Charts Thread - Stream Bloody Mary and Applause (Make Em Touch Remix) 👏🙌

Stats4LG

On 12/17/2022 at 7:21 PM, monketsharona said:

I can't with people trying to 'forget' Chromatica's success when it actually did more than good. 

ROM is a hit and anybody trying to say otherwise is probably very pressed. 

At the end of the day, ROM will be one of the seven +1B streamed songs that Gaga will achieve in the upcoming years: ROM, BR, Shallow, ARUTW, PF, JD (& Bloody Mary hihi).

Others don't even have one +1B streamed song if it's not a collab for other artists. :cm:

Edited by Ms I am a local
  • paws up 5
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 14,831
On 12/17/2022 at 7:24 PM, chartgaga said:

going 48M to 15M in a week wasn't good...

ROM fizzled very fast

SL was abandonned after first week and then died a quick death when radio dropped it

Chromatica crawled to a platinum certification in US, was also underwhelming in UK with less than 200k, the album is now pulling 3k weekly in US and is on its way to depart the Top Dance/Electronic album by next year at the rate it's declining

Chromatica's numbers feel better than reality because we lack monster album smashed from that period, like it's SOUR and crickets from 2020

The fact that the Bloody Mary main viral sound is still growing / being stable with very good numbers still is giving me hope. When the update drops today, I know of a certain someone who is gonna look like this, may the streaming farms help them:

8f2fecb441adcec645e2c6b77c3714b1.jpg

Edited by Ms I am a local
  • lol 3

Pop-a-911-ster 29,006
x3

Chromatica numbers are good for an album with zero promotion, a lead single that leaked a month before it's release, never really got promoted, was terrible and etc. A second single that also wasn't promoted and an era with no promo and etc. 

Chromatica could have been a smash album but unfortunately the circumstances weren't in our favours. But still it did more that decent cause it's a good album

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 13,405
x2

I wish Bloody Mary-Wednesday challenge happened around Halloween. It prob would be 3x bigger but oh well.

• yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 12/17/2022 at 7:28 PM, danwasd said:

Chromatica's numbers feel better than reality because we lack monster album smashed from that period, like it's SOUR and crickets from 2020

I mean in US and UK, folklore smashed

Future Nostalgia was mainly helped by continuous singles released and reeditions

I think Chromatica was always meant to be frontloaded, even the era was, she literally planned it to be "March-August 2020" and then onto Gucci

but it could have done better imo with better visuals (not the album shoot which was amazing but more the music videos which were not great apart 911) and they need to stop cattering to Pop Radios which won't ever fully support her without a check after callouts (if those still exist since Beyoncé made them disappear after BMS)

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,006
x3
On 12/17/2022 at 7:32 PM, Twitter said:

I wish Bloody Mary-Wednesday challenge happened around Halloween. It prob would be 3x bigger but oh well.

Off topic posts may lead to wps. 

Pls, refrain from derailing the thread. 

Post your Gaga thoughts on the corresponding thread: 

Spoiler

:katy:

Pop-a-911-ster 27,681
On 12/17/2022 at 7:24 PM, chartgaga said:

going 48M to 15M in a week wasn't good...

ROM fizzled very fast

SL was abandonned after first week and then died a quick death when radio dropped it

Chromatica crawled to a platinum certification in US, was also underwhelming in UK with less than 200k, the album is now pulling 3k weekly in US and is on its way to depart the Top Dance/Electronic album by next year at the rate it's declining

Yes, the album was frontloaded, but that also has to do with the fact, that its last WW single was released 1 week before the album release.

Rain On Me was a worldwide hit single and the albums has +850k pure sales and ~3.3B streams (Spotify + YouTube).

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,006
x3
On 12/17/2022 at 7:34 PM, Twitter said:

Did we forget how big After Hours was in 2020 lol.

But it had a Shallow type of timeless classic aka Blinding Lights, which Chromatica lacked

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 12/17/2022 at 7:31 PM, little legend said:

Chromatica numbers are good for an album with zero promotion, a lead single that leaked a month before it's release, never really got promoted, was terrible and etc. A second single that also wasn't promoted and an era with no promo and etc. 

Chromatica could have been a smash album but unfortunately the circumstances weren't in our favours. But still it did more that decent cause it's a good album

zero?

Lady Gaga's New Apple Music Radio Show Pays Homage to Her 'Chromatica'  Inspirations – Billboard

32 Chromatica's posters ideas

Lady Gaga: 'Chromatica' and Revisiting Her Previous Records | Apple Music -  YouTube

See Lady Gaga Talk 'Chromatica,' New Book on 'CBS Sunday Morning' – Rolling  Stone

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 18,435

Chromatica did well, was a ww hit with multiple hit singles. Yes, SL was a hit in some countries. 

It should have achieved better numbers. It we all know what happened with the world back then and how Gaga treated the era.

Chromatica was just as frontloaded as her every other release since 2013, including Joanne, excluding ASIB. 

The album did more than good.

• paws up 4
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 12/17/2022 at 8:24 PM, Adarsh said:

It’s the same with little monsters pretending HOG was a panned flop when it’s still the highest earning R-rated drama of this decade. 

Yeah Rain On Me did pretty f*cking good imo, it might not have the stability of Shallow to say it like that but It's still an iconic collab that went #1, like back during the Joanne era we all DREAMED for another #1 song, overall I am extremely happy that she got to have multiple #1's later on in her career.

• paws up 6
  • thanks 2
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 18,435
On 12/17/2022 at 7:35 PM, Gagacharts said:

Yes, the album was frontloaded, but that also has to do with the fact, that its last WW single was released 1 week before the album release.

Rain On Me was a worldwide hit single and the albums has +850k pure sales and ~3.3B streams (Spotify + YouTube).

It’s like they only have short term memory in them.

• love 1

A Popster Is Born 18,435
On 12/17/2022 at 7:39 PM, LGMonster95 said:

Yeah Rain On Me did pretty f*cking good imo, it might not have the stability of Shallow to say it like that but It's still an iconic collab that went #1, like back during the Joanne era we all DREAMED for another #1 song, overall I am extremely happy that she got to have multiple #1's later on in her career.

Exactly.