Charts Thread - Stream Bloody Mary and Applause (Make Em Touch Remix) 👏🙌

Stats4LG

Is there a world in which Gaga's team actually doesn't want her older more controversial songs at the forefront right now? I only say that b/c she spent literal years trying to rebrand into a more "general audiences" kind of star. For example, Chromatica was her first album with no curse words. It's possible they're only putting it on all those viral or teen playlists-- and trying to keep the exposure/reach to only teenagers and 20-somethings who (1) are less likely to be offended and (2) aren't Academy voters.

Probably not, but the thought crossed my mind after noticing it's gotten a lot of its playlisting from teen-targeted playlists.

On 12/16/2022 at 2:18 AM, Gypsy Life said:

The only viral songs that got playlist support are RUTH (a month after pulling 8M updates) and Fist Brown's Under The Influence (a song from 2019 so not very old & can be considered current)

Another Love (2012)
Die For You (2016)
Mockingbird (2004)
I Wanna Be Yours (2012)
Sweater Weather (2013)

All songs that are currently doing 2M+ for months and are in 0 Hot Hits or TTH. 

So again, don't get your hopes up for BM, even after Xmas. There's no precedent for it.

On 12/16/2022 at 2:21 AM, BloodyMary said:

thats my only worry. 

RUTH was truly so massive they just had no choice but add it to every playlists it was simply #1 for weeks.

i was actually so surprised the weekend wasnt on TTH. Spotify seems to support whatever he put out. 

lets see whats gonna happen for us in future :oops:

but then again 

Bloody Mary & RUTH are only songs that are featured in Spotify’s New Year’s Eve 2023 playlist. 

thats something :oscar:

On 12/15/2022 at 8:18 PM, Gypsy Life said:

The only viral songs that got playlist support are RUTH (a month after pulling 8M updates) and Fist Brown's Under The Influence (a song from 2019 so not very old & can be considered current)

Another Love (2012)
Die For You (2016)
Mockingbird (2004)
I Wanna Be Yours (2012)
Sweater Weather (2013)

So again, don't get your hopes up for BM, even after Xmas. There's no precedent for it.

we have a long way then, anyway if this become stable and radios keep pushing it we are fine,

about to hit 100 pages huh nice:applause:

• paws up 1

On 12/16/2022 at 4:21 AM, thehanyo said:

Is there a world in which Gaga's team actually doesn't want her older more controversial songs at the forefront right now? I only say that b/c she spent literal years trying to rebrand into a more "general audiences" kind of star. For example, Chromatica was her first album with no curse words. It's possible they're only putting it on all those viral or teen playlists-- and trying to keep the exposure/reach to only teenagers and 20-somethings who (1) are less likely to be offended and (2) aren't Academy voters.

Probably not, but the thought crossed my mind after noticing it's gotten a lot of its playlisting from teen-targeted playlists.

She just did tiktok to it, her serviced it to radio and pushing it on playlisting as minimal it is.

Also she doesn't seem to have problem using curse words or being ranchy in her Jazz shows 

On 12/15/2022 at 3:18 PM, Gypsy Life said:

Another Love (2012)
Die For You (2016)
Mockingbird (2004)
I Wanna Be Yours (2012)
Sweater Weather (2013)

I’m still cautious but Hot Hits Brasil is a good sign for now, no?

On 12/15/2022 at 3:31 PM, Artur said:

I really don't get the hype 

The power of the GeePee wanting tickets in addition to the fanbase. People that i’ve never even heard mention Taylor before were wanting tickets to see this tour. Glad i got my tickets in the first round :bigbird:

On 12/16/2022 at 12:21 AM, thehanyo said:

or maybe its on teen playlists because it went viral on a teen app?

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,967
On 12/16/2022 at 1:34 AM, Arturo said:

I’m still cautious but Hot Hits Brasil is a good sign for now, no?

Yes, so is Pop Up (another Brazil-centered playlist), so clearly Brazilian curators like her :jailga: but we need at least another country to give us hope

• paws up 1

Imagine Gaga promoting Bloody Mary; going to award shows, accepting awards and performing… Now you don’t have to because I used AI to do that and some of these looks are amazing. 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMFsWE2Kc/

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmMyKPNKpWD/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

And I used the sound too :oscar:

Edited by 0707alp
  • paws up 4

On 12/15/2022 at 6:38 PM, Bojana said:

or maybe its on teen playlists because it went viral on a teen app?

Spotify does that organically already. Labels pay to put songs on playlists in the hopes they'll reach NEW audiences, not the ones that already listen to it.