Charts Thread - Stream Bloody Mary and Applause (Make Em Touch Remix) 👏🙌

Stats4LG

Popster for Sale 45,015
On 12/21/2022 at 11:23 AM, Andreu said:

BM has 14 Christmas songs above on Spotify WW

the fact that it wouldn't match it's peak (25) even without them, it really has peaked there

I blame the U.S. 

Edited by BloodyOreo
  • sad 1

ARTPOPster 1,577

I still think it’s expected for it to lose streams as we get closer to Christmas, because people will switch more and more to listening to Christmas music. I remember when we expected it to fall out of the top 50 already. 

• paws up 1

Play Date" is a song by American singer-songwriter Melanie Martinez from the deluxe edition of her debut album, Cry Baby (2015). In April 2020, the song gained popularity due to its use in an edit of actor Timothée Chalamet which led to its widespread use on the video-sharing app TikTok, receiving over 1.9 billion views for the month.[1] On May 1, 2020, the song was certified Gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for selling over 500,000 units in the United States. This was followed by Platinum and later 2× Platinum in 2022, for selling over 2,000,000 equivalent units in the United States.[2]

so they added melanie’s 5 year old song to TTH before when it went viral 

+ RUTH

there is always hope for TTH 

:santa:

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 45,015
On 12/21/2022 at 11:29 AM, gagajandro25 said:

I still think it’s expected for it to lose streams as we get closer to Christmas, because people will switch more and more to listening to Christmas music. I remember when we expected it to fall out of the top 50 already. 

The thing is, the song isn't losing positions because of that since no Christmas song surpassed it today, it's just losing steam so we should probably adjust our expectations for it going forward. 

• paws up 2

On 12/21/2022 at 12:29 PM, gagajandro25 said:

Not true, other songs lost like 20-40k from last week

• sad 1