Charts Discussion Thread - Born This Way Serving Numbers

little legend

Popster to Popster 4,487
On 8/1/2022 at 10:46 PM, FRANZGA said:

We hate it here :nicki_scream:

Why are points that low :nicki_scream:

Wont be mad if it aint that TRASH :nicki_scream:

Damn. Points really are low af. Gaga re-release HMH! 
SL would have gone top 3 in this selling environment. 

ARTPOPster 1,829

On 8/2/2022 at 11:46 AM, FRANZGA said:

We hate it here :nicki_scream:

Why are points that low :nicki_scream:

Wont be mad if it aint that TRASH :nicki_scream:

Wow good 4 bey for her age + a solo number 1 is so amazing because not anyone can do that 

• yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 2,014

I'm sorry but I don't understand the praise for renaissance. Cool production and all but nothing grabbed me really. And Gaga was the first person to really use oontz oontz house beats in a pop album. Stop dishing out credit to others when chromatica did move the sequin of pop music forward, both in creativity, themes and genre.

Sounds like a broken record, but her best is yet to come. 

• love 2

Moderator 17,119
On 8/2/2022 at 12:20 AM, loopyjae said:

I know I'm gonna get a lot of heat for this and stuff, but I'm really kinda bummed at Beyoncé being the reinventor of pop and most influential act when that place used to be Gaga's. Renaissance may not be pulling Taylor or Adele numbers, but the album as a whole is so great, lyrics aside, I think Beyoncé is pushing pop and four on the floor beats forward tbh, and the fact that Beyoncé did hyperpop before Gaga with All Up In Your Mind? :bebe: Don't get me wrong, Gaga makes GREAT music, but I wish she was pushing boundaries inside of the pop realm like she used in her early days or to just experiment more. All of her music after ARTPOP has felt more.. reduced? like you can see she's not pushing as hard as she could but that's MY perception and I just wanted to share how I feel about the current pop landscape and how Gaga could easily be the one moving pop forward and creating more innovative projects. 

How can you say that Bey is the first to bring hyperpop into the mainstream when Dawn Of Chromatica is a huge Gaga hyperpop remix album which is also one of the most streamed remix albums of all time.

Even in her off time Gaga has pushed boundaries as people have always followed her path. After Joanne was released so many pop stars tried to have their own Joanne. After Gagas huge success with ASIB even Taylor Swift said she aspires to be Gaga.

And let's not talk about Gaga making the first mainstream house album in years with Chromatica and now Drake and Bey also made house albums. Just because Pitchfork doesn't see Gaga pushing boundaries doesn't mean they're right.

• paws up 9
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 8/2/2022 at 12:49 AM, loopyjae said:

That song is pure gay heaven and I'm happy even the straights love it! The outro alone is majestic :scared:

It's my fave off the album tbh 😍

It, Virgos Groove, BMS, Move and Summer Renaissance 😍

A Popster Is Born 13,397
On 8/2/2022 at 3:50 AM, loopyjae said:

I know I'm gonna get a lot of heat for this and stuff, but I'm really kinda bummed at Beyoncé being the reinventor of pop and most influential act when that place used to be Gaga's. Renaissance may not be pulling Taylor or Adele numbers, but the album as a whole is so great, lyrics aside, I think Beyoncé is pushing pop and four on the floor beats forward tbh, and the fact that Beyoncé did hyperpop before Gaga with All Up In Your Mind? :bebe: Don't get me wrong, Gaga makes GREAT music, but I wish she was pushing boundaries inside of the pop realm like she used in her early days or to just experiment more. All of her music after ARTPOP has felt more.. reduced? like you can see she's not pushing as hard as she could but that's MY perception and I just wanted to share how I feel about the current pop landscape and how Gaga could easily be the one moving pop forward and creating more innovative projects. 

Gaga is no longer just a musician though. She’s doing things that none of these other pop girls can do (despite trying and failing several times) so I’m fine with it honestly.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,811
On 8/2/2022 at 12:31 AM, Mario Spears said:

By the way, Alien Superstar is going strong and Bey is competing with no other than herself. 

She is in a league of her own, really! 

She is smashing 

a legend 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,769

I really really want a Chromatica inspired tattoo so besties if you see cool and minimalistic designs or tattoos on socials then please share them with me!!!! 

spacer.png

• yaas, gaga 4
  • love 1

ARTPOPster 1,829
On 8/2/2022 at 6:20 AM, loopyjae said:

Tbh chromatica was always made for commercial appeal (although the GP said no) with the short album tracks. Bey doesn’t really care about singles success so artistically bey is much stronger 

Popster for Sale 41,795
On 8/2/2022 at 8:16 AM, boobatella said:

I really really want a Chromatica inspired tattoo so besties if you see cool and minimalistic designs or tattoos on socials then please share them with me!!!! 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• lol 4

Pop-a-911-ster 31,811

When I took the train Yesterday I heard Fun Tonight in someone’s car 

I was shook and slay in the same time 

spacer.png

Edited by Miaou
  • yaas, gaga 3
  • love 1

Popster for Sale 41,795
On 8/2/2022 at 9:26 AM, Miaou said: