Charts Discussion Thread - Born This Way Serving Numbers

little legend

On 9/14/2022 at 4:36 PM, danwasd said:

but it's a song appearing during credits if, imo is like saying everyone knows Sunflower by Post bc of Spider-Man :katy:

So end credits songs attached to $1.3B grossing movies are justified to not become hits?

Interesting

imagen_2020-11-03_231148.png.a56b41a0c12

• paws up 2
  • lol 7

Popster for Sale 44,886
On 9/14/2022 at 3:51 PM, Miaou said:

Mah Gawwd what's happening with us these days...praying so Godga doesn't win an Oscar?!!!

Cuca meme GIF - Find on GIFER

Being okay with not winning =/= praying so Godga doesn't win an Oscar

Cuca meme GIF - Find on GIFER

A Popster Is Born 14,846
On 9/14/2022 at 4:47 PM, Thrasher said:

So end credits songs attached to $1.3B grossing movies are justified to not become hits?

Interesting

reading comprehension who 

all i said was that hit songs that play during credits –what HMH doesn't do, if we want to talk about technicalities– aren't remembered as part of the film they appear but as standalone/orphan songs by the artist, at least on my book

but whatever gives the opportunity to justify the mammouth-size floppage of HMH, for sure lmao

Edited by danwasd

Popster to Popster 4,833

This whole "we need to be humble" sh!t is becoming ridiculous. If she doesn't win then she doesn't win, I literally moved on the next day when she lost the nomination at the Oscars at the beginning of this year (sure we should not start saying that she's winning everything but we also kinda need to stop acting like It's impossible for her to win) 

• thanks 6

Popster for Sale 44,886
On 9/14/2022 at 4:12 PM, LGMonster95 said:

This whole "we need to be humble" sh!t is becoming ridiculous. If she doesn't win then she doesn't win, I literally moved on the next day when she lost the nomination at the Oscars at the beginning of this year (sure we should not start saying that she's winning everything but we also kinda need to stop acting like It's impossible for her to win) 

But everyone says it jokingly here except for one member 

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,232
On 9/14/2022 at 12:12 PM, LGMonster95 said:

Yes. I won't be humble.

I'll root for HMH and Score nominations even if they do not get the nods

What is that sh!t of being humble? CMON I don't like to suppress my emotions only because of WHAT? 

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 9/14/2022 at 6:14 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

But everyone says it jokingly here except for one member 

I hope so cause it screams "pls don't have any kind of expectations cause my emotions are extremely fragile" for me I always find it kinda fun to have a certain level of expectation from my fav when it comes to award shows, ofc if it doesn't happen then it just doesn't happen, I don't need to be dramatic about it, she still did a fantastic job and her career moves on etc.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 9/14/2022 at 6:16 PM, emig_09 said:

Yes. I won't be humble.

I'll root for HMH and Score nominations even if they do not get the nods

What is that sh!t of being humble? CMON I don't like to suppress my emotions only because of WHAT? 

Yeah, I expect HMH to be nominated and I'm not so sure about the Score but imo It's possible. From my own perspective, I'll rather go with my own instinct then to be afraid to have some faith (It's ok to be wrong anyway) 

• love 1

On 9/14/2022 at 5:03 PM, danwasd said:

reading comprehension who 

all i said was that hit songs that play during credits –what HMH doesn't do, if we want to talk about technicalities– aren't remembered as part of the film they appear but as standalone/orphan songs by the artist, at least on my book

but whatever gives the opportunity to justify the mammouth-size floppage of HMH, for sure lmao

Sis it was just a joke :bebe:

It’s ok HMH underperformed, but All The Stars is still part of the BP soundtrack which went #1 and got nominated for AOTY so I don’t think people dissociated it from that movie, maybe you just worded it badly 

• paws up 1