Charts Discussion Thread - Born This Way Serving Numbers

little legend

Moderator 17,129

Why the hell expects anyone here some big tour for Madonna? That is the woman that completely killed the momentum of her last album and tour with a horrible performance at the ESC in 2019. This new Madonna tour will not reach the highs of the $190M Rebel Hearts Tour and likely barely make it to the Madame X Tour with its $51M gross.

Don't expect much from her or you will be disappointed.

A Popster Is Born 13,432
On 10/5/2022 at 8:02 PM, zoldyck said:

Please her US, Oceania and Asia tour gross will be insane. Few dates in Europe won't let her down and she will pulling Bad Bunny numbers in US. 

Have you seen Madonna’s touring stats? She is an absolute monster. Nobody comes close to her numbers lmao

A Popster Is Born 13,432
On 10/5/2022 at 8:07 PM, corvus albus said:

Why the hell expects anyone here some big tour for Madonna? That is the woman that completely killed the momentum of her last album and tour with a horrible performance at the ESC in 2019. This new Madonna tour will not reach the highs of the $190M Rebel Hearts Tour and likely barely make it to the Madame X Tour with its $51M gross.

Everyone has forgotten that mess and she’s under Warner now. They will definitely time this tour with her upcoming biopic release to maximise the impact. She can easily do Elton John farewell tour numbers.

On 10/5/2022 at 7:38 PM, Adarsh said:

Have you seen Madonna’s touring stats? She is an absolute monster. Nobody comes close to her numbers lmao

Yes I have, But Taylor has been constantly growing and Madonna gross has been on decline. 

Moderator 17,129
On 10/5/2022 at 4:39 PM, Adarsh said:

Everyone has forgotten that mess and she’s under Warner now. They will definitely time this tour with her upcoming biopic release to maximise the impact. She can easily do Elton John farewell tour numbers.

The problem of the Madame X Tour was that she played badly, the tour sucked, and she showed up late very frequently. It wasn't about timing, but about Madonna not being able to perform like she once did. Elton John sits at his piano for the entire show, but Madonna is a performer. She can't do that anymore.

• paws up 1

On 10/5/2022 at 7:37 PM, corvus albus said:

yeah she peaked in touring with sweet and sticky. It has been constant decline since then. She won't be touching Taylor or even Beyonce numbers, they are current and very much in demand.

Only way Madonna can reach Taylor/Beyonce numbers in 2023, if Madonna advertise it as farewell  tour then maybe people will be more motivated to attend at high prices. 

On 10/5/2022 at 4:42 PM, corvus albus said:

The problem of the Madame X Tour was that she played badly, the tour sucked, and she showed up late very frequently. It wasn't about timing, but about Madonna not being able to perform like she once did. Elton John sits at his piano for the entire show, but Madonna is a performer. She can't do that anymore.

I saw her last show in Paris, when she is in pain, and i didn't believe how much she is dancing. She literally can outdance 90% of pop girls. 

Pop-a-911-ster 31,899
On 10/5/2022 at 4:37 PM, corvus albus said:

Nobody cares about that

it was a bad moment for her during an instant but people forget in the long run

What the geepee thinks about Madonna is that she has the biggest career ever for a female artist. The amount of classics she has shows that she is able to capture an immense audience.
Plus her touring stats are globally insane. No female artist will touch her except maybe Gaga in the future.

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

Moderator 17,129
On 10/5/2022 at 5:01 PM, TheRealMiaou said:

Nobody cares about that

it was a bad moment for her during an instant but people forget in the long run

What the geepee thinks about Madonna is that she has the biggest career ever for a female artist. The amount of classics she has shows that she is able to capture an immense audience.
Plus her touring stats are globally insane. No female artist will touch her except maybe Gaga in the future.

In the last 13 years Madonnas tours have only shrunk in their overall gross, significantly might I add. Her last tour only made ~1/8th of her tour a decade prior. That's like if TCB only made $28M :rip:

I can't stress how much Madonnas tours have deteriorated. She will be lucky if she grosses $50M again with this new tour, that's still a respectable amount.

• lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,642
On 10/5/2022 at 10:07 AM, corvus albus said:

In the last 13 years Madonnas tours have only shrunk in their overall gross, significantly might I add. She lost her last tour only made ~1/8th of her tour a decade prior. That's like if TCB only made $28M :rip:

I can't stress how much Madonnas tours have deteriorated. She will be lucky if she grosses $50M again with this new tour, that's still a respectable amount.

She’s been ruining her legacy with all of her embarrassing behavior.  It’s sad to see.

• paws up 1
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,261
On 10/5/2022 at 12:18 PM, emig_09 said:

US Radio

#155 - Beyoncé - CUFF IT 1.87 +1.25

:bow:

#62 -4 Beyonce - Break My Soul 19.37 -1.05

Less than 20M already for Break My Salsa :whatga:

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 12,830
On 10/5/2022 at 4:20 PM, emig_09 said:

#62 -4 Beyonce - Break My Soul 19.37 -1.05

Less than 20M already for Break My Salsa :whatga:

The blatant swap going on with radio and streaming for BMS and Cuff it we-  Bey’s team never do her dirty. I hope for Gaga’s best single call-outs remain hidden and it’s not just a Renaissance era thing :billie: 

the Eurovision thing was bad, whenever Madonna is brought up here (England) they mention that. I don’t ybini she’ll ever bomb in a tour though, she’s bety global’d like Gaga like DACHF and SA like her. I think she could get a salvageable gross but over 200m is cutting it

Moderator 17,129
On 10/5/2022 at 5:39 PM, Fame Romance said:

German midweeks:

#61(+12) Hold My Hand [18 weeks]  *new peak*

For some reason it hasn't been updated yet. I fell for it as well. This is from last week :dead:

• sad 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 10/5/2022 at 5:07 PM, corvus albus said:

In the last 13 years Madonnas tours have only shrunk in their overall gross, significantly might I add. Her last tour only made ~1/8th of her tour a decade prior. That's like if TCB only made $28M :rip:

didn't she tour theaters for her last tour? Rebel Heart Tour still pulled $169M with 80 shows+

A Popster Is Born 11,591
On 10/5/2022 at 1:10 PM, Adarsh said:

Yaaas finally. I was checking ZPAV every week to see if she got it and here we are 😍

Never even entered our Spotify Top200 or Airplay Top100. 

Ahh a celebration :darkmode:

Also would be already Platinum with the old rules where 10k was Gold and 20k Platinum that they changed this year :gunga:

We deserved a Chroma Ball date in Warsaw but miss Ga said bling not the poor polish fans :bradley:

• hugs 1
  • love 3