Charts Thread - Stream all of Gagas songs!

Stats4LG

On 10/27/2022 at 10:01 AM, nydedan said:

who will decide the eligibility thing of IAW, paramount or the academy? 

I mean if it's the latter then we may still have a chance

the music branch determines the songs eligibility as well as overseeing the numbers of writers that contributed to the track

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 11,921
On 10/27/2022 at 11:18 AM, xo_hours said:

the music branch determines the songs eligibility as well as overseeing the numbers of writers that contributed to the track

Gaga voting against IAW, yup we love to see it

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bts7b4pin4xieb0m57o1

Popster for Sale 57,442
On 10/27/2022 at 3:59 PM, xo_hours said:

studios can submit all they want, but it'll be up to the branches to see if they even qualify; in which case IAW would immediately be thrown out the trash given its heavy sample and the fact it has six songwriters 

Do I see some unhumle behavior here? 

spacer.png

Q. Top Gun had “Take My Breath Away.” Maverick needed a big artist to match Berlin. So you got Lady Gaga.

Jerry: She’s an incredible artist — let’s start there. A great writer. Her songs are so well produced, and she has such a great voice. She’s a gifted, gifted artist. She’s an actress, she’s a writer, she can do anything. You always want the best. You’ve got Tom Cruise? He’s the best. You want the best artists.

We got her in very early on — I think Paramount contacted her, and we heard something [from “Hold My Hand”] pretty early on. Joe and I flew to London to play it for Tom and Hans Zimmer, and they were blown away.

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/jerry-bruckheimer-top-gun-interview-2022

They better promote, spend big money and campaign the f- out of Hold my Oscar!!!

Cuca GIF by TV Globo

A Popster Is Born 18,439
On 10/27/2022 at 4:14 PM, LGMonster95 said:

It makes sense why they also submitted IAW (its better to try then not to try) but that song is not Oscar worthy IMO (and it also has like 6 writers) 

Neither is HMH tbh and that Billie song also wasn’t. But it is what it is. 

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,390

I don't think it's going to happen anyway but to be honest I wouldn't mind OneRepublic getting the oscar. Of course I prefer Gaga to win because i want her to win all the time :billie: but it'd still a solid winner (as in it's a solid song and it made world in the real world unlike other oscar nominees/winners).

Edited by Andreu
  • paws up 1

Will Academy voters open their hearts Maverick and give it room in the best picture 10? Possibly. Will Tom Cruise land an Oscar nomination for lead actor? Why not? The film will be a solid artisans contender for sound, effects and Lady Gaga’s original song “Hold My Hand” and that below-the-line love could easily translate to a best picture nom. 

https://variety.com/2022/film/awards/academy-awards-oscars-contenders-1235414329/

• love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,021
x3
On 10/27/2022 at 4:21 PM, Doncho said:

Gaga voting against IAW, yup we love to see it

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bts7b4pin4xieb0m57o1

Pls :icant: Since Gaga can vote for this category at Oscars, I am sure that she will have this annoying attitude again ( like Shallow,ARUTW aren't mine songs but are Ally's songs) and hence she will vote for AIW and not for HMH because in her mind that will be the right thing- artists supporting  other artists /not wanting to take advantage of her having the right to vote for herself - believing that she is not great enough to win an Oscar - not believing in her self- promoting in this way her envision of " Supercharged clean artistry, powered by innovation" 

So to sum up, Gaga is so gonna vote for IAW and not HMH and I hate her for this:nicki_scream:

Edited by little legend