Charts Discussion Thread - Born This Way Serving Numbers

little legend

ARTPOPster 1,466

talking about selling out a stadium...

Does anyone know how this boxoffice report work? Who is in charge of the report and what is the definition of sold out?

I mean it's pretty sure that shows like Arnhem and Houston were not "100%" sold out right? But they were all reported as sold out while we've seen some other artists have shows reported strictly with the actual attendance like these:

(the second pic is EMPTi Tour)

spacer.png

spacer.png

so i wonder if the sold out thing is actually depending on your relations with the venue, tour agent and/or Pollstar and sometimes some payola is required

A Popster Is Born 13,450
On 9/17/2022 at 8:55 PM, nydedan said:

Does anyone know how this boxoffice report work? Who is in charge of the report and what is the definition of sold out?

I mean it's pretty sure that shows like Arnhem and Houston were not "100%" sold out right? But they were all reported as sold out while we've seen some other artists have shows reported strictly with the actual attendance like these:

spacer.png

spacer.png

so i wonder if the sold out thing is actually depending on your relations with the venue, tour agent and/or Pollstar and sometimes some payola is required

Artists like Beyoncé and Taylor also have several dates that weren’t sold out but we’re still reported as such. So I guess it all comes down to your reputation I guess 

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 9/17/2022 at 5:25 PM, nydedan said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Nope it’s just the team announcing them.

ARTPOPster 1,466
On 9/17/2022 at 11:28 PM, chartgaga said:

Nope it’s just the team announcing them.

then our bad gal riri must have a very bad relation with her team with all those shows reported as 95-99% sold out lol

On 9/17/2022 at 8:25 PM, nydedan said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

There are various factors. Event with same venue, tour agent you can get different numbers. Like Katy first leg at Vegas sold 31,933 tickets and was reported 96.75% sold while Katy second leg at Vegas sold 29,615 while being reported 94.94% sold out. According to this full capacity of first leg at venue was 33k, while it was 31k for second leg for same venue. 

Edited by zoldyck

Pop-a-911-ster 30,391

Realistical things we have to look forward to:

• Later this month: HMH video crossing 100M on YT :ohyes:
  • 15/11/22 Grammy nominations (potential HMH nom)
  • Late 2022/early 2023 Oscar noms
  • 5/2/23 Grammy award 
  • Early 2023: Shallow 2B spotify streams :giveup:
  • 12/3/23 Oscars (potential performance)
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 2

Popster to Popster 4,833

I've been a Gaga fan for more than a decade but I just feel like right now Gaga is like finally fully enjoying her life/career overall. Honestly Chromatica feels like it was Gaga's most important album so far (for her personally) because you can see from far away that she's feeling much better nowadays physically and mentally. It's a bit moving how she started this whole thing while being sad and in pain and ending it with her being healed and happy with her life, Chromatica really has served its purpose overall and we should feel all glad for it.

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 8

Bad Bunny’s numbers… can’t believe this. Truly insane.

1) Kenny Chesney Tickets Sold: 122,021; Venue: Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Mass.; Gross: $12,968,004; Ticket Range: $50-$415; Promoter: Messina Touring Group/AEG Presents; Dates: Aug. 26-27; No. of Shows: 22) Bad Bunny Tickets Sold: 84,865; Venue: Yankee Stadium, Bronx, N.Y.; Gross: $22,757,635; Ticket Range: $59.50-$1,000; Promoter: Live Nation; Dates: Aug. 27-28; No. of Shows: 2 3) Bad Bunny Tickets Sold: 84,776; Venue: Minute Maid Park, Houston; Gross: $22,153,405; Ticket Range: $59.50-$1,020; Promoter: Cardenas Marketing Network; Dates: Sept. 1-2; No. of Shows: 2 4) Iron Maiden Tickets Sold: 62,994; Venue: Foro Sol, Mexico City; Gross: $3,791,135; Ticket Range: $22.50-$104.01; Promoter: OCESA;… 

• love 1

Popster for Sale 44,889
On 9/17/2022 at 4:46 PM, Andreu said:

I was streaming the supperior Free Woman version 

Reveal hidden contents

And I thought how amazing would be to have it in a 12" vinyl with that gorgeous yellow cover 

200.gif

Reveal hidden contents

I hate haCuca GIF by TV Globo

idk why but that gif is hilarious to me :icant:

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 9/17/2022 at 2:58 AM, Sam said:

"Coming soon" :laughga:

Please no 💀

Popster to Popster 3,903

Cuff It smashing, we love to see it! 

• paws up 2
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 9/17/2022 at 6:01 PM, Andreu said:

another cover

A serve omg 😍😍😍

• love 1

A Popster Is Born 16,337
On 9/17/2022 at 5:25 PM, nydedan said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

arnhem was soldout. Houston sold what was available, they just closed sections and didn't sell them, so it still soldout just not max capacity

• love 1