Charts Thread - Stream Bloody Mary and Applause (Make Em Touch Remix) 👏🙌

Stats4LG

Popster to Popster 4,621
On 1/3/2023 at 3:37 PM, Dean ARTchester said:

I generally agree with you but at the risk of sounding like a broken record (I've said it before you joined here, I think), I really don't see it as mutually exclusive. Gaga is so set on working with established and acclaimed legends, likely to be seen as one that is worthy to be enshrined amidst them. I can understand that, but I hope she also starts looking forward generation-wise, not just backward. She has influenced a lot of the newer acts, and nurturing her connection with the younger generation can help cement her legacy by carrying her memory into the future.

My argument was more about her career path choices in order to build a legacy-legend status over her talent skills and prestige projects-events rather than focus on numbers|charts and streaming stats like other artists do.

Collaboration with younger artists for sure are gonna happen again in the future, we just had Ariana and Blackpink collabs  that were totally unexpected before the rumors came out, so I certainly don't doubt that she's gonna work or collab with artists from young generations, also when it comes to movies I hope she will work with younger people as well.

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 39,318

Music City Film Critics Association 

“Ciao Papa” – Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio

“Hold My Hand” – Top Gun: Maverick

“Lift Me Up” – Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

“Naatu Naatu” – RRR

“New Body Rhumba” – White Noise

edit: definitely seeming like CP, HMH, LMU & NN are basically locked for the Oscar nomination 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 7
  • yaas, gaga 4
  • love 2

Popster to Popster 3,125
On 1/3/2023 at 12:04 PM, Leptine said:

My argument was more about her career path choices in order to build a legacy-legend status over her talent skills and prestige projects-events rather than focus on numbers|charts and streaming stats like other artists do.

Collaboration with younger artists for sure are gonna happen again in the future, we just had Ariana and Blackpink collabs  that were totally unexpected before the rumors came out, so I certainly don't doubt that she's gonna work or collab with artists from young generations, also when it comes to movies I hope she will work with younger people as well.

Honestly, that's what DOC was for, too. Spotlight younger artist. I feel, anyway. 

• paws up 1

Moderator 24,377
On 1/3/2023 at 10:36 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

“Naatu Naatu” – RRR

edit: definitely seeming like CP, HMH, LMU & NN are basically locked for the Oscar nomination 

Wait why naatu naatu is nominated :bigbird:

Spoiler

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 13,398
On 1/3/2023 at 10:41 PM, Daddy said:

Wait why naatu naatu is nominated :bigbird:

Hide contents

It might even win. It’s such a shame because this song is so mediocre and has such basic lyrics. Remember Jai Ho? That was literally poetry.

• paws up 1
  • love 2

On 1/3/2023 at 9:53 AM, Gypsy Life said:

Unofficial sped-up uploads are back to doing 1M+ on Spotify.

That's 6M streams between YouTube and Spotify that are going to waste every day and not counting for charts or certs. Ridiculous.

Her team not  even doing the bare minimum in the meantime 

Spoiler

But we been knew 

Popster to Popster 4,621
On 1/3/2023 at 4:40 PM, LGMonster95 said:

I literally knew this from a long time ago, the main priority for both Gaga and her team are not charts or her streaming numbers, I mean ofc they do care up to a point (cause they still managed to do some things like putting 3 songs from both ASIB and Chromatica on TTH etc) but It's obviously not their main focus and this also includes Gaga herself imo because if she really wanted better promotion then she would have asked for it and I really do believe that they would have done this for her because she's a huge artist and she's bringing money for all of them. I still expect some good promotion for her next projects (but nothing really outstanding) cause Gaga can definitelly still deliver hits and a good era overall with or without heavy promo.

My thoughts exactly.

Hate to bring this example and I don't want to create stan wars, but  when it comes to Taylor Swift (artist that I absolutely despise) clearly you can tell she's in first line behind the strategies of her releases other than having an excellent team, she cares a lot, her ambitious is just too big when it comes to maintain chart stats and breaking new records, and everything from her releases are studied to the minimal detail in order to do that. A song from her never leak, she manages to keep her works secretly until she decides to announce them.

Whereas with Gaga, it's the opposite in that department, there's always something messy or wrongly done with her releases, sure her team has the main faults in that, but you can tell it's not a priority for her either, people have different priorities in life and when it comes to their careers, we have to accept that.

At the end of the day I will always prefer Gaga's choices, talent, art and overall career with its flaws and messiness over Taylor Swift perfectionism in every aspect of her career that don't have any real concrete substance behind it in my opinion (mediocre music and art in general).

Pop-a-911-ster 26,497
On 1/3/2023 at 1:04 PM, Leptine said:

Oop I forgot a portion of my argument about improving her stats commercially too but anyway yeah agreed

Not me suddenly remembering this dark time (and the last time she bothered to properly interact with her fans online) :laughga: The way she actually sent them snippets to play on air. 2012-2013Ga was a mess and I kinda lived. :enigma:

Edited by 0606060
  • lol 4

Popster to Popster 4,621
On 1/3/2023 at 6:08 PM, Imtired1616 said:

Honestly, that's what DOC was for, too. Spotlight younger artist. I feel, anyway. 

Yes that was for sure a cool way of doing that (and with all LGBT+ artists), even if in that case you can tell it was more a Bloodpop project in first, I don't think she was involved much, other than having a final word once the work was complete, but it was fine for that kind of project since it was a remix album at the end.

It will be interesting see her collab properly on new material with artists like those ones and I don't doubt she will do it in the future also with music producers.

Popster to Popster 4,621
On 1/3/2023 at 6:06 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

“Naatu Naatu” – RRR

These seem to be the nominations more likely to happen at the Oscars with Diane Warren taking the last spot instead, no way they're not gonna nominate her also this year.

Edited by Leptine
  • paws up 3

Moderator 24,377
On 1/3/2023 at 11:02 PM, totallyNOTentela said:

Do we have a list with numbers of the Top 20? How much can she go UP?

Cuca GIF by TV Globo

Most monthly listeners 

1. Weeknd (92M)

2. Justin Bieber (84M)

3. Ed sheeran (82M)

4. Ariana grande (81M)

5. Taylor swift (81M) 

6. Sam smith (76M)

7. Mariah carey (71M)

8. David Guetta (69M)

9. Drake (68M)

10. Rihanna (67M)