Charts Thread - Stream all of Gagas songs!

Stats4LG

Pop-a-911-ster 31,708

Not Taylor breaking Chromatica’s record in Brazil

spacer.png

Not Midnights outstreaming Chromatica’s debut in France

spacer.png

She won, the biggest female artist of this century 

spacer.png

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 10/22/2022 at 10:57 PM, Miaou said:

94. (+14) Blank Space (1,459,269)
102. (-3) Don't Blame Me (1,390,766)
108.  (+91) Cruel Summer (1,346,467)
131. (+17) august (1,258,086)
157. (RE) Lover (1,142,647)

181. (-4) cardigan (1,056,216)
191. (RE) ATWTMVTV (1,017,958)
198. (RE) Style (1,000,148

Not 8 songs above 1M outside of her new album Midnights 
:dead:

Swifties leaving their multiple devices on loop streaming T-person's discog webeenknew :icant:

Popster for Sale 44,632
On 10/22/2022 at 3:59 PM, totallyNOTentela said:

Oh wow so Joker’s music in the movie will be jazz apparently…

Just saw a video from the dom perignom event of Godga introducing her jazz pianist named Alex Smith cause he played that night piano at the event and she was saying “He is one of the most brilliant jazz players and I’ve been all day in the studio working with him”.

Kinda nervous how the jazz songs will do for Joker…

We should have gotten the signal when they used cheek to cheek on that teaser trailer

Cuca GIF by TV Globo

I just hope they aren't covers

Cuca GIF by TV Globo

dark pop album in 2023 followed by dark jazz soundtrack and film in 2024, I manifest it

Cuca GIF by TV Globo

• love 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 10/22/2022 at 5:00 PM, Miaou said:

Not Taylor breaking Chromatica’s record in Brazil

spacer.png

Not Midnights outstreaming Chromatica’s debut in France

spacer.png

She won, the biggest female artist of this century 

spacer.png

just join the cult

Popster for Sale 44,632
On 10/22/2022 at 4:05 PM, zoldyck said:

do we really need to put "female" in there. She is the biggest artist of this century

spacer.png

exactly, she's the biggest album seller of this century, period 

Moderator 3,690
On 10/22/2022 at 6:01 PM, LGMonster95 said:

IMO the only truly interesting thing about Taylor is her numbers (which I'm also wondering why there's such a HUGE difference between her main projects and the side ones) I never really got into her songs.

I guess it comes down to marketing and how Taylor is able to make her album releases feel like pop culture moments that people have to partake in. With her soundtrack singles she just drops a few insta stories and that's it. However for her albums she collaborate with large corporations, the TikTok track reveals whipping the fans into a frenzy and overall on the album release day it feels like you are missing out on the cultural conversation if you haven't listened or formed an opinion. 

• paws up 1

On 10/22/2022 at 4:59 PM, totallyNOTentela said:

Oh wow so Joker’s music in the movie will be jazz apparently…

Just saw a video from the dom perignom event of Godga introducing her jazz pianist named Alex Smith cause he played that night piano at the event and she was saying “He is one of the most brilliant jazz players and I’ve been all day in the studio working with him”.

Kinda nervous how the jazz songs will do for Joker…

We should have gotten the signal when they used cheek to cheek on that teaser trailer

Cuca GIF by TV Globo

Noooooooooo! 

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 10/22/2022 at 5:07 PM, joesuda said:

I guess it comes down to marketing and how Taylor is able to make her album releases feel like pop culture moments that people have to partake in. With her soundtrack singles she just drops a few insta stories and that's it. However for her albums she collaborate with large corporations, the TikTok track reveals whipping the fans into a frenzy and overall on the album release day it feels like you are missing out on the cultural conversation if you haven't listened or formed an opinion. 

also this, it used to be how Gaga approached her musical input up until ARTPOP

Popster for Sale 44,632

Gaga fusing the three major aspects of her career on one project, being acting, jazz and pop music, could be veeery interesting. I can't believe we still have to wait 2 years, ugh. 

Edited by HoldMyOreos
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,708
On 10/22/2022 at 5:06 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

exactly, she's the biggest album seller of this century, period 

No it is Adele

21 and 25 alone sold 60M WW PURE sales 

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 10/22/2022 at 6:07 PM, joesuda said:

IMO It still should not be THAT BIG of a difference because otherwise it really feels like the promotion that she gets is truly the IT factor that does it and not really her

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 10/22/2022 at 5:13 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

and 30? 

Taylor is still on an upward trajectory, she'll take the title. 

exactly, Adele is already declining with her 4th album, and I Drink Wine announcement made 0 noise

Taylor is on her 10th album and still breaking records, the new Madonna

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,708
On 10/22/2022 at 5:13 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

and 30? 

Taylor is still on an upward trajectory, she'll take the title. 

Good luck for Taylor to reach 80M WW PURE SALES cause Adele is at this insane level with the addition of 19 and 30 

Popster for Sale 44,632
On 10/22/2022 at 4:13 PM, LGMonster95 said:

IMO It still should not be THAT BIG of a difference because otherwise it really feels like the promotion that she gets is truly the IT factor that does it and not really her

My 2 cents:

-she appeals to a demographic of young females, I believe that's the best demographic in terms of how much music they consume, and the biggest sellers of history had that type of fanbase (The Beatles come to mind)

-her lyrics are very relatable, and well-written, and the music, while good, is not particularly challenging, it is universally appealing 

-she feeds her fans, keeps her engaging, and is able to masterfully control the narrative around her

there are more reasons but I believe these are the main ones 

Edited by HoldMyOreos
  • paws up 1
  • love 1