Charts Thread - Stream all of Gagas songs!

Stats4LG

On 11/16/2022 at 8:18 PM, Sour Candy said:

Too bad her last album could only chart for 11 weeks having one of the biggest hits of the year :laughga: and yet cosidering a hit 

Its 2022, who cares about albums. Its more than enough to have one of the biggest hits of the year with each of your eras to keep going. The other 5H girlies have yet to release their debut albums and Camila started recording her 4th one recently :laughga:

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 10,260
On 11/16/2022 at 4:16 PM, monketsharona said:

Just my opinion but with Chromatica I feel like she wanted to be in the same level of cohesiveness than TFM and Born This Way. It definitely deserved the visual project treatment and a side B with some more experimental tracks. 

This one was a project that she should have milked a lot more. It had all the potential. 

I mean, BTW is my favorite album ever and I'll defend it to my dying breath, but cohesive is not an adjective you can use to describe it :ohyes:

Edited by Lazz Monster

On 11/16/2022 at 8:25 PM, Lazz Monster said:

I mean, BTW is my favorite album ever and I'll defend it to my dying breath, but cohesive is not an adjective you can use to describe it :ohyes:

I meant in all it's globality (visual, sounds, themes). But I do agree Chromatica is much more cohevise as an album. Not a criticism for BTW. But a good point for Chromatica. 

• paws up 1
  • love 1

One other thing I would have changed is Joanne as a project : I would have give all the creative production of it to Mark Ronson, Tame Impala and Father John Misty to make it a total alternative pop rock album. With less pop influences. And I would have released the dark futuristic EDM b-side EP with the RedOne tracks for Coachella show. It would have totally fitted to the versatility side of her persona at the time.

• thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 11/16/2022 at 8:37 PM, monketsharona said:

One other thing I would have changed is Joanne as a project : I would have give all the creative production of it to Mark Ronson, Tame Impala and Father John Misty to make it a total alternative pop rock album. With less pop influences. And I would have released the dark futuristic EDM b-side EP with the RedOne tracks for Coachella show. It would have totally fitted to the versatility side of her persona at the time.

Joanne was “ruined” by Bloodpop

• thanks 1

On 11/16/2022 at 8:54 PM, chartgaga said:

Joanne was “ruined” by Bloodpop

I honestly feel like Lady Gaga was kind of lost creatively at the time she had one foot it pop and one foot in alternative genres. I think Bobby said that she was still wondering were she was going late 2015 while she already had a full album almost ready. And it was confirmed later when she said she asked BloodPop adding some 'TFM' vibes in Joanne with DIC production (well it wasn't like a bit TFMish :enigma:)

She should have stuck to her original album with the full futuristic dark pop album and make another alternative pop rock project with Mark and other proper producers once she was totally ready for it. 

A Popster Is Born 18,594

I am glad Blood gave his touch to Joanne, it would be unlistenable for me without this modern twist. I wouldn’t bare the acoustic 70’s vibes, as it was desrcibed before BP came into the picture, but I get people who wanted it to stay this way. 

• thanks 1

On 11/17/2022 at 12:24 AM, Swallow said:

Its 2022, who cares about albums. Its more than enough to have one of the biggest hits of the year with each of your eras to keep going. The other 5H girlies have yet to release their debut albums and Camila started recording her 4th one recently :laughga:

The way other 5H girls will always used to showcase her success. At least you are aware she doesn't belong in conversation with Dua, Olivia, Billie or Doja. 

• lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,432
On 11/16/2022 at 8:37 PM, monketsharona said:

I think you could argue the same for every album post btw: artpop couldve been better if it was less tame and Chromatica too

• thanks 1

On 11/16/2022 at 9:00 PM, zoldyck said:

The way other 5H girls will always used to showcase her success. At least you are aware she doesn't belong in conversation with Dua, Olivia, Billie or Doja. 

She doesn't belong with them and yet she had not one but two hits bigger than any hit they ever released :laughga:

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 45,027
On 11/16/2022 at 8:02 PM, Andreu said:

I think you could argue the same for every album post btw: artpop couldve been better if it was less tame and Chromatica too

I agree, I think she needs to let loose and not catter to pop radio

and I think the public will react well to it, despite what she / her label fears 

Edited by HoldMyOreos
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,608

Daily Spotify Update - November 15
Shallow — 1,939,011,374 (+825,241)
Just Dance — 648,370,661 (+665,205)
ARUTW — 857,727,262 (+614,886)
Poker Face — 802,297,806 (+571,380)
Bad Romance — 834,860,781 (+539,428)
Judas — 233,958,552 (+502,085)
Hold My Hand — 143,930,821 (+462,337)

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 13

A Popster Is Born 18,594
On 11/16/2022 at 9:07 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

I agree, I think she needs to let loose and not catter to pop radio

and I think the public will react well to it, despite what she / her label fears 

If she will drop the radio friendly sound (which I am here for), then she will most probably suffer from yet another, possibly the biggest yet frontloaded release. There is a legit danger with that, but a change would be a nice mix up.

Edited by DonnieDarko

Popster for Sale 45,027
On 11/16/2022 at 8:14 PM, DonnieDarko said:

If she will drop the radio friendly sound (which I am here for), then she will most probably suffer from yet another, possibly the biggest yet frontloaded release. There is a legit danger with that, but a change would be a nice mix up.

she will most likely suffer a frontloaded release either way so I'd rather her push herself artistically and serve something different and exciting

but it is more likely that she'll release a commercial  album 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,833

I actually love how Joanne turned out to be with songs like Joanne, Million Reasons, Perfect Illusion, John Wayne (I love a good ballad and also bangers like PI) there's some songs that I don't appreciate that much aswell but overall It's one of her best imo

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 11/16/2022 at 9:24 PM, LGMonster95 said:

I actually love how Joanne turned out to be with songs like Joanne, Million Reasons, Perfect Illusion, John Wayne (I love a good ballad and also bangers like PI) there's some songs that I don't appreciate that much aswell but overall It's one of her best imo

Joanne is in my top 3 albums tbh, I love all sides of it but something feels like she indeed didn't know if she could go full country/folk or still be pop