Charts Discussion Thread - Born This Way Serving Numbers

little legend

On 9/21/2022 at 7:48 AM, DonnieDarko said:

Oh and I think she worked on Chromatica and ARTPOP for much longer than 5-6 months, right? We know she started on Chromatica back in 2018, there were writing sessions and first demos being recorded. As for ARTPOP we know she had the songs ready in 2012, some of them at least. But I do agree that she can write and record in 5 months, it’s not unusual for her @monketsharona

When I said 5-6 months I was talking about that time Lady Gaga is in the studio daily to make the full record and wrapping it totally. Which was the case for Chromatica from Sept 2019 to Feb 2020 at Henson Studio.

The previous sessions from 2018 and 2019 were some writing, composing and making demos sessions (same for ARTPOP in 2012). 

To be honest those writing / making early demos / compositions sessions could have easily happened from 2020 to now. She had a lot of free time for this. She doesn't need to be vocal about it. Gaga never hide music is always in the making. She even reminded this during the HoG interview times

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 18,408
On 9/21/2022 at 9:45 AM, monketsharona said:

When I said 5-6 months I was talking about that time Lady Gaga is in the studio daily to make the full record and wrapping it totally. Which was the case for Chromatica from Sept 2019 to Feb 2020 at Henson Studio.

The previous sessions from 2018 and 2019 were some writing, composing and making demos sessions (same for ARTPOP in 2012). 

To be honest those writing / making early demos / compositions sessions could have easily happened from 2020 to now. She had a lot of free time for this. She doesn't need to be vocal about it. Gaga never hide music is always in the making. She even reminded this during the HoG interview times

I think you’re missing my point. I know all of that, mate, there’s no need to explain that. Much appreciated tho. 
:cool:

• paws up 1

That being said I think it's very daring taking Joker's release date as being totally set in stone (considering how many movies tend to be postponed regularly lately).

I really hope she's not making her plans for new music only considering Joker is 100% set for October 2024. Because there's big possibilities it's coming later in 2025 tbh. 

Edited by monketsharona
  • paws up 2

On 9/21/2022 at 12:17 AM, HoldMyOreos said:

Lady Gaga albums pure sales on yearly rankings, according to chartmasters:

2008 - #1 with TF(M) - 15,745,000 sales

2011 - #3 with BTW - 6,725,000 sales

2013 - #11 with ARTPOP - 2,135,000 sales

2016 - #10 with Joanne - 1,300,000 sales

2018 - #2 with ASIB - 3,255,000 sales

2020 - #8 with Chromatica - 680,000 sales

All of her albums are better ranked in pure sales comparatively to streaming (except TF(M) which demolishes both), and all of them are on the top 10 with the exception of ARTPOP. Pretty great. Also most of the other albums have more recent updates, since all of the Gaga records were last updated in 2020 (or at least that's the info they have on chartmasters). 

Bonus:

00's - #9 TF(M)

10's - #14 BTW, #44 ASIB, #80 ARTPOP, #116 Joanne

20's - #11 Chromatica

Both these lists make the decline in pure sales very clear. ASIB was a smash in pure sales comparatively (ranking #2 only to BTS) and still ranks at a meager #44 because of the decline of pure sales throughout the '10s. 

Well that's possibly why after she took a tumble with AP, they pivoted to a pure-driven project like C2C as streaming took off and let artists like Rihanna and Katy take all the risks and formulate the process, aside from being used as a talent re-brand, it's obviously recognised as her strength.

Its abit like how she/her team are only using tiktok now. Labels are all about timing, and hopefully Gaga can get her own song from her back catalogue that reaches 400k

OT:

Austria top 75
#38 (+2) Hold My Hand [16 weeks]

Hand has now passed both ROM (15 weeks) and Stupid Love (9 weeks) in Austria. Next target is ARUTW (21 weeks)

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,417

sis ariana released Sweetener in late August 2018 and two and a half months later thank u next (single) came so anything is possible so long as gaga wants to do it.

i mean we are talking about someone who wrote Just GOD, GOD face and GOD This Way in 10 minutes! 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,420
On 9/21/2022 at 3:59 AM, monketsharona said:

That being said I think it's very daring taking Joker's release date as being totally set in stone (considering how many movies tend to be postponed regularly lately).

I really hope she's not making her plans for new music only considering Joker is 100% set for October 2024. Because there's big possibilities it's coming later in 2025 tbh. 

i'm not worried about JFAD's release date, considering they're going to have over a year of post production. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,921
x3

I saw you dancin' out the ocean

Runnin' fast along the sand

A spirit born of earth and water

Fire flying from your hands (oh)

Hold me closer, tiny dancer

Count the headlights on the highway

Lay me down in sheets of linen

You had a busy day today (oh):giveup:

Hold me closer

Hold me closer (hold me closer)

Hold me closer

Hold me closer

There are caravans we follow

Drunken nights in dark hotels, baby (yeah)

When chances breathe between the silence

Where sex and love no longer gel (oh, yeah)

Count the headlights on the highway (baby)

You had a busy day today:giveup:

Hold me closer

Hold me closer (baby, baby)

Hold me closer

Hold me closer (oh, yeah)

Hold me closer

(Hold me closer) me closer, me closer

(Hold me closer) mm, yeah 

Song Of The Year :giveup:

Record Of The Year :giveup:

• paws up 1
  • lol 4

On 9/21/2022 at 1:29 PM, little legend said:

I saw you dancin' out the ocean

Runnin' fast along the sand

A spirit born of earth and water

Fire flying from your hands (oh)

Count the headlights on the highway

You had a busy day today (oh):giveup:

Hold me closer

Hold me closer (hold me closer)

Hold me closer

Hold me closer

There are caravans we follow

Drunken nights in dark hotels, baby (yeah)

When chances breathe between the silence

Where sex and love no longer gel (oh, yeah)

Count the headlights on the highway (baby)

You had a busy day today:giveup:

Hold me closer

Hold me closer (baby, baby)

Hold me closer

Hold me closer (oh, yeah)

Hold me closer

(Hold me closer) me closer, me closer

(Hold me closer) mm, yeah 

Song Of The Year :giveup:

Record Of The Year :giveup:

The fact that you have the same energy to loving and hating different songs always cracks me up :laughga:

You either praise a song to the heavens or hate it and throw it to the fires of hell, fascinating

Edited by Ms I am a local
  • lol 2

A Popster Is Born 18,408
On 9/21/2022 at 1:34 PM, Ms I am a local said:

The fact that you have the same energy to loving and hating different songs always cracks me up :laughga:

You either praise a song to the heavens or hate it and throw it to the fires of hell, fascinating

Wait, he’s not trolling with Hold Me Dying? 

Popster for Sale 44,646
On 9/21/2022 at 12:39 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Wait, he’s not trolling with Hold Me Dying? 

On 9/21/2022 at 12:40 PM, corvus albus said:

I'm pretty sure he still is

I think SL hate, BH + HMC love are all, at least partially, trolling 

In fact 99% percent of his posts are trolling 

• shook 1
  • yaas, gaga 1