Charts Thread - Stream Bloody Mary and Applause (Make Em Touch Remix) 👏🙌

Stats4LG

A Popster Is Born 18,366

Gaga was a Aaliyah fan back in 2008, everyone knew R Kelly married Aaliyah when she was 15, he even falsified her birth certificate to make sure they would be allowed to get married. I doubt Gaga didn’t know that story, if she didn’t, someone on her team did for sure. This alone should be a red flag for them. It’s mind boggling they allowed this collab to happen.

King Bobby would never. 

• paws up 1
  • shook 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,838
x3

Soundtrack albums don't get more than one single cause usually they flop. 

A Star Is Born is a masterpiece and almost every song of that album is a timeless classic ( except some pop songs) . A Star Is Born deserved to be as huge as 21. Shallow, ARUTW,ITA and INLA are good as the singles from 21 album. And yes Always Remember Us This Way managed to get amazing streams ( cause it's just a masterpiece) and managed to become a hit but could easily become one of the biggest smash hits ever. This didn't happen cause they just ignore it and let it rot. 

If you see that the GP likes a song and has potential to become huge then the excuses that " soundtracks don't have more than one single" or " it's an Ally song not Gaga's" are just pathetic.

• paws up 7
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 1/4/2023 at 4:02 PM, Andraslop said:

But why the hell didn't they release 911 as the third and final single of Chromatica?

Probably they didn't had enough faith in 911 as a single, could have been just Gaga wanting to release a music video for it because she loves the song and wanted to do something different for it (I mean the music video for 911 is really different from her other ones)

A Popster Is Born 14,731
On 1/4/2023 at 3:03 PM, Imtired1616 said:

Phew. Thank God Madonna released Back That Up To The Beat sped up version. Artist behavior. Such a great team. And not at all desperate. Legend status secured. :applause:

WgFrKkq.gif

some of you have the reading comprehension of a baked potato

WgFrKkq.gif

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 11,434
On 1/4/2023 at 3:03 PM, Imtired1616 said:

Phew. Thank God Madonna released Back That Up To The Beat sped up version. Artist behavior. Such a great team. And not at all desperate. Legend status secured. :applause:

WgFrKkq.gif

Is her song sent to radio? Is her song #1 on Shazam WW? Is her song everywhere with multiple trends like BM , not just with Wednesday Dance? Is her song doing 2M daily streams on Spotify without big playlists? Or maybe her song is doing 5M daily streams on YouTube from unofficial uploads? 

Let's not compare the situation to Madonna cause it's completely different case :eyega:

• paws up 4

Popster to Popster 2,995

Little managers are the worst. I support Gaga. If she doesn't want but 1 or 2 global singles per album release, I support her. No desperate push to jump on trends, cannibalizing streams from her actual magnum opus albums and songs? I support her. This isn't that baffling. And she is so much smarter than us, so. Why wouldn't I just support her? A legend. 

WgFrKkq.gif

Edited by Imtired1616
  • paws up 5
  • yaas, gaga 2
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,301
On 1/4/2023 at 3:07 PM, Andraslop said:

Madonna is an 65 years old artist with her legend-status already built.

Gaga is just a 36 years old artist which is just cementing her legend-status.

Madonna doesn't need a new hit, while Gaga does if she actually wants to be a (non-forgotten) legend in the next decades.

That's why Madonna is a legend today: because she kept serving hits non-stop throughout her career, and not just in her beginnings.

PeriodT

Tea was served 

• paws up 1
  • love 1

On 1/4/2023 at 4:02 PM, Andraslop said:

GaGa's Team is such a mess, but for me the biggest no-sense was the 911 thing.

Like I could understand the arguments behind not giving proper single treatment to:

- ARUTW (Shallow was exploding back then in the USA and Gaga wanted to be remebered for the film and not for the songs)

- SC (impossibility of filming a proper music video)

- BM (12 years old song and impossibility of filming a proper video)

But why the hell didn't they release 911 as the third and final single of Chromatica? They already had the most difficult thing to get, which is a music video. All they needed to do is playlist 911 and send it to radio, that was all. But no, they decided to release a music video whithout any radio nor streaming push. And that's why Chromatica's recurrent streams are that awful: because they only rely on only one real single, which is ROM. However, 911 could also be succesfull, or at least they could have tried it (they had absolutelly nothing to loose, and Gaga was coming from having a streaming smash, so the streaming treatment for 911 could have been very good). But no, they let the era root in hell.

You know what, when you put it this way... :rip:

• sad 1

On 1/4/2023 at 5:07 PM, Andraslop said:

Gaga is just a 36 years old artist which is just cementing her legend-status.

Madonna doesn't need a new hit, while Gaga does if she actually wants to be a (non-forgotten) legend in the next decades.

Releasing BM the chipmunk version will surely catapult her to the LeGeND status lmaooooo

WgFrKkq.gif

Edited by yomama
  • thanks 6

Pop-a-911-ster 28,838
x3
On 1/4/2023 at 4:22 PM, Imtired1616 said:

Little managers are the worst. I support Gaga. If she doesn't want but 1 or 2 global singles per album release, I support her. No desperate push to jump on trends, cannibalizing streams for her actual magnum opus albums and songs? I support her. This isn't that baffling. And she is so much smarter than us, so. Why wouldn't I just support her? A legend. 

WgFrKkq.gif

We all support Gaga here. If anything we want her to be more successful. How are we suddenly the bad ones?:icant:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1
  • love 3

The Popster 124

Little Gaga spokesmen are the worst.

Acting like they text GaGa every night and know what she wants. Aww true friendship.

Ughh some of y'all,,, whatever

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 11,434
On 1/4/2023 at 3:12 PM, little legend said:

Soundtrack albums don't get more than one single cause usually they flop. 

A Star Is Born is a masterpiece and almost every song of that album is a timeless classic ( except some pop songs) . A Star Is Born deserved to be as huge as 21. Shallow, ARUTW,ITA and INLA are good as the singles from 21 album. And yes Always Remember Us This Way managed to get amazing streams ( cause it's just a masterpiece) and managed to become a hit but could easily become one of the biggest smash hits ever. This didn't happen cause they just ignore it and let it rot. 

If you see that the GP likes a song and has potential to become huge then the excuses that " soundtracks don't have more than one single" or " it's an Ally song not Gaga's" are just pathetic.

Right?? Like, France got 3 official singles from ASIB and all of them became succesfull, especially Shallow as the biggest one and ARUTW with huge success as well.. :telephone:

• paws up 5

Its funny how some guys think uploading sped-up version is gonna hurt her legacy :dead:

let be serious, no body will took offense to it except for same bitter haters on atrl/twitter. Who will still say Gaga ruined it legacy by breathing.   

• paws up 3
  • thanks 6
  • love 1

The Popster 124
On 1/4/2023 at 7:56 PM, little legend said:

We all support Gaga here. If anything we want her to be more successful. How are we suddenly the bad ones?:icant:

This ^

Plus What’s this artistic integrity, desperation like Madonna excuses

Gaga is a pop artist

Her goal is to score those top 10s

Or is it not

She should just release album free everywhere. No commercial release.

NO SINGLES at all coz that’s desperation little GaGa friends told me that. 

And lol react all you want

BM is already bigger than most of her songs and on par to surpass br and shallow 

SEETHEEE 

Edited by dwuwpartii
  • paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,133

911 is just not that radio-friendly, let’s be real. I think it would underperform even with a proper push.

I think the ARUTW situation is worse because the interest was already there, they just had to capitalize on it.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Popstanne 9,425
On 1/4/2023 at 11:24 AM, Miaou said:

Madonna doesn't need a new hit

Agreed

On 1/4/2023 at 11:24 AM, Miaou said:

while Gaga does if she actually wants to be a (non-forgotten) legend in the next decades.

I disagree 100%, even if Gaga flops with every single release from now on, she'll still be remembered 

Oops, I think I was supposed to quote @Andraslop

Edited by Lazz Monster
  • thanks 1