Charts Thread - Stream Bloody Mary and Applause (Make Em Touch Remix) 👏🙌

Stats4LG

A Popster Is Born 13,405
x2
On 12/23/2022 at 6:21 PM, BloodyMary said:

i hope so, its annoying to see there are many songs not even getting 1m daily streams featured on TTH while miss bloody mary fighting for ha dear life :oscar:

They could be waiting til the winter freeze ends.

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 12,808
On 12/23/2022 at 11:21 PM, BloodyOreo said:

My theory is that songs from old albums aren't considered as profitable as songs from new albums that can help sell them + eventually support a tour, which is where the big money comes from. A song for an old album is probably not considered as relevant, unless it's a RUTH type of smash. 

They did invest in radio and some playlisting on AM so I don't know, maybe that's not it. 

It took a month for them to invest in RUTH that had TikTok AND a smash series. I think it’s harder with older songs, interscope most definitely responded to BM, so we can’t say this is them now

Spoiler

Spotify is a bit more ‘balanced’, but Curators on Spotify have never been particularly kind to Gaga, especially compared to other artists. think about her first proper pop album in streaming had two of their flagship artists, that’s not being OGH’d to point it out, that was tactics for curators too. 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 2

On 12/24/2022 at 2:26 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

It took a month for them to invest in RUTH that had TikTok AND a smash series. I think it’s harder with older songs, interscope most definitely responded to BM, so we can’t say this is them now

Spotify is a bit more ‘balanced’, but Curators on Spotify have never been particularly kind to Gaga, especially compared to other artists. think about her first proper pop album in streaming had two of their flagship artists, that’s not being OGH’d to point it out, that was tactics for curators too. 

they would do anything for $$$ and miss bloody mary already did more than 200k for them she can pay for her own playlisting! 

A Popster Is Born 13,405
x2

It also depends on theme/origin of the trend.

Like if the trend or song itself is more sexual and adult-like, its gonna stick more; cause you have more variety in age groups and such vs trends the kids are into rn. Some good examples are like Streets, Under The Influence, Can We Talk.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,101
On 12/23/2022 at 6:05 PM, BloodyMary said:

so what do u guys think for 0 playlisting this friday + no big playlists overall?

is it interscope or spotify? i think its interscope.

Things are pretty much frozen at this time of year anyway. If they're going to spend money promoting, prob best to wait til after Christmas. :oops:

• paws up 2

On 12/24/2022 at 2:30 AM, Imtired1616 said:

Things are pretty much frozen at this time of year anyway. If they're going to spend money promoting, prob best to wait til after Christmas. :oops:

i hope spotify starts their new year with cleaning up the songs that are barely getting 600-900k daily streams and sitting top of their playlists :oops:

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 13,405
x2

Sometimes I blame Wednesday.

Cause if the series came out mid-October. Bloody Mary would prob ushered into being a Halloween signature bop. 

+ entering multiple Halloween playlist and TTH

• paws up 3

Popster to Popster 3,101
On 12/23/2022 at 6:35 PM, BloodyMary said:

i hope spotify starts their new year with cleaning up the songs that are barely getting 600-900k daily streams and sitting top of their playlists :oops:

You know they won't. Gotta push some of these pop girlies 'hits' before Grammys. :oops: 

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 44,660
On 12/23/2022 at 11:39 PM, Twitter said:

Sometimes I blame Wednesday.

Cause if the series came out mid-October. Bloody Mary would prob ushered into being a Halloween signature bop. 

+ entering multiple Halloween playlist and TTH

Pretty sure it will anyway. It's funny because leading up to Halloween we were talking about how bad Gaga deserves at least one Halloween classic. Since Bloody Mary was getting cute increases already we even mentioned how fitting the song was. Now it's 100% going to be plastered in every halloween playlist next year imo. It might even help Bad Romance cement herself more as well, who knows. 

Edited by BloodyOreo
  • paws up 2
  • love 3

Popster for Sale 57,181
On 12/24/2022 at 12:40 AM, BloodyMary said:

coming for SILVER in UK , PLATINUM in US 

a certified SMASH :oscar:

If the streams don't collapse BM should reach Platinum in the US by February or March

Silver in the UK by the same time

Surely a cute Gold cert in France too for another major market soon

Edited by Fame Romance
  • paws up 4
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 3

Popster to Popster 4,620

They finally took off that bomb of 'Hold me Closer' from TTH, 4 months of playlisting there only to do 'Hold My Hands' numbers (sans the Youtube views), her delusional stans really thought it was another 'Cold Heart' :toofunny: while saying that 'Rain on Me' is a forgotten bomb at 900M streams.

• lol 8

On 12/24/2022 at 2:45 AM, Fame Romance said:

If the streams don't collapse BM should reach Platinum in the US by February or March

Silver in the UK by the same time

Surely a cute Gold cert in France too for another major market soon

its so funny how its doing x10 better than her last 2 lead singles without gag lifting her finger :laughga:

interscope is on shame! :laughga:

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 57,181
On 12/24/2022 at 12:47 AM, BloodyMary said:

its so funny how its doing x10 better than her last 2 lead singles without gag lifting her finger :laughga:

interscope is on shame! :laughga:

SL tanked but it reached UK Silver in 2 months which will be faster than BM

US Platinum in 5 months, BM has the advantage of ~400k pre-trend US units

On 12/24/2022 at 4:45 AM, Leptine said:

They finally took off that bomb of 'Hold me Closer' from TTH, 4 months of playlisting there only to do 'Hold My Hands' numbers (sans the Youtube views), her delusional stans really thought it was another 'Cold Heart' :toofunny: while saying that 'Rain on Me' is a forgotten bomb at 900M streams.

Brit stans live in their own world, they believe Work Bit*h is a classic :toofunny:

• lol 4

Popster for Sale 44,660

not me hearing through my cousin that madonna is looking to sell her catalogue :icant:

edit: just found recent interviews of her saying she would never do it so something is not clicking 

Edited by BloodyOreo
  • lol 2