Charts Thread - Stream Bloody Mary and Applause (Make Em Touch Remix) 👏🙌

Stats4LG

ARTPOPster 1,625
On 1/6/2023 at 1:26 AM, danwasd said:

I'm pretty sure she has had a much more complicated relationship with religion than we could argue, with all the things she has suffered during her life. However, it's pretty clear that, real or performed, she was heavily Catholic-esque during the Jolene Era, opposed to blasmephy songs like BM/Judas and the whole BTW imagery, imo. 

I don't know - I don't see Joanne as particularly religious other than the song Million Reasons and Sinner's Prayer really. There are a few more that reference religion passingly. And considering how she didn't really talk about it in interviews either (a whole lot), I don't think she was attempting to project a super Catholic image either. 

I honestly read more sincere religiosity in Born This Way than in Joanne. The point of Judas/BM wasn't blasphemy imo. Just an alternative way of looking at things. But it's clear she was a believer and felt guilt, shame, and all the other stuff Christians do. 

Edited by derpmonster
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,652
On 1/6/2023 at 4:58 AM, Stargazer said:

Is anyone tracking Applause on YouTube?

It was 59k on last update :awkney:

For comparison Judas and ARUTW were in the 174k range, HMH on 350k, BR, PF in the 410k range as of last (not sure if it already updated).

A Popster Is Born 14,856
On 1/6/2023 at 11:18 AM, Dean ARTchester said:
22,138,090 1,732

When cupcakes defended this atrocity :icant:

"iT'S fiNE!!1! jUSt WAtcH frOM a BiggEr sCrEEn!!1!!"

"I'M oN MoBiLE anD i CAn ReaD iT!! ArE yOU bLind??!!!1!!11!"

imho they tried to release what could be understood as a visualizer and a LV at the same time and they failed in both departments :dead:

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,454
On 1/6/2023 at 10:54 AM, bloody grammys said:

not charting in the top 500

I know :bebe: I was just wondering if it got some boost (even 10k more than usual would be great for its standards :applause:)

• hugs 1

Popster for Sale 45,005
On 1/6/2023 at 10:36 AM, Stargazer said:

I know :bebe: I was just wondering if it got some boost (even 10k more than usual would be great for its standards :applause:)

I think so, at least relatively

last week it was doing a little less than ROM/MR iirc and now it's outviewing both: 68k vs 53 and 55k

Edited by BloodyOreo
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 12,845
On 1/6/2023 at 10:18 AM, Dean ARTchester said:
22,138,090 1,732

I still stand by liking this video, but once again she does a lyric video where you can't read the actual words :billie:

On 1/6/2023 at 10:19 AM, Dadru said:

When Applause takes over ROM in her top 10 on Spotify :billie:

our argument about Gaga having recent hits lowkey going, but now we get the point about solo back :talent:

• yaas, gaga 1

On 1/6/2023 at 11:18 AM, Dean ARTchester said:
22,138,090 1,732

Also remember when we thought this was finally the restart of the chromatica era and the start of the SC single run :icant:

• lol 6

Popster for Sale 45,005
On 1/6/2023 at 10:47 AM, artgagapop said:

Also remember when we thought this was finally the restart of the chromatica era and the start of the SC single run :icant:

The lack of communication during Chromatica era was really something else

• thanks 3

Pop-a-911-ster 26,652
On 1/6/2023 at 6:42 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

I still stand by liking this video, but once again she does a lyric video where you can't read the actual words :billie:

The latter part is my biggest problem. The visuals are pretty, sure. But the whole point of a LYRIC video is to get people to actually sing-along and learn the words. BLACKPINK is a YouTube force and the way this video TANKED tells us everything we need to know :peacega:

• love 1