Charts Thread - Stream Bloody Mary and Applause (Make Em Touch Remix) 👏🙌

Stats4LG

On 12/18/2022 at 5:22 PM, Adarsh said:

Literally all the Swifties and Lana stans on twitter dragged Gaga and Ariana to the pits when it did 15M first day. Let’s not rewrite history now :rip:

Oh that. But you said they said it would be bigger than ROM. Why would anyone think an album track would be bigger than an official single? :rip:

And isnt it impressive its still in top 200 most streamed songs WW even with like a 100 Xmas songs above it?

I dont see the point of dragging it.

Popstanne 9,418
On 12/18/2022 at 1:19 PM, Dean Spookchester said:

Also at the time when she was extremely hated by the mainstream public and unsupported by the industry. :excuseme:

As opposed to end-2011/2012 when everybody loved her?

Edited by Lazz Monster

Popster for Sale 57,132
On 12/18/2022 at 5:35 PM, Bojana said:

Monthly Listeners 

51,864,236 (+327,633)

She jumped to #21(+1) today

On 12/18/2022 at 5:43 PM, MaryJaneHolland said:

Does she have a chance to enter the top20 someday?

On 12/18/2022 at 5:48 PM, OliverDespechao said:

After xmas :toofunny: 8 days to go :giveup::giveup:

She will be #20 tomorrow or on Tuesday

Chris Brown is #20 with 52.066M and gained 100k today

• paws up 7
  • yaas, gaga 2
  • love 2

On 12/18/2022 at 12:34 PM, Lazz Monster said:

As opposed to end-2011/2012 when everybody loved her?

The hate she got at that time wasn't as bad as 2013 because at that point Katy, Miley, and later, Bey were all used against her. The media smear campaign (Angela Cheng, Interscope losing $25M, and Oscars Most Unwelcome) were significantly more hateful. Against Madonna in '12, some of the GP were rooting for Gaga as an underdog. And she still had the BTW tour which was massive.

Plus BTW is getting a renaissance now yet MTN is not getting any closer to its milestones. The fact that we have multiple platforms and it's consistent really tells us how bad it is for MTN.

And by the way, don't misunderstand my intent. It wasn't to pit MTN vs GUY because I like MTN more. I'm just lamenting how bad MTN has it.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

On 12/18/2022 at 11:07 AM, Stats4LG said:

Is there anything in particular that has led to ARTPOP’s recent rise in daily streams? :whatga:

I think Gen Z is discovering Lady Gaga's catalog for the first time (thanks to BM), and the harder sh!t is getting appreciated more for the first time methinks.

It's like when Dolly Parton guest-starred in Hannah Montana and Millennials became obsessed with Dolly's catalog for the first time.

Or like when Ariana did an impression of Jennifer Coolidge on a late-night show and completely revived her career.

It's honestly really satisfying to see that Gaga's rivals 10 years ago are being forgotten b/c they chased trends while Gaga stayed true to her artistry. It hurt her at the time, but it seems like time really is the ultimate truth teller.

Edited by thehanyo
  • paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 6

On 12/18/2022 at 6:01 PM, thehanyo said:

I think Gen Z is discovering Lady Gaga's catalog for the first time (thanks to BM), and the harder sh!t is getting appreciated more for the first time methinks.

It's like when Dolly Parton guest-starred in Hannah Montana and Millennials became obsessed with Dolly's catalog for the first time.

No, Applause has a viral sound, this video was uploaded yesterday, over 300k likes

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMFt8LNT4/

• paws up 1

On 12/18/2022 at 3:42 PM, Bojana said:

kinda new trend using judas: 

if you click on the sound, its full of people using this filter

Oh wow! I think this sound is gaining FAST!? When you shared it, I think the sound had around 15K videos, now it has 18,1K videos! I hope I’m not being paranoid. @Dean Spookchester maybe there’s still hope for Miss Judas! :excited: I’ll track the sound from now on!

Chicago Bulls Basketball GIF

• paws up 4
  • thanks 1