Charts Thread - Stream Bloody Mary and Applause (Make Em Touch Remix) 👏🙌

Stats4LG

On 1/10/2023 at 1:52 PM, BloodyOreo said:

:bigbird: did not expect this at all

seems like Gaga will remain untouched in Vegas and they will try to chain her there forever because of that

i hope that if gaga does extend her vegas stay she can negotiate at least 3 times bigger pay. not only did she completely sell out all her dates, but I think all of her dates earned above 1million. which is difficult, not everybody gets that

• paws up 2

The Fame Popster 333
On 1/10/2023 at 7:54 AM, Andreu said:

What does MDB have that DD does not for the radio to touch it? Genuniely asking

Same. In NYC, I've consistently heard every Ava Max radio single played on Z100, KTU, and Sirius HitsFM; from SBP (huge), to Kings & Queens (huge), MH&MH (big; still gets play), MYTP (started big; still gets play), and now MDB (has started big). I'm not actively invested in her, but like - stan world has been so off re: what is or isn't "radio-friendly" for a really long time.

Pop needs something to play between Harry, Taylor, and Weeknd. From their willingness to give Ms. Max airplay for pretty much anything she releases (and scale it as it is received), I think she's a safe bet and fairly recognizable name in an era when staples (Bieber, Ariana, Dua) and the few breakout stars of recent years (Doja, Billie, Olivia) are on a bit of a break, as the "next generation" is fueled by Tik Tok and essentially faceless. 

As Ari, Taylor, Dua, Doja, Bieber get older, change sound/audience, or release less frequently, there's going to be a huge void to be filled (hehe). Pop is "Mainstream" Radio for a reason - programmers and listeners like familiarity. Heck, they're pushing acts like Jax and Tate McRae, and I'd think most would agree Ava Max is the most likely of those 3 to have a consistent, pop-friendly output over the next 5+ years. 

• paws up 1

On 1/10/2023 at 4:28 PM, Gagalvaro said:

Do you think Gaga will attend tonight?

her grandma just died. 

i do believe she also took a break from movie shooting it must be hard these days for our girl. 

i bet a golden globe is last thing she cares about.

Popster to Popster 3,192
On 1/10/2023 at 8:50 AM, BloodyMary said:

her grandma just died. 

i do believe she also took a break from movie shooting it must be hard these days for our girl. 

i bet a golden globe is last thing she cares about.

She died a month ago. We just found out about it this week. Very sad, but still...

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,849

don't know if already posted but

Top 40/Mainstream

Taking Off: Jan 3 - Jan 9
Artist Title + Stations + Spins
SZA Kill Bill 42 957
SZA Nobody Gets Me 19 332
LONNIE One Night Stand 16 192
METRO BOOMIN Creepin' f/The Weeknd, 21 Sav. 11 164
LADY GAGA Bloody Mary 9 109

• paws up 8