Charts Thread - Stream all of Gagas songs!

Stats4LG

On 12/3/2022 at 12:31 AM, Hurem said:

Why would charts include Shazam though? Can you stream the song there? If not, might as well include Google and other search engines as well.

Can you stream a song on a radio station? At least Shazam shows people's almost spontaneous interest in looking for a song they heard and liked and prevents people from being held hostage by radio cartels.

On 12/3/2022 at 12:47 AM, Hurem said:

You can listen to a song on radio though. While I do agree that radio basically became an easy way for labels to buy Hot 100 points, people still consume music through radio - and Hot 100 is a consumption chart.

Ofc, radio stations push the artist who pays the most down the public's throat, it's simple. There's a reason radio has only been a chart component in the US/Canada and Germany, more recently.

On 12/3/2022 at 4:06 AM, Hurem said:

Shazam
WW: #1 (+1)
US: #14 (+8)
UK: #13 (+10)

HOLZOAN :giveup:

On 12/3/2022 at 5:47 AM, Hurem said:

You can listen to a song on radio though. While I do agree that radio basically became an easy way for labels to buy Hot 100 points, people still consume music through radio - and Hot 100 is a consumption chart.

Including Shazam would make sense for some type of digital/viral chart or something of the sort.

I see your point but think about it. You realize that if you're shazaming a song it means you are listening to it right, so yes it is music consumption because it indicates someone is listening to a song, and liked it so much they wanted to know the name.

Popster to Popster 3,926
On 12/2/2022 at 9:42 PM, zoldyck said:

Despite its been Thursday, lot of songs went down:

Unholy (-130k)

Anti-Hero (-200k)

I am Good (-50k)

Rich Flex (-200k)

cuff it (-30k)

Lift Me Up (-150k)

All thing considered, 90K gain is really amazing. 

On 12/3/2022 at 11:22 AM, ARTPOP said:

I see your point but think about it. You realize that if you're shazaming a song it means you are listening to it right, so yes it is music consumption because it indicates someone is listening to a song, and liked it so much they wanted to know the name.

You honestly don't understand why 1 shazam =/= 1 stream?

e-QFFru-Dx0m04vgid-W788-FQ-r.thumb.jpg.a

On 12/2/2022 at 7:16 PM, LGMonster95 said:

At this point its on y'all if you jump at every single update that she posts. I usually just watch/read her stuff and then react

Don't make me feel unreasonable to expect that she was going to post a story about Bloody Mary yesterday. I know you always like to defend her but she doesn't need defending, we love her, and it's totally normal to express mild disappointment when an expectation is unmet and we get house laboratories two days in a row when something almost unprecedented is happening with one of her best songs. It's not the end of the world.

• thanks 1
  • love 1