k

i wonder what is pushing these 3 like this, i know we are in ballad season post xmas but they are doing good :oscar:

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,834
On 1/10/2023 at 3:36 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

that would've been a smash friday update a few months ago - MR is coming for 290k

i wonder what is pushing these 3 like this, i know we are in ballad season post xmas but they are doing good :oscar:

I think Gaga is being exposed to new demographics through viral songs on tiktok which is why her discography is getting an all-around boost 

either that or music/catalogs are more streamed during the first months of January for some reason... we would have to compare, but I think her current position on spotify's artists (that a few weeks back we thought would be her NYE peak) favours the first theory 

Edited by BloodyOreo
  • paws up 3

Popster This Way 722

So recently John Wayne, G.U.Y., Hold My Hand and Bloody Mary have all reached 100 million streams on Spotify.

What are the next Gaga songs that are close to this milestone? Apart from Marry The Night and IDKWLI.

We need a playlist with that songs.

On 1/10/2023 at 10:40 AM, BloodyOreo said:

I think Gaga is being exposed to new demographics through viral songs on tiktok which is why her discography is getting an all-around boost 

either that or music/catalogs are more streamed during the first months of January for some reason... we would have to compare, but I think her current position on spotify's artists (that a few weeks back we thought would be her NYE peak) favours the first theory 

totally agree. I have a working theory that her appeal skips generations:

Boomers - love Tony Bennett and respect true singers
Gen X - grew up with Madonna & Bowie, think of LG as a copycat b/c they're her greatest inspos
Millennial - her core fanbase, her own generation
Gen Z - they're more into vibey, hip-hop-y music. Gaga is very uncool to them. (see: Billie Eilish)
Alpha Gen - the kids and pre-teens that started discovering her through TikTok last year, which exploded after BM.

I like this new generation. They're less pretentious and depressed hopefully.

Edited by thehanyo
  • paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 16,845

Main Pop Girls Kworb Youtube Daily Views (excl. KPop and Reggaeton Acts)

1. Taylor Swift - 5,211,112

2. Lady Gaga - 4,227,904

3. Rihanna - 3,546,804

4. Ariana Grande - 3,048,488

5. Katy Perry - 3,003,614

6. Beyonce - 2,851,462

7. Billie Eilish - 2,702,756

8. Dua Lipa - 2,679,954

9. Adele - 2,350,303

10. Sza - 2,346,841

EDIT: Selena Gomez is at 3,296,143, but i don't know if i should include her reggaeton stats since i excluded the Latin Girls :katy:

Edited by FRANZGA
  • paws up 9
  • lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 3

Popster for Sale 44,834
On 1/10/2023 at 3:53 PM, thehanyo said:

totally agree. I have a working theory that her appeal skips generations:

Boomers - love Tony Bennett and respect true singers
Gen X - grew up with Madonna & Bowie, think of LG as a copycat b/c they're her greatest inspos
Millennial - her core fanbase, her own generation
Gen Z - they're more into vibey, hip-hop-y music. Gaga is very uncool to them. (see: Billie Eilish)
Alpha Gen - the kids and pre-teens that started discovering her through TikTok last year, which exploded after BM.

I like this new generation. They're less pretentious and depressed hopefully.

I agree. I think Alpha Gen could with the right music and approach give Gaga a bit of a new wind. I saw an interesting comment on Gagadaily reacting to Bloody Mary + other viral trends: the stigma around Gaga's music has lifted, because she made a name of herself as a respectable artist all around. This means new generations could hopefully see Gaga's art through a more impartial viewpoint: without all the "she's a copycat, she can't sing (lmao), she's all shock value" baggage. 

Always possible it's just a few tiktok trends that will eventually wane out and have no real lasting impact on her career, of course.  

• paws up 4

On 1/10/2023 at 4:36 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

could it be ppl are checking out her spotify page and playing her top10? idk thats something I do when I come across a new artist 

also, wasnt ASIB added to a new streaming service at the end of December? 

• paws up 1