On 12/18/2022 at 10:03 PM, Adarsh said:

First win for HMH. More to come :applause:

On 12/18/2022 at 10:10 PM, LGMonster95 said:

This is actually its 2nd win, the first one was this 

Come on, O word awards. I’m begging.

• love 2

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 12/18/2022 at 11:04 PM, BloodyOreo said:

I know this is an unpopular opinion but I think TEOG is great tbh, it's very simple but effective, much like the song.

Fair enough, I was talking about my own taste but I actually acknowledge that others might think differently and It's ok

Popster to Popster 4,699

Current BOS prediction according to awardswatch:

1. RRR – “Naatu Naatu” (Variance Films) – CCA, GG
2. Top Gun: Maverick – “Hold My Hand” (Paramount Pictures) – CCA, GG, HMMA
3. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – “Lift Me Up” (Walt Disney/Marvel Studios) – CCA, GG, HMMA
4. Guillermo Del Toro’s Pinocchio – “Ciao Papa” (Netflix) – CCA, GG, HMMA
5. Tell It Like a Woman – “Applause” (Samuel Goldwyn Films) – HMMA
6. Where the Crawdads Sing – “Carolina” (Columbia Pictures) – CCA, GG, HMMA

• paws up 4

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 12/18/2022 at 11:20 PM, Thrasher said:

I remember I wasn’t even disappointed for MR video, I was just relieved it finally came out since the song was out for 2.5 months at that point and I feared it would have ended like DWUW :bebe:

Same, I just wanted the video out and in the end at least the video reached over 300m views so it was worth it.

Popster This Way 900

I feel like the only music video I genuinely dislike from Gaga is the Million Reasons video. I think the connection to Perfect Illusion is cute but it just feels so phoned in.

I still don't get the hate for the Stupid Love video though. It feels like a 90s power ranger episode in all the best ways.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,424
On 12/18/2022 at 10:29 PM, Dean Spookchester said:

I read somewhere the TEOG video was originally supposed to be the concept for MTN but someone might have lied to me

They lied to you i think. It was supposed to have an elaborate concept, but a different one.

• thanks 1

Popster This Way 900
On 12/18/2022 at 4:29 PM, Dean Spookchester said:

I read somewhere the TEOG video was originally supposed to be the concept for MTN but someone might have lied to me

That would make sense. The way TEOG video was slapped together last minute, it would make sense Gaga and her team used what they had.

• paws up 1

On 12/18/2022 at 5:30 PM, Andreu said:

They lied to you i think. It was supposed to have an elaborate concept, but a different one.

On 12/18/2022 at 5:32 PM, Ethel said:

That would make sense. The way TEOG video was slapped together last minute, it would make sense Gaga and her team used what they had.

Well it was at night and she looked like she was in a New York block (granted it could be any city) but N E ways

Popstanne 8,018
On 12/18/2022 at 10:29 PM, Dean Spookchester said:

Unused concepts from TEOG were re-used in both Y&I and MTN iirc. I vaguely remember hearing somewhere that TEOG was supposed to have a hospital/asylum scene similar to the one used in MTN And the mermaid concept ofcourse which was re-used in Y&I

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

On 12/18/2022 at 10:37 PM, JennyWayne said:

Unused concepts from TEOG were re-used in both Y&I and MTN iirc. I vaguely remember hearing somewhere that TEOG was supposed to have a hospital/asylum scene similar to the one used in MTN And the mermaid concept ofcourse which was re-used in Y&I

Correct.

Apparently she had a fight with Khan over the direction so the MV was cancelled days before they were supposed to start filming. And since they were in a rush to put out a video cuz Judas was bombing, she had no choice but to film a very simple video.

I still like her look and the colors in that video, could've been a great tour visualiser.

• thanks 1