Charts Thread - Stream all of Gagas songs!

Stats4LG

We have to admit it, everyone, esp. artists at their peak popularity did a lot of chart manipulation, some more, some less. Mariah Carey has no.1 songs, due to discounts in the 90s, then in the 00s, Radio airplay was Payola and the main reason of all these early 00s #1 songs. Then on iTunes era, remixes became a way to boost a song on the chart.  Taylor doing it more often is seen weird sometimes because it seems (from the numbers her albums are pulling) she doesn’t need it.

How can you move 1.6m Album units in a week and care for a song to spend 3 weeks #1, instead of 2. It is giving a bit too much within the context of her success.

Edited by Gaga Banana
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 11/11/2022 at 1:19 PM, Gaga Banana said:

We have to admit it, everyone, esp. artists at their peak popularity did a lot of chart manipulation, some more, some less. Mariah Carey has no.1 songs, due to discounts in the 90s, then in the 00s, Radio airplay was Payola and the main reason of all these early 00s #1 songs. Then on iTunes era, remixes became a way to boost a song on the chart.  Taylor doing it more often is seen weird sometimes because it seems (from the numbers her albums are pulling) she doesn’t need it.

How can you move 1.6m Album units in a week and care for a song to spend 3 weeks #1, instead of 2. It is giving a bit too much within the context of her success.

Taylor doesn’t need it but she’s so insecure it’s annoying and trust me Swifties are also tired of it (well the sane ones)

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 11/11/2022 at 1:26 PM, Lazz Monster said:

What do you mean?

Olivia and Taylor never interacted ever again after that, even stopped mentioning herself as a Swiftie

my guess is that they both agreed it needed to be stopped cause she would forever be linked to “she’s a Swiftie” and not “it’s Olivia Rodrigo”!

or maybe bad blood.mp3 

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 11/11/2022 at 1:17 PM, Ms I am a local said:

Well, it's still more elaborate than the last 2 sings released by a certain someone for a famous film, that's what happens when you are a producer and composer and you care about your art methinks.

Ohhhh... Now you are judging a woman for expressing her sexuality? Ummm... That's not very feminist coming from a swiftie :sad:

Nothing wrong about expressing her sexuality but gosh don’t make a Disney sounding ballad about how it’s good to feel his piercing inside her

On 11/11/2022 at 3:07 PM, Dean Spookchester said:

When Gaga herself stops being allergic to optimizing her sales/streams

She don't care, she's been there and done that. LITERALLY.

Like, no one cares 10 years in except Taylor Swift and boy is that woman greedy

atrl9.thumb.gif.63889805ef3a9a61ac560219

A Popster Is Born 16,403
On 11/11/2022 at 1:26 PM, Lazz Monster said:

What do you mean?

Well Olivia was talking about being Taylor fan all the time until Taylor dropped bunch of vinyls and versions to block Olivia album from #1 in random evermore week. Since then Olivia never mentioned Taylor again and was dodging the questions about her in the interviews 

• thanks 1

On 11/11/2022 at 8:30 AM, yomama said:

She don't care, she's been there and done that

She stayed on the TTH #1 for months and months on end? Or had better playlisting than other pop acts who are struggling with current material? Wow I must have been in an alternate universe

On 11/11/2022 at 6:04 PM, Dean Spookchester said:

She stayed on the TTH #1 for months and months on end? Or had better playlisting than other pop acts who are struggling with current material? Wow I must have been in an alternate universe

She did all that when she was young (in other ways). She doesn’t care now.

On 11/11/2022 at 3:34 PM, Dean Spookchester said:

And who did that? From like her generation. You expect her to get the same treatment as Dua Lipa and Billie Eilish?

Go harass the management I guess

ezgif-3-87be1515fc.thumb.gif.68021bb2b2b

Pop-a-911-ster 30,440
On 11/11/2022 at 1:07 PM, chartgaga said:

Didn’t she copy ARTPOP photoshoot for her album about sucking a D with a piercing?

I know this must be shocking for a taylor stans but in albums you can have songs about different topics

• lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,440
On 11/11/2022 at 12:49 PM, corvus albus said:

I'm interested how you came to that conclusion. I have likely more colonizing ancestors as Rosalia and none of my ancestors have emigrated from Europe to anywhere else in the last 150 years. They didn't even leave the country :billie:

The biggest kii is that one of her grandparents was cuban and if she was from the grease country she would have made that her whole personality.

Edit: not that I wish she would ofc

Edited by Andreu

Pop-a-911-ster 27,317
On 11/11/2022 at 9:46 AM, Miaou said:

:awkney: 

well I did not notice it was to block Drake so... good 4 her! I want her to hold the #1 spot