Charts Discussion Thread - Born This Way Serving Numbers

little legend

On 8/21/2022 at 1:38 PM, Gaga Banana said:

Nicki only 3% of overall points come from radio. Wonder if it will stay top10 next week, since the digital sales will collapse and the radio audience is still small. 

It could be anywhere #8 - #12.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,830
On 8/21/2022 at 12:35 PM, Swallow said:

Bey and Nicki getting solo #1s in 2022 :katy:

with Bey they gave US radio support which isn’t open to Gaga past week 1. Nicki did a Dr.Luke Song that her fans would love and catchy enough for GP; but her fans gave always been good at giving her top 10 peaks.

Gaga’s base culture is bad at supporting her, but had SL been planned better and for a weak tracking period  the radio deal, Post ASIJ hype + more encouragement with discounts and bundles would’ve got it to #1 (making the free-fall worse anyways)

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09

Popster to Popster 3,452

Spotify - Road to 100M

John Wayne - 96,570,749 (+28,794)
G.U.Y - 94,741,689 (+49,511)
Hold My Hand - 94,195,557 (+717,222)
I Don’t Know What Love Is - 90,861,537 (+26,389)
Marry The Night - 90,637,652 (+51,840)

• paws up 8

A Popster Is Born 10,651
On 8/21/2022 at 1:55 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

with Bey they gave US radio support which isn’t open to Gaga past week 1. Nicki did a Dr.Luke Song that her fans would love and catchy enough for GP; but her fans gave always been good at giving her top 10 peaks.

Gaga’s base culture is bad at supporting her, but had SL been planned better and for a weak tracking period  the radio deal, Post ASIJ hype + more encouragement with discounts and bundles would’ve got it to #1 (making the free-fall worse anyways)

Honestly I'm very curious to see how Gaga's return with new solo music will be hyped and received. Feel like it'll be either a big big success or a huge underperformance.

Even if Chromatica Ball shows that she's still a strong value in the music industry, I'm not sure it'll materialise in sales / streams on what's next. Wait and see I guess. 

Edited by monketsharona

Popster to Popster 3,452

Hold My Hand should reach 100M at the end of this month.
G.U.Y should reach 100M in December 2022.
John Wayne should reach 100M in December 2022.
Marry The Night should reach 100M in March 2023.
I Don’t Know What Love Is should reach 100M in August 2023.

we need more streaming farms :lesson:

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 2,965
On 8/21/2022 at 2:02 PM, monketsharona said:

Honestly I'm very curious to see how Gaga's return with new solo music will be hyped and received. Feel like it'll be either a big big success or a huge underperformance.

Even if Chromatica Ball shows that she's still a strong value in the music industry, I'm not sure it'll materialise in sales / streams on what's next. Wait and see I guess. 

Or there will likely be a weak lead debuting to the hype in the top 15/20 and falling, a second single with strong collaboration or decent promotion that peaks in the top 5 and then falls. The album will debut with 180,000 / 200,000 pairs in the first week, dropping to 40,000 / 50,000 in the second. After months of silence they release as a promotional single a favorite track of the fans, which does not enter the hot 100 (or has a peak in the top 80/90). The album stops at 1,000,000 copies in the US and 150,000 in the UK, reaches platinum in France / Italy / Canada / Australia and a critical rating of 75/80. One great performance months after release. This will be the LG7 era (Exactly like ARTPOP / Joanne / ASIB / Chromatica) 

• sad 1
  • lol 1

On 8/21/2022 at 1:55 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Gurl BMS is still getting 10m US streams this week in its 8th week, its definitely a legit hit. SL was on its way out of the Hot 100 and the same point doing, what 2m streams? :rip:

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 12,830
On 8/21/2022 at 1:02 PM, monketsharona said:

Yeah it’s becoming clear that Gaga is more solidified as an entertainment figure that is bought into as an artist through the way she can shift tickets either for performing live or performing on the big screen. That’s also why I think they’ve looked to apply her musicianship to OST/musicals. Her artistry to GP is largely one of TFM singles and Shallow 

i still believe she will make a magnum opus with LG7 free of any pre concepts of pleasing certain people or drafting people in to push the streams etc 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,651
On 8/21/2022 at 2:17 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Yeah it’s becoming clear that Gaga is more solidified as an entertainment figure that is bought into as an artist through the way she can shift tickets either for performing live or performing on the big screen. That’s also why I think they’ve looked to apply her musicianship to OST/musicals. Her artistry to GP is largely one of TFM singles and Shallow 

i still believe she will make a magnum opus with LG7 free of any pre concepts of pleasing certain people or drafting people in to push the streams etc 

Feel Interscope is probably wondering the same about how well her next project will be doing. Not a safe bet either way :laughga:

Just my opinion but if next era is not that close she really should release one or two songs / collabs just to keep people invested in her music. I don't think a total blackout would be helping her. As much as it could work so well with artists like Beyoncé, Rihanna, Adele, Taylor. Gaga has always been a hit or a miss in terms of GP's support. 

By the way I really want her to have a big solo hit / classic. Something she doesn't need to count on someone else power. 

A Popster Is Born 14,851
On 8/21/2022 at 2:01 PM, Stargazer said:

Spotify - Road to 100M

John Wayne - 96,570,749 (+28,794)
G.U.Y - 94,741,689 (+49,511)
Hold My Hand - 94,195,557 (+717,222)
I Don’t Know What Love Is - 90,861,537 (+26,389)
Marry The Night - 90,637,652 (+51,840)

G.U.Y. will outstream Jolene Wayne in a couple decades, the little flop single that could :giveup: