Charts Thread - Stream all of Gagas songs!

Stats4LG

A Popster Is Born 10,645
On 12/6/2022 at 5:46 PM, thehanyo said:

Y'all fighting over RedOne, Bloodpop, DJWS, Garibay, etc., and I'm over here wishing she'd make an entire album with Hillary Lindsay, Natalie Hemby and Lori McKenna. They gave us ARUTW and MR. The GP would eat it up and we could take a massive bite out of Taylor's audience.

You know as much as me than Taylor's audience won't even touch Lady Gaga's pop folk just because it's that genre. On the contrary. Most of them hate Lady Gaga so bad. Anything she does. 

It's not because Taylor is successful in that music genre Lady Gaga would be. Like we have seen pop vocal Lady Gaga tends to be a hit or a big miss. Most people who loved ASIB project were not booked on HMH release (which was a big surprise to me honestly). 

The safe bet as of now to grab gen Z, is what they are actually loving from her lately : they literally made trend of Bloody Mary, Just Dance, LoveGame, Judas and Government Hooker in 2022. Even more comparing how TF, TFM and BTW are her most popular things in 2022 on streaming  services (contrary to ARTPOP or Joanne who have some issues being appealing to them as of now). The dark electro dance Gaga road is the safer. No need to be an expert in charts or anything to see it tbh...

Edited by monketsharona
  • paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,387
On 12/6/2022 at 6:00 PM, joesuda said:

Manifesting it is more NFR, BTD and Ultraviolence than Lust For Life, COTCC and Blue Banisters

I agree we need another BTD or UV bit the title is giving me Chemtrails vibes :bebe: hope I am wrong 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,205
On 12/6/2022 at 11:58 AM, little legend said:

Gaga trying for almost a decade to win the christian soccer moms with songs like Million Reasons, Shallow and I'll Never Love Again and trying to introduce a new image of her being a good Christian, only to Bloody Mary being randomly viral and people starting to call her again that she is satanic and etc:icant::icant:

The soccer mom and dad in front of me at Chroma Ball walked out after Alice....:katy:

• shook 1
  • lol 6

Moderator 3,690
On 12/6/2022 at 7:08 PM, Andreu said:

I agree we need another BTD or UV bit the title is giving me Chemtrails vibes :bebe: hope I am wrong 

I saw some tweets on the bird app that said that all of the tracks should be new/original/recent (made during the last 2 years). I remember COCC having multiple old reworked songs so at least it won't be that.

It will be interesting to see which direction she will head in, Blue Banisters did have Interlude - the Trio which is a soundscape I'd like to hear more fully fleshed out from her.

A Popster Is Born 10,645
On 12/6/2022 at 6:12 PM, Imtired1616 said:

The soccer mom and dad in front of me at Chroma Ball walked out after Alice....:katy:

Imagine paying hunded dollars for a ticket and walking out when of of her best songs from her latest album is played. Taste jumped out as well. 

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 12/6/2022 at 7:05 PM, monketsharona said:

Most people who loved ASIB project were not booked on HMH release (which was a big surprise to me honestly). 

Because HMH is not from ASIB, as simple as that, people loved ASIB that much because of the love interest and the movie itself which gived the soundtrack a lot of exposure. If Gaga releases another ballad like the ones from ASIB, It's not gonna be guaranteed that the GP will make it successful, she needs the promo etc.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,205
On 12/6/2022 at 12:15 PM, monketsharona said:

Imagine paying hunded dollars for a ticket and walking out when of of her best songs from her latest album is played. Taste jumped out as well. 

They thought she was doing Million Reasons 22 times :katy: 

• lol 2

On 12/6/2022 at 12:05 PM, monketsharona said:

You know as much as me than Taylor's audience won't even touch Lady Gaga's pop folk just because it's that genre. On the contrary. Most of them hate Lady Gaga so bad. Anything she does. 

It's not because Taylor is successful in that music genre Lady Gaga would be. Like we have seen pop vocal Lady Gaga tends to be a hit or a big miss. Most people who loved ASIB project were not booked on HMH release (which was a big surprise to me honestly). 

The safe bet as of now to grab gen Z, is what they are actually loving from her lately : they literally made trend of Bloody Mary, Just Dance, LoveGame, Judas and Government Hooker in 2022. Even more comparing how TF, TFM and BTW are her most popular things in 2022 on streaming  services (contrary to ARTPOP or Joanne who have some issues being appealing to them as of now). The dark electro dance Gaga road is the safer. No need to be an expert in charts or anything to see it tbh...

I'll get real:

Spoiler

Taylor only sells because she has always sold the image of the American sweetheart. Her brainless white fans have money and they can buy as many versions of her albums as they want because they won't need that money and they identify with her shallow, overrated lyrics. This MAGA chick will never go down in history because she's been in her comfort zone since she debuted.

Edited by admin
Edited by admin: I've put this comment under a spoiler tag because it is offensive and inappropriate.
  • paws up 4
  • thanks 2

ARTPOPster 1,458
On 12/7/2022 at 1:21 AM, LockUpTheElderly said:

I'll get real: Taylor only sells because she has always sold the image of the American sweetheart. Her brainless white fans have money and they can buy as many versions of her albums as they want because they won't need that money and they identify with her shallow, overrated lyrics. This MAGA chick will never go down in history because she's been in her comfort zone since she debuted.

i detect no lies

A Popster Is Born 10,645
On 12/6/2022 at 6:20 PM, LGMonster95 said:

Because HMH is not from ASIB, as simple as that, people loved ASIB that much because of the love interest and the movie itself which gived the soundtrack a lot of exposure. If Gaga releases another ballad like the ones from ASIB, It's not gonna be guaranteed that the GP will make it successful, she needs the promo etc.

Very true, that said I have to say that Top Gun being like the biggest movie smash in years and the fact she served that very patriotic pop rock ballad (in the line of pop vocal ASIB) was actually a safe bet of getting a bit more success. And I'm sure producers of the movie also bet on this. Surprisingly the successful song from it is a damn generic popish song by One Rep.

• paws up 4

A Popster Is Born 12,829
On 12/6/2022 at 5:21 PM, LockUpTheElderly said:

I'll get real: Taylor only sells because she has always sold the image of the American sweetheart. Her brainless white fans have money and they can buy as many versions of her albums as they want because they won't need that money and they identify with her shallow, overrated lyrics. This MAGA chick will never go down in history because she's been in her comfort zone since she debuted.

I always find it funny Gaga pivoted to this other adult contemporary music her stans said is too local for her brand and it ended up increasing her stronghold in Europe especially. INLA, HMH, shallow, ARUTW (and eventually even MR) are much bigger WW :billie: 

anyways personally I think TikTok is deciding a lot for female pop. Gen Z is in charge of going far on Spotify more than ever, and that’s not great if you’re song doesn’t penetrate FadTok

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 2