Charts Thread - Stream all of Gagas songs!

Stats4LG

Moderator 3,690
On 10/15/2022 at 6:36 PM, Stats4LG said:

Also

Don’t know why she didn’t submit for Alt, she has no chance in the pop categories 

I think the reason is that the Grammys would move her to pop. Usually with the Grammys once you start out in pop/move to pop categories they will always keep you putting you there. Like how Folklore was sent to pop. But yeah, crazy how Lana has no grammies (NFR! deserved).

Moderator 3,690
On 10/15/2022 at 6:50 PM, WildAmerican said:

The fact that NFR! doesn't have any Grammy's shows that they are not the true arbiters of what the best music of the year is.

Yeah, NFR! was a masterpiece and deserved a Grammy. However, to defend the Grammys, they choose Album of the Year, not the Best Album of The Year and 2020 Grammys had TU,N, WWAFAWDWG, and NFR! which all were monumental. Also I personally prefer Happier Than ever to WWAFAWDWG, but Billie's debut was such a generational smash that I understand why it won.

A Popster Is Born 13,421
On 10/15/2022 at 9:08 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

the fact that Lana has no grammy is beyond ridiculous :rip:

one of the most impactful, iconic and acclaimed artists of mainstream music of this century

but JB get's nom'd for Yummy

a joke :icant:

Lana doesn’t seem very likeable to be honest. I can see why her peers don’t vote for her 

Pop-a-911-ster 27,223
On 10/15/2022 at 1:08 PM, emig_09 said:

Xtina updating all "Stripped" era music videos in HD for the 20th anniversary :dead:

"The Voice Within" is the first to update

:gaga-thanks:

A Popster Is Born 13,421
On 10/15/2022 at 9:32 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

Does Justin seem likeable? :rip:

But the two Grammys he won are for other artists’ songs that were massive hits. His catalogue has never won anything, just like Lana :ohhh:

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,886
On 10/15/2022 at 5:10 PM, little legend said:

Today's update will be insane. 

ARUTW will be around 640k 

Just Dance around 630k 

Poker Face maybe 600k 

Love Game 370k 

Judas 340k 

We ain't ready :giveup:

don't jinx it bestie

little legend

• paws up 1
  • lol 3

Popster for Sale 44,886
On 10/15/2022 at 5:15 PM, Adarsh said:

But the two Grammys he won are for other artists’ songs that were massive hits. His catalogue has never won anything, just like Lana :ohhh:

he has 22 nominations vs. Lana's 6 though, and the quality of their output is not comparable in any way shape or form

it's a travesty, but I'm sure there are a lot of similarly shocking stats like these relating to the Grammys 

A Popster Is Born 13,421
On 10/15/2022 at 9:47 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

he has 22 nominations vs. Lana's 6 though, and the quality of their output is not comparable in any way shape or form

it's a travesty, but I'm sure there are a lot of similarly shocking stats like these relating to the Grammys 

I mean Taylor has 3 AOTYs and Micheal Jackson has 1 :rip: so that should tell you everything about the politics of these award shows 

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,390

Something that might have helped justin is who wrote and produced the song for him, since this also plays a role to some degree at the grammys favouring one of the songs above the other. For example, Rosalia submitted Hentai to the grammys because her working with Pharrell on a song looks better on paper than the other (unknowm for most grammy voters) producers she worked on the other, bigger songs she had.

Besides, I think the only Grammy justin won is for Where are U now, and Skrillex is a grammy darling so theres that. 

• paws up 4