Charts Thread - Stream Bloody Mary and Applause (Make Em Touch Remix) 👏🙌

Stats4LG

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 12/27/2022 at 6:17 PM, BloodyOreo said:

Million Reasons was the song destined to lead the pack for sure, she was very in-touch for putting so much into promoting it. But if they were going for a upbeat lead both DA/A-yo would've been better choices than PI. 

I'm a joanne stan but really nothing on that album (other than Million Reasons) would have worked as a single. Honestly I would have gone for the title track aka Joanne as a 2nd single since people loved MR and wanted more of that sound, at least she would have been praised for the song

A Popster Is Born 18,407
On 12/27/2022 at 6:36 PM, Dean Spookchester said:

I always said the album version hits hard as someone who used to be suicidal. The piano version's tone is all angry but the album track becomes uplifting in the chorus and really works better for people seeking validation that it gets better eventually.

And the progressive trance element leading up to the bridge and final chorus reflects the repetitive nature of mental illness wearing you down and the constant fight to survive. Then you have the final push to be triumphant and I just

cry crying GIF

Exactly, friend. Chromatica mostly is just like that, I’ve found those elements in a couple of other songs too. It’s deeply personal to me as I struggled a lot with a health scare back in 2020 that the docs said it may be something that takes one out in a matter of months.

Thankfully it wasn’t it and the mental health difficulties that came after the correct diagnosis (that I wasn’t terminally ill and I’ll be  fine - which itself is difficult to cope with) were really tough but thankfully Chromatica came and it truly lifted me up. 

I’m so happy you’re doing better. Always rooting for you. 
Misha Collins Sam GIF

• paws up 2
  • hugs 6
  • love 4

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 12/27/2022 at 7:13 PM, Adarsh said:

Gaga’s lyrics have always been campy in a very avant garde way. Even critics have noted that. She doesn’t need to copy-paste a thesaurus to be a good lyricist. 

IMO I think she's great and she can write about a lot of stuff not just one thing only 

• love 2

Popster for Sale 44,633
On 12/27/2022 at 6:13 PM, LGMonster95 said:

IMO I think she's great and she can write about a lot of stuff not just one thing only 

yes the variety of topics in Gaga's discography lowkey blow most pop artists out of the water 

• yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

On 12/27/2022 at 2:11 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Exactly, friend. Chromatica mostly is just like that, I’ve found those elements in a couple of other songs too. It’s deeply personal to me as I struggled a lot with a health scare back in 2020 that the docs said it may be something that takes one out in a matter of months.

Thankfully it wasn’t it and the mental health difficulties that came after the correct diagnosis (that I wasn’t terminally ill and I’ll be  fine - which itself is difficult to cope with) were really tough but thankfully Chromatica came and it truly lifted me up. 

I’m so happy you’re doing better. Always rooting for you. 
Misha Collins Sam GIF

696d7f29c6eea73febea55c35bb6240a64bd9c90

• love 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 12/27/2022 at 8:21 PM, BloodyOreo said:

yes the variety of topics in Gaga's discography lowkey blow most pop artists out of the water 

Yeah which I really appreciate, she's really versatile in pretty much everything lol

• love 1

The Fame Popster 291

I'm totally content with BTW stabilizing between 3.5-4M streams for a little while. 

The way it flew up from 1.5B to 1.6B during December :crowned:

Edited by Sun
  • paws up 7
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 18,407
On 12/27/2022 at 7:51 PM, Sun said:

I'm totally content with BTW stabilizing between 3.5-4M streams for a little while. 

The way it flew up from 1.5B to 1.6B during December :crowned:

And from 600k at the start of 2022

:oscar:

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 2
  • love 1