Charts Thread - Stream Bloody Mary and Applause (Make Em Touch Remix) 👏🙌

Stats4LG

Pop-a-911-ster 39,419
On 1/9/2023 at 8:31 AM, Lazz Monster said:

The way it'll make even ASIB look like a fad :oscar:

We need J:FAD to pull a TGM and gross a sh!t ton of money/more than the original and get that critical acclaim :giveup:

I’m just happy that it seems like they really wanna take their time and make sure everything is done right. The original came out in 2019 so clearly Todd Phillips hasn’t rushed the script and they’re giving plenty of time for filming. I have really high hopes but I’m also terrified because it’s a sequel and sometimes they don’t get the best reception ala BP:WF

• paws up 2
  • love 2

A Popster Is Born 10,146
On 1/9/2023 at 10:36 AM, MANiCURE1295 said:

We need J:FAD to pull a TGM and gross a sh!t ton of money/more than the original and get that critical acclaim :giveup:

I’m just happy that it seems like they really wanna take their time and make sure everything is done right. The original came out in 2019 so clearly Todd Phillips hasn’t rushed the script and they’re giving plenty of time for filming. I have really high hopes but I’m also terrified because it’s a sequel and sometimes they don’t get the best reception ala BP:WF

Imo it'll either bomb hard or be an amazing success, making it a musical is a huge gamble

But I'm sure Todd knows what he's doing, so it'll pay off, in Todd we trust 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,419
On 1/9/2023 at 8:41 AM, Lazz Monster said:

Imo it'll either bomb hard or be an amazing success, making it a musical is a huge gamble

Plus I really need some original music if it’s a musical :giveup: imagine Gaga getting that double BOS and BA nomination :door: I have faith that if they’re using Gaga though that it isn’t all covers, there must be original music in there somewhere 

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 7

A Popster Is Born 11,922

The straight GP will try their hardest to destroy Joker 2. We already saw that the moment it was teased as a musical. But in Godga we trust! Even if public reaction is mixed, I believe it can have critics support

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 39,419
On 1/9/2023 at 8:53 AM, José said:

Todd may not be martin scorsese. but he knows how to make a fun movie, the gp is going to like it. I'm more worried about the critics to be honest. 

At least we know Joker wasn’t critically loved (68 on RT/ 59 MC) and still made a sh!t ton of noise at the Academy :giveup:imagine if this one is a hit with critics

• paws up 4
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,021
x3
On 1/9/2023 at 2:59 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

At least we know Joker wasn’t critically loved (68 on RT/ 59 MC) and still made a sh!t ton of noise at the Academy :giveup:imagine if this one is a hit with critics

Wtf, I thought it had a score of 98 or something :banana:

• hugs 1

Popster This Way 900
On 1/9/2023 at 9:10 AM, little legend said:

Wtf, I thought it had a score of 98 or something :banana:

Joker and HoG are both examples of having low professional critic reviews and high audience review.

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,205
On 1/9/2023 at 8:41 AM, Lazz Monster said:

Sis. It survived the WB purge last year, it has all the talent of the original behind it, they paid top dollar to get the best talent involved (even though WB is broke), its already one of the most anticipated movies of 2024, and WB needs the win so bad they will absolutely not let it flop. I don't think we're ready for the slayage (not awards though. Let's be totally honest). :romance:

Edited by Imtired1616

Popster to Popster 3,205
On 1/9/2023 at 8:46 AM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Plus I really need some original music if it’s a musical :giveup: imagine Gaga getting that double BOS and BA nomination :door: I have faith that if they’re using Gaga though that it isn’t all covers, there must be original music in there somewhere 

Or it's all jazz covers like the teaser. Why not get the biggest jazz chanteuse/movie star available? :gaycat:

Pop-a-911-ster 39,419
On 1/9/2023 at 9:22 AM, yomama said:

Joker 1 was honestly just garbage :icant:

Go Away Reaction GIF

It was literally one of my favorite movies of that year…:giveup: when I found out Gaga was attached to the sequel I screamed like a little child, it was like her getting the role in AHS all over again. I LOVED Joker 

• paws up 3
  • thanks 2
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 2