Charts Discussion Thread - Born This Way Serving Numbers

little legend

Popster This Way 900
On 8/8/2022 at 2:59 PM, Miaou said:

I agree before the album release BMS was doing meh on Spotify and AM

but during the album release week, BMS reached again #2 on Spotify US and top 5 on AM US so yeah radio payola is a huge part for the success of this song but it seems the GP is liking too  

I wish radio callouts didn't go paywalled the week BMS was supposed to debut so we could know for sure. Not suspicious or anything.

Moderator 17,129
On 8/8/2022 at 8:59 PM, Miaou said:

I agree before the album release BMS was doing meh on Spotify and AM

but during the album release week, BMS reached again #2 on Spotify US and top 5 on AM US so yeah radio payola is a huge part for the success of this song but it seems the GP is liking too  

Sadly, they pushed callouts behind a paywall, so the only metric to measure GP approval has been sealed off :bradley:

A Popster Is Born 13,432

Daily reminder that the “solo” drag is only meant for artists that get hits by jumping on quick little remixes. Shallow and ROM being duets is not even close to that :cm:

• paws up 4

ARTPOPster 2,230
On 8/8/2022 at 9:56 PM, ConnorFilm said:

To be fair, the song’s start was very mediocre. We all thought it would be another Run The World. Her label really shut us up in the end. I’m still eating my humble pie. :katy_pie:

Who's "we"? It was clear Beyoncé's comeback would be big. I said that and people laughed at me here :billie: 

Popster This Way 900
On 8/8/2022 at 3:01 PM, corvus albus said:

Sadly, they pushed callouts behind a paywall, so the only metric to measure GP approval has been sealed off :bradley:

Regardless of BMS performance, I think radio stations were tired of people knowing they were pushing songs the GP hated.

Popster This Way 900
On 8/8/2022 at 3:03 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Good for us tbh.

:flutter:

Honestly, yeah. Think of all the heartburn we could have avoided had we not know Stupid Love and Rain on Me's callout scores. :rip:

A Popster Is Born 18,451
On 8/8/2022 at 9:04 PM, Ethel said:

Honestly, yeah. Think of all the heartburn we could have avoided had we not know Stupid Love and Rain on Me's callout scores. :rip:

Yeah, think also of all of those who thought that HMH would change that.

:rip:

Popster This Way 900
On 8/8/2022 at 3:06 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Yeah, think also of all of those who thought that HMH would change that.

:rip:

AC and Hot AC callouts can be weird. In case anyone forgot, Rain on Me smashed on Hot AC callouts.

Popster for Sale 41,934
On 8/8/2022 at 8:10 PM, Matteo Remondi said:

When we thought HMH would smash HAC radio :laughga:

we are so funny I love u guys

We're smashing the HAC graveyard (AC) instead :applause:

• lol 4

A Popster Is Born 18,451
On 8/8/2022 at 9:12 PM, Ethel said:

AC and Hot AC callouts can be weird. In case anyone forgot, Rain on Me smashed on Hot AC callouts.

Yeah, so I don’t even want to think what would happen to the TG song. 

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,899
On 8/8/2022 at 9:03 PM, ARTPOP said:

Who's "we"? It was clear Beyoncé's comeback would be big. I said that and people laughed at me here :billie: 

I said her debut will be huge and it seems I was right :billie: a not Shallow teas :billie:

A Popster Is Born 13,432
On 8/9/2022 at 12:35 AM, DonnieDarko said:

Adarsh is kinda not letting Beyonce breath, is he?

:icant:

I mean I love her but let’s not act like 80% of her numbers aren’t coming from the US. If Taylor Swift is dragged for being local then why make exceptions now? :icant:

Edited by Adarsh
  • paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 31,899
On 8/8/2022 at 9:01 PM, corvus albus said:

Callouts are not the only metric gurl

Smashing Spotify and AM in the long run when the hype from the fanbase has faded show the GP approval 

• paws up 1